31,000 at Stanford last night?! | Syracusefan.com

31,000 at Stanford last night?!

Scooch

Living Legend
To quote Charles Barkley, "That's just TURRRIBLE".

These conference championships have turned into a joke, aside from the SEC, who's fans are simply clinically insane.

ACC and B1G are going to be playing at neutral sites with huge swaths of empty seats.

I thought the PAC-12 was doing it right by having the game on campus, but apparently if its not in Eugene no one will go.

Crazy. I guess 5pm, Friday, in California isn't necessarily easy to get around at that hour, but 31k at your home field for the conference championship...against a team from your home state? Weather was pretty crappy, too, but wow.

You have to have almost a perfect storm or be in the SEC for this championship thing to work.

Friday night is movie night at Stanford. I believe the Comp Sci Club meets on Fridays as well. Poor scheduling on the PAC 12's part.

The great Pac 12.

Wow.

I wonder what the great Big Ten will draw for their non-probation championship game.

ACC and B1G are going to be playing at neutral sites with huge swaths of empty seats.

You are certainly right about the ACC title game, but I have trouble believing that any game involving Nebraska would have huge swaths of empty seats. I guess we will find out tonight.

You are certainly right about the ACC title game, but I have trouble believing that any game involving Nebraska would have huge swaths of empty seats. I guess we will find out tonight.

They returned half of their allotment, if that gives you any indication.

You would think at some point decison-makers would need to respond to the market. I dunno - maybe not.

To quote Charles Barkley, "That's just TURRRIBLE".

These conference championships have turned into a joke, aside from the SEC, who's fans are simply clinically insane.

I thought the PAC-12 was doing it right by having the game on campus, but apparently if its not in Eugene no one will go.

PAC12 needs Texas. A Texas/Okla-USC/Oregon conference champ game would be sold out. The PAC12 needs Texas and Okla to become 1st tier again. I think this happens at some point.