40 mins for CJ and Grant | Syracusefan.com

40 mins for CJ and Grant

djcon57

Living Legend
Understand they just had a week off, but concerns me for the 2 in 3 days tourney schedule that Roberson may be less than prepared.

Roberson will get run against some of the weaker ACC teams. We needed every minute we could get out of Grant, Fair and Ennis for this W.

No doubt. Again, I'm talking long term. Can CJ and Jerami go 40 for 4 straight NCAA games?

CJ is starting to look gassed. Needs to average less than 35 minutes a game in the regular season if we expect him to hold up through the NCAA's.

CJ is starting to look gassed. Needs to average less than 35 minutes a game in the regular season if we expect him to hold up through the NCAA's.

I thought both looked a little gassed at the end. I should have specified that in my OP.

No doubt. Again, I'm talking long term. Can CJ and Jerami go 40 for 4 straight NCAA games?

CJ can, he proved it a year ago that he can never come of the floor for weeks at a time, and be productive no matter what.

Grant I worry about though. It seems his offensive ability dwindles late in the second half when he plays more than 30 minutes in the first 35. Thats a huge reason we need DC2 back, to give Grant somewhat of a breather, so he can continue to be that explosive late in games as he was earlier this season.

CJ can, he proved it a year ago that he can never come of the floor for weeks at a time, and be productive no matter what.

Grant I worry about though. It seems his offensive ability dwindles late in the second half when he plays more than 30 minutes in the first 35. Thats a huge reason we need DC2 back, to give Grant somewhat of a breather, so he can continue to be that explosive late in games as he was earlier this season.

Yep..looked like Grant was getting shoved around down low late. Specifically remember not getting the board which resulted in a Pitt layup

Also, CJ missing front end of the 1-1.

Again, don't want it to take away from the great win. Just was curious what everyone thought.

I thought both looked a little gassed at the end. I should have specified that in my OP.
I was going to post the same thing. CJ missing the FTs was telling. Grant lost the spring in his hop. Also getting beat for inside position on the missed Pitt FT.

The tighter the game, the tighter JBs lineup.[/quot

Always has been that way. Always will be that way. I don't have a problem with it at all. These guys dont get tired playing at this pace and there will be plenty of oher games where the other guys can get their run.

also look at the schedule we have no game until next Saturday @ Miami so jb figured he could give grant and fair the full game unless fouls became an issue and then rest them during the week and do you really want a freshman big in the middle of a typical Syracuse-pitt game

and Roberson should get time vs wake forest for sure

Libero2 said:
CJ can, he proved it a year ago that he can never come of the floor for weeks at a time, and be productive no matter what. Grant I worry about though. It seems his offensive ability dwindles late in the second half when he plays more than 30 minutes in the first 35. Thats a huge reason we need DC2 back, to give Grant somewhat of a breather, so he can continue to be that explosive late in games as he was earlier this season.

Even if dc2 was available I doubt he plays more than 2 minutes in this game.

JB is going to throw his best players out for as long as he needs them no matter the circumstance. Unfortunately we need 38-40 from 3 certain guys in every close game.

Need to get Roberson some minutes.

What's the worst that could happen - he'd miss clutch free throws and get abused on the defensive glass?

They will.

Will that be our most effective 80 minutes of forward play? No.

Without dajuan as an option we will see this against good teams. The player I think earned more mins is mike g. He deserved more time in the 2nd half for his d. When we went up 10 I was hoping to see him to not let pitt get space for 3s. He looked a bit flustered on the bench as well.

OttoMets said:
Need to get Roberson some minutes. What's the worst that could happen - he'd miss clutch free throws and get abused on the defensive glass?

It's not the worst, it's the best. The best he does is provide less offense and defense that Grant or CJ can provide. He seems passable on defense but on offense he looks spastic. He's looked out of control every time he has driven with the ball, and has rushed every jumper he's taken minus one wide open 15 footer he made. He's not ready.

It's not the worst, it's the best. The best he does is provide less offense and defense that Grant or CJ can provide. He seems passable on defense but on offense he looks spastic. He's looked out of control every time he has driven with the ball, and has rushed every jumper he's taken minus one wide open 15 footer he made. He's not ready.

Of course my response was flip, but that's not the best-case scenario.

Roberson had a very bad two or three-game stretch a few weeks ago, but he's been solid on defense and is a presence on the glass. I don't think 40 minutes of Grant or 40 minutes of Fair is any more effective than 35 minutes of those guys; Grant runs out of steam and Fair was spectating on a number of Pitt's offensive rebounds today (and never has been mistaken for a great defender).

We're not getting enough out of our frontcourt right now. We need a boost.

JB has always won 1 game at a time.

That's why he has 920+ wins.

Win the game you're playing.

Develop a kid independent of a game.

Just win baby...

JB has always won 1 game at a time.

That's why he has 920+ wins.

Win the game you're playing.

Develop a kid independent of a game.

Just win baby...

I agree with this. One of the things that I appreciate more than anything about JB is that his competitive drive is second to none. If you ever hear him talk about losing his final game in HS in the State Championship you know that it is in his core and he hasn't lost it. He wont just play TR to get him experience. TR needs to prove that he can play to take minutes from someone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom