34% of fans think MJ would beat Lebron 1-on-1 right now | Syracusefan.com

34% of fans think MJ would beat Lebron 1-on-1 right now

It begs the question though - who wins a one on one game between say 1993 MJ and 2010 Lebron? MJ is the better offensive player but could he overcome the 2 inch and 40 lb size disadvantage?

I don't think Jordan beats LeBron in their respective primes. LeBron was just as good a shooter, is faster, has a big size advantage, and could back Jordan down every time with the ball. The only way LeBron loses is if he plays dumb or makes stupid mistakes.

Jordan was by far the superior competitor, more prepared for physical play and a superior scorer which in 1 on 1 is the most important thing. I picture MJ making Lebron cry.

Last edited:
I don't think Jordan beats LeBron in their respective primes. LeBron was just as good a shooter, is faster, has a big size advantage, and could back Jordan down every time with the ball. The only way LeBron loses is if he plays dumb or makes stupid mistakes.

I don't agree that Lebron was/is just as good of a shooter at all. Maybe from 3 they were similar(MJ never had great range), but Jordan's mid range jumper was much better than Lebron's. The Spurs were actually playing off Lebron in some of the finals games, wanting him to shoot jumpers(partly because of how good he is at driving, but partly because he's never been a great shooter - more like a pretty good one that can get hot). That never happened with Jordan, he was one of the best shooters in the league from 15-17 feet.

LeBron James had a 37.4 PER in the 2009 Playoffs

Lebron James is Magic Johnson in Karl Malone's body. 1989-1992 MJ beats Lebron now. 53 yr old MJ has no chance. With that said MJ is the better player overall. If Lebron faced the Bad Boys one series he would have complained and meltdowned down. MJ was actually fouled hard and put muscle on to absorb all the physical play.

Give me MJ all day over Lebron. Kobe is more of MJ clone than Lebron.

Lebron James is Magic Johnson in Karl Malone's body. 1989-1992 MJ beats Lebron now. 53 yr old MJ has no chance. With that said MJ is the better player overall. If Lebron faced the Bad Boys one series he would have complained and meltdowned down. MJ was actually fouled hard and put muscle on to absorb all the physical play.

Give me MJ all day over Lebron. Kobe is more of MJ clone than Lebron.
Nice. Picturing Lebron playing against the Bad Boys brings a smile to my face. Lebron is much stronger physically, thats the only advantage I give him. The height is irrelevant. I'd say its even on 3 pt shooting but in a 1 on 1 game Lebron would never get a 3 off and Mike would never attempt one. Mike would be so up in Lebron's junk he would have to try and take him to the hole every time. Mike would go by Lebron and hit pull ups at will. Mike would pick his pocket enough times to win. I'm of course talking about Mike at the same age as Lebron. Today's Mike wouldn't have a prayer though I'd bet he could still average 10 pts a game in the NBA.

And whoever said Lebron is quicker than Mike was never saw Mike in his prime. Not even close.

Nice. Picturing Lebron playing against the Bad Boys brings a smile to my face. Lebron is much stronger physically, thats the only advantage I give him. The height is irrelevant. I'd say its even on 3 pt shooting but in a 1 on 1 game Lebron would never get a 3 off and Mike would never attempt one. Mike would be so up in Lebron's junk he would have to try and take him to the hole every time. Mike would go by Lebron and hit pull ups at will. Mike would pick his pocket enough times to win. I'm of course talking about Mike at the same age as Lebron. Today's Mike wouldn't have a prayer though I'd bet he could still average 10 pts a game in the NBA.

And whoever said Lebron is quicker than Mike was never saw Mike in his prime. Not even close.
Mike would talk so much shizzle to Lebron that he'd cry.

The thing people forget is that nobody beat Michael. His will makes any advantage anyone else had, has or ever will have irrelevant. He was a competitive machine forged by the Gods of competition themselves.

LeBron is an all-time legend. There's no denying this.

But Michael is THE legend.

Michael, all day (in their primes). Michael Jordan, just before he retired (the first time)? Unbelievable. No one was ever going to beat him. If he hadn't retired, the Bulls would have won 8 straight titles. I'm absolutely positive about this.

If he hadn't retired, the Bulls would have won 8 straight titles. I'm absolutely positive about this.

It's certainly possible, but I don't think it's anywhere close to being a guarantee. I think those Knicks and Rockets teams would have given Chicago a lot of trouble in 1994, and could easily have won a 7 game series against them.

Tell me how MJ stops LBJ from scoring. LBJ would just back him down until he is under the basket, and lay it in.

Easy--if he got the ball first, he'd score on 11 straight possessions and LBJ would never even get the ball.

Both in their primes, MJ 10 out of 10 times. Not even close.

Easy--if he got the ball first, he'd score on 11 straight possessions and LBJ would never even get the ball.

Both in their primes, MJ 10 out of 10 times. Not even close.

If you replace "LBJ" with "Andrew Kouwe", then I'm on board with your post.

You are wrong. End of story.

Tell me how MJ stops LBJ from scoring. LBJ would just back him down until he is under the basket, and lay it in.
Its pretty simple. Jordan was one of the best defensive players ever. Lebron has played in a league where they aren't allowed to play real defense anymore. You can travel at will, you get open dunks and layups because players know they will get a foul anytime they play D. The NBA is a joke of a league now. Hasn't been worth watching since the 90's.

I'm not sure what guard/forward I would give the edge to in 1on1 verse MJ. I mean he was the nastiest competitor I ever saw. Its make it take it and call your own fouls but all calling a foul gets you is the ball back and fouled even harder usually. I think MJ is a better finisher with contact than James because he played when there was a lot more physical play allowed. Finishing with contact and being able to get by a physical defender are probably the two most important aspects of 1on1 bball. I think MJ is better at both than James. As far as James backing MJ down he could try but MJ is shoving him right back or forcing him sideline so you need to make little turn arounds/fadeaways or still have your dribble when you turn. That is what James should be trying to do in this matchup though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom