3rd quarter | Syracusefan.com

3rd quarter

CNY in Miami

Walk On
The 3rd quarter may have been the worst quarter I have ever witnessed by an SU team. I don't see how you can blame any od them on Maroone. If anything I believe this team is over achieving with the level of talant we have at the skill positions.

I have been watching SU football since 1961 and I believe our current crop of running backs would not be capable of playing on any SU team. Nassib has periods of flash but has always had a propensity to fumble, throw the ball way to hard, and he has zero speed. We have no breakaway threat in the backfield. This puts us in situations were we have to throw for first downs, the opposing team knows this, put a rush on Nassib and he totally looses his composure. He will not be playing football on Subdays.

I do believe Maroone is upgrading the talent level significantly each year, he is the right man for the job, and will succeed.

We have comparable talent to Rutgers, our talent just really really enjoys Russian Roulette.

jerome is a really good back to have as he seems to be improving week by week. gully seems to be playing in a lower gear every game now

Gulley looks terrible and thats an understatement. Jerome Smith is legit and I think hes been the best RB on the field for either team the last few games. Nassib is horrible and there is no other way around it. Our entire offense is built around his inability to throw with any accuracy, over 10 yards. For the love of God can we run an offense that succeeds in college!? A mobile QB is a good start, we are not USC and we shouldnt be running out offense like we have Matt Barkley throwing to USC WR's. Guess how teams with lesser talent win games in college?...Answer, spread offense and a running QB.

Oh yea, and once the culture of playing like pu$$ies wears off maybe we can turn the tide...yes Marrone, thats for you. Its not your fault that we cant execute a simple 30 yd FG and it turns into a game changing TD for Rutgers, but it is your fault that we were put in that position, that everyone in the chat knew we would run some garbage rb draw on 3rd down, that our entire team has been pu$$ified by your play calling, that youre a disciplinarian with the least disciplined team in college football. We lost to Northwestern, Minnesota and Rutgers because of our own mistakes, out own turnovers and your playcalling. If people want to defend Marrone then fine, I do actually think we have way more talent (albeit inexperienced) next year than weve had in a long time, but even Marrone backers have to admit he needs to do some serious looking in the mirror when it comes to why this team is 2-4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom