33-20 with 16 mins left | Syracusefan.com

33-20 with 16 mins left

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
considering we're 25-0 and ranked #1. considering boston college is 6-19. considering the time left in the game and considering the game is at the carrier dome. what were the chances we would lose the game at that point? 1%? less than 1%?

its crazy enough that we lost at home to a 6-19 team, but to have a 13 pt 2nd half lead and still lose? truly mindboggling.

I cant imagine what the mline bet was for the live in play betting on BC...id guess it was anywhere from +5000 to 7000, some lucky out there hit that im sure.....but I thought it was over at that point for sure

considering we're 25-0 and ranked #1. considering boston college is 6-19. considering the time left in the game and considering the game is at the carrier dome. what were the chances we would lose the game at that point? 1%? less than 1%?

its crazy enough that we lost at home to a 6-19 team, but to have a 13 pt 2nd half lead and still lose? truly mindboggling.

Game was over as far as I was concerned and I was already looking ahead to Duke

That's what I've been muttering to myself more than anything else. We had a 13 point second-half lead at home against the worst team in the conference...there's no way we lose in that situation...

The one thing all year ive noticed is the drop in intensity when this team secures a decent lead. Its frustrating and im sure JB will address it. At that point it should be blood in the water and go harass them into turning 13 into 30. Instead we fall back on d seemingly waiting for them to hopefully miss.

I left my son's basketball practice at 8:00 and we were up 13. Was taking him to Buffalo Wild Wings to celebrate winning a JV b-ball tourney on Monday. By the time we got to BWW, the lead was 7. We both looked at each other and said almost simultaneously "why can't we put teams away"? Even then I still thought it was over and never really thought we were actually going to lose until Cooney's three rimmed out in OT.

Up 13 in the 2nd half at home vs. 344th ranked defensive team in the country and we go scoreless over the next 7:52 with 2 NBA lottery picks, POY senior, 3 year starting center and a sharp shooter at 2 guard.

Sounds like a bad dream came true

Up 13 in the 2nd half at home vs. 344th ranked defensive team in the country and we go scoreless over the next 7:52 with 2 NBA lottery picks, POY senior, 3 year starting center and a sharp shooter at 2 guard.

Seems reasonable. Imagine how ugly it would've gotten if we were playing the 322nd ranked defensive team?

They went unconscious from 3. 70% at one point with 7-10. If any opponent puts up 70% stretch from 3 on 10 or more shots we'll be in trouble.

That doesn't make it any better, but the fact is they had a crazy run of shots and they won. That's the strategy every crappy team tries against us. Heck, even duke ran it in the second half and over time.

95 times out of 100 it doesn't work and we win. Sometimes it works, and we lose. It sucks, but it happens.

I left my son's basketball practice at 8:00 and we were up 13. Was taking him to Buffalo Wild Wings to celebrate winning a JV b-ball tourney on Monday. By the time we got to BWW, the lead was 7. We both looked at each other and said almost simultaneously "why can't we put teams away"? Even then I still thought it was over and never really thought we were actually going to lose until Cooney's three rimmed out in OT.

You must be an optimist...my view on Cooney's 3 point desperation heave in OT was that not only did it not rim out, it didn't even draw iron. :)

You must be an optimist...my view on Cooney's 3 point desperation heave in OT was that not only did it not rim out, it didn't even draw iron. :)
Actually I think you are right. Didn't Ennis catch the air ball under the basket?

The one thing all year ive noticed is the drop in intensity when this team secures a decent lead. Its frustrating and im sure JB will address it. At that point it should be blood in the water and go harass them into turning 13 into 30. Instead we fall back on d seemingly waiting for them to hopefully miss.
We still havent addressed the fact that our guards cant stay at home on the perimeter, ever.

I think Pomeroy had us at like 97% to win before the game, so up 13 in the second half its gotta be over 99%

Terrible shot selection from that point on. Settling for contested jump shots. No ball movement. Stopped pounding the ball in the paint. Stopped playing defense. As BC made some 3's their confidence grew and they played with a lot more intensity than we did. Add in some missed SU FT's down the stretch and you've got an upset. The only BC player who might start for us is Hanlan. Just a What loss.

Further, considering we beat them by 10 a month earlier at their place, saw their best stuff and how do deal with it, knew Cooney scored 21 against the same people and was due to explode in this game, that we now had Keita back to give Rak a quick rest and that Hanlon and Anderson already had 3 fouls.

I was lamenting why we were not already up by over 20.

Further, considering we beat them by 10 a month earlier at their place, saw their best stuff and how do deal with it, knew Cooney scored 21 against the same people and was due to explode in this game, that we now had Keita back to give Rak a quick rest and that Hanlon and Anderson already had 3 fouls.

I was lamenting why we were not already up by over 20.

the way BC played in the 1st half the game should have been over at halftime. if we hold a team to 17 points in the 1st half at home we should be up 15-20 points. a bad defensive team too.

the pit in my stomach just returned.

I've been saying for years... Games should only be 24 minutes long. We got robbed by that damn 40 minute rule.. Again!

We still havent addressed the fact that our guards cant stay at home on the perimeter, ever.
one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result

on one end, BC just kept driving, kicking and taking open threes, and our guards kept leaving them open time after time

on the other end, iso after iso to CJ, he draws a crowd, fails to pass the ball, and comes up empty

that game was almost like watching two sequences running on a loop

Sounds like a bad dream came true

grant is not a lottery pick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom