4 in the West per Palm | Syracusefan.com

4 in the West per Palm

At this point, it may work to our benefit to get away and regroup, rather than go to Buffalo and MSG. On the other hand...but gotta be optimistic!

More interestingly, he has Cincy as the #3 in Buffalo. I think it is completely ridiculous to put Cincy above us.

At least we can analyze this because both Syracuse and Cincinnati are done for the week

Syracuse 27-5 (RPI 14) / Cincy 27-6 (RPi 16)

Top 25: 3-2 (Duke, Nova, UNC) vs 2-4 (Louisville, UConn)
Top 50: 7-2 vs 6-5
Top 100: 15-3 vs 9-6
Bad Losses : 0 vs 2
Road / Neutral Record (Top 100): 7-3 vs 3-5
Top 100 Road / Neutral Wins: Baylor, Pitt, Minnesota, Cal, St. John's, Maryland, Florida St vs Louisville, Memphis, Pitt

Advantages for Cincy - 2 less bad losses... the best road win

Advantages for Syracuse - Well ahead in top 25, well ahead in top 50, WAY ahead in top 100, WAY ahead in road / neutral record vs good teams.

The 2 bad losses do matter, and they are worse than a regular loss. But they don't make up a gap of 15-3 vs 9-6. Or the large gap in road/neutral record.

More interestingly, he has Cincy as the #3 in Buffalo. I think it is completely ridiculous to put Cincy above us.

At least we can analyze this because both Syracuse and Cincinnati are done for the week

Syracuse 27-5 (RPI 14) / Cincy 27-6 (RPi 16)

Top 25: 3-2 (Duke, Nova, UNC) vs 2-4 (Louisville, UConn)
Top 50: 7-2 vs 6-5
Top 100: 15-3 vs 9-6
Bad Losses : 0 vs 2
Road / Neutral Record (Top 100): 7-3 vs 3-5
Top 100 Road / Neutral Wins: Baylor, Pitt, Minnesota, Cal, St. John's, Maryland, Florida St vs Louisville, Memphis, Pitt

Advantages for Cincy - 2 less bad losses... the best road win

Advantages for Syracuse - Well ahead in top 25, well ahead in top 50, WAY ahead in top 100, WAY ahead in road / neutral record vs good teams.

The 2 bad losses do matter, and they are worse than a regular loss. But they don't make up a gap of 15-3 vs 9-6. Or the large gap in road/neutral record.
If we get seeded a 4, anyone who says "last 10 games aren't a criteria"...Adios.

It's not like Cincy has a great last 10 if that is deemed important: 6-4 vs 5-5.

The majority of those wins are against the AAC sisters of the poor.

I'll take a 4. I don't care where. We have to improve if that's possible with this cast.

Arizona would't be a bad matchup for us. They suck on offense and are really good on defense. It would be a first to 50 game. They have Nick Johnson as their only reliable shooter, and I bet NBA scouts would love to see Aaron Gordon vs. Jerami Grant. McConnell is like Tyler Ennis, but Ennis is a better shooter.

nc state isn't a bad loss its a regular loss since if nc state beats duke today they could slip into the bracket in play in round

I'll take a 4. I don't care where. We have to improve if that's possible with this cast.
Historically JBs done some of his best work as a four. FFs as a two, three (NC) and Twice as a four!

Historically JBs done some of his best work as a four. FFs as a two, three (NC) and Twice as a four!

Well, those teams weren't in such a funk like this one. I know what you're getting at, though.

nc state isn't a bad loss its a regular loss since if nc state beats duke today they could slip into the bracket in play in round

Absolutely... it's not a bad loss. It's a loss vs at worse an NIT level team on a neutral court.

Should we have won. Yes. But it doesn't crush our resume.

Well, those teams weren't in such a funk like this one. I know what you're getting at, though.
Yep we saved our season last year in the BET, getting to the finals gave them confidence and the d was lights out till the second half against ul in the finals. That didnt happen this yr obviously

And the 96 team had zero momentum heading into ncaas, but they still made FF as a four.

my current top 20 s curve after a complete scrub of the teams:
1- Florida
2- Arizona
3- Wichita State
4- Wisconsin
5- Villanova
6- Michigan
7- Kansas
8- Duke
9- Iowa State
10- Virginia
11- Syracuse
12- Creighton
13- Louisville
14- Michigan State
15- San Diego State
16- Connecticut
17- North Carolina
18- Cincinnati
19- Ucla
20- Ohio State

Last edited:
1- Florida
2- Arizona
3- Wichita State
4- Wisconsin
5- Villanova
6- Michigan
7- Kansas
8- Duke
9- Iowa State
10- Syracuse
11- Virginia
12- Creighton
13- Louisville
14- Michigan State
15- San Diego State
16- Cincinnati
17- North Carolina
18- Connecticut
19- Ucla
20- Oklahoma

Looks pretty solid.

It would be interesting if Duke lost to NC St today. Who has the better resume? Us or Duke? To me its Syracuse.

I have used the "2 loss rule" all year with Duke, in part because they played a few more eilte OOC games. If teams are 2 loss different it's a toss up.. but with a 3 loss difference we should be ahead when a full analysis is done.

Looks pretty solid.

It would be interesting if Duke lost to NC St today. Who has the better resume? Us or Duke? To me its Syracuse.

I have used the "2 loss rule" all year with Duke, in part because they played a few more eilte OOC games. If teams are 2 loss different it's a toss up.. but with a 3 loss difference we should be ahead when a full analysis is done.

tossup to me. We have more top 100 wins but they played better OOC slate and have more top 25 wins

Michigan State is going to snipe Buffalo as their housing Wisconsin and I doubt Michigan will beat them x3 in one season tomorrow. Hello, Spokane or San Diego.

1- Florida
2- Arizona
3- Wichita State
4- Wisconsin
5- Villanova
6- Michigan
7- Kansas
8- Duke
9- Iowa State
10- Syracuse
11- Virginia
12- Creighton
13- Louisville
14- Michigan State
15- San Diego State
16- Connecticut
17- North Carolina
18- Cincinnati
19- Ucla
20- Ohio State
There is absolutely zero chance UVA gets seeded lower than Syracuse. None, Nada, Nunca. After Lville wins the AAC they will be seeded above us also (in reality they are already above us).

Michigan State is going to snipe Buffalo as their housing Wisconsin and I doubt Michigan will beat them x3 in one season tomorrow. Hello, Spokane or San Diego.

bigten final is so late the bracket will already be in place before the big10 final is finished

bigten final is so late the bracket will already be in place before the big10 final is finished
They can make two brackets easily I don't get anyone actually thinks the B1G final is late is used. The committee uses BS all the time. If Michigan State beats Wisconsin their will be 2 brackets depending on who wins that game.

They would just make a provisional outcome: 3 in Buffalo if they win, 4 in some other region if they lose. You just swap out the other team depending on the outcome of the B1G.

There is absolutely zero chance UVA gets seeded lower than Syracuse. None, Nada, Nunca. After Lville wins the AAC they will be seeded above us also (in reality they are already above us).

You are on some really strong stuff if you think Louisville is above us without aac title. Virginia-cuse is close and if Virginia wins the final tomorrow they will be above us but as of now we are ahead by an eyelash in my opinion because of our OOC wins in maui

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom