3 | Syracusefan.com

Eh. Who is scoring if you take Jimmy and Cole out?

Joe was terrible, so can’t say put him in for Buddy.

Frank is still a year away. That is the problem.

Last edited:
Eh. Who is scoring if you take Jimmy and Cole out?

Joe was terrible, so can’t say put him in for Buddy.
Ask the maestro of roster building that question.

maybe, you just really gotta suck up on the d for a three or four minute stretch. One thing is for sure, we won’t close out better teams at the end on dead legs.

EDIT - we have a 5 star recruit on the roster. Yea, Benny does not get much done on O, but he plays decent D. No reason he should not get 10 minutes so each of the others can get some rest. Also, can go small for a bit with both Joe and Symir in there. All in all there are ways to make sure nobody plays more than 35 minutes. Boeheims appear to have had good games, but a combined 3 for 14 from three says something about dead legs. No way we beat anybody decent if buddy is not making treys.

Last edited:

maybe, you just really gotta suck up on the d for a three or four minute stretch. One thing is for sure, we won’t close out better teams at the end on dead legs.

Your comment was about managing minutes in a game. I think everyone agrees this roster leaves a lot to be desired, though personally I believe we beat both VT and ND with Jesse.

I believe Buddy jumped from #6 in the country to #5 in the country in mpg, but I need to wait to see a second source on that jump.

He is still #1 in P5, though, regardless.

Tough to be hitting jumpers consistently when you are logging that many minutes. Honestly, I'm glad he hasn't got injured.

EDIT - we have a 5 star recruit on the roster. Yea, Benny does not get much done on O, but he plays decent D. No reason he should not get 10 minutes so each of the others can get some rest. Also, can go small for a bit with both Joe and Symir in there. All in all there are ways to make sure nobody plays more than 35 minutes. Boeheims appear to have had good games, but a combined 3 for 14 from three says something about dead legs. No way we beat anybody decent if buddy is not making treys.
The Boeheims were 18-35 for 47 points. That's not bad efficiency. I don't think last night was the game to be making this argument. The game was lost due to a no show by Joe and JB not playing Symir soon enough.

And the Benny stuff doesn't make much sense at this point. We are still clutching to his recruiting ranking. If he was a 3 star or low 4 star you wouldn't be giving him nearly the benefit of doubt.

What begins? Do you think we’d have a better chance with our best player and only inside threat? No matter what you think of the team, the fact is we are not as good without Jesse. It’s not that difficult to understand.
Agreed. We aren’t as good without Jesse.

Also, What was our record with him again?

I think it’s obvious what begins. 2 years from now we’ll have the same takes we do about the 2020 season. “Actually we were well on our way to the tourney before Jesse gets hurts”

What begins? Do you think we’d have a better chance with our best player and only inside threat? No matter what you think of the team, the fact is we are not as good without Jesse. It’s not that difficult to understand.
I think he means this is JB's out if we lose these games down the stretch because he didn't have his best player when in reality we weren't that good with him to begin with.

I think it’s obvious what begins. 2 years from now we’ll have the same takes we do about the 2020 season. “Actually we were well on our way to the tourney before Jesse gets hurts”
Nope, just a winning record.

What are these 2020 takes you speak of?

I think with Jesse we were trending better but still capped at maybe 17-18 regular season wins and a chance for 2 ACC wins depending on draw. Without Jesse, we are little less than that version of mediocre. Maybe 16 wins and probably 1 in the ACC. In either case, we wouldn't be joining March Madness this year.

Cuse!

I believe Buddy jumped from #6 in the country to #5 in the country in mpg, but I need to wait to see a second source on that jump.

Tough to be hitting jumpers consistently when you are logging that many minutes. Honestly, I'm glad he hasn't got injured.
He doesn’t leave his feet or go after loose balls, so he probably won’t get injured.

I think he means this is JB's out if we lose these games down the stretch because he didn't have his best player when in reality we weren't that good with him to begin with.

Yep. That’s exactly what the poster said that he responded to.

Yep. That’s exactly what the poster said that he responded to.

TBF he said “it begins.” The “it” beginning the slow progression from “we beat these teams with Jesse” to retconning us as a tourney team prior to Jesses injury.

Just like some posters think we were winning the ACC tourney because we curbstomped a trash UNC team.

To say Jesse would not have helped in the VA Tech or ND game is bonkers. He could have scored almost at will on Tech, and last night he would have, at the very least, helped on the boards. 17-11 and having won 8 in a row is a heck of a lot better than 15-13 and staring down the barrel of getting taken to the woodshed on Saturday vs Duke.

Also folks were optimistic about the 2020 tourney as beating that trash UNC team was how we expected a decent team to perform against them. Don't forget they kicked our butts in the Dome like 10 days earlier. They played like we all knew they could and the hope was that they gelled at the right time. Now most likely our next game we'd have gotten' smacked back to reality... but we'll never know. I like to think positively.

It begins...

I am on record for wanting JB to retire. I am also an objective person. I can see multiple sides of argument and come to a logical conclusion even when there are counterpoints. Don’t paint me as a JB apologist. I have spent too much time in time out on this board to qualify as that.

To say Jesse would not have helped in the VA Tech or ND game is bonkers.
No one said that.

The exact quote was “I believe we beat both VT and ND with Jesse”

Which is fine. I don’t even necessarily disagree.
But we did lose to many teams with Jesse as well. We’ll see where the story goes in time

Buddy in reality plays 35 minutes devoted to offense and the remaining for defense.

The issue is that the coach has stated other players wanted to play for SU but he decided he, as coach, did not need any more players. He had enough players to play out the season.

That decision was ________. You can fill-in-the blank with the word of your choice, but you cannot use "smart" or "based on 40+ years of hall of fame experience."

Why? Because players get hurt, sprain ankles, tear ACLs, break wrists, have asthma, get sick, get poked in the eye, foul out or are regularly in foul trouble, do not play defense, do not hustle, cannot jump, are only good in practice, fight with their girlfriend, sleep with their teammate's girl friend; get suspended, become athletically ineligible, and fight with the coach. What else did I miss?

This team needed to have another viable forward and guard on the roster. That is on the coach.

TBF he said “it begins.” The “it” beginning the slow progression from “we beat these teams with Jesse” to retconning us as a tourney team prior to Jesses injury.

Just like some posters think we were winning the ACC tourney because we curbstomped a trash UNC team.
No one seriously thought that.

Buddy in reality plays 35 minutes devoted to offense and the remaining for defense.
What does this even mean?
I'm picturing him as an AI glitch in a video game where he is floating off the screen while the rest of the team is in the zone playing defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom