48 articles amd posts about how bad we are | Syracusefan.com

48 articles amd posts about how bad we are

and statistical analysis. I can save alot of work for people. If we have just an average Offensive line we are 5-2 right now. End of story

Yep

and statistical analysis. I can save alot of work for people. If we have just an average Offensive line we are 5-2 right now. End of story

Agree 1000%.

The problem is: not sure that there is a quick fix, this year or next.

the question will be talent vs execution.. are we getting run over, are we missing blocks, are we not making the correct block. You can fix the last 2 much of the time. We need to find 2 answers for next yr and improve the answers from this yr for the rest.

for me there are far too many mental mistakes which just compound the physical ones. What we as fans dont know is how many of those mistakes are missed assignments vs bad blocking calls.

When the tackle gets beat by speed rush 1v1 thats something you try to correct differently than when guys are running free and thats the stuff film room work is for.

the same issues from game 1 to 7.

but thats just fixing the pass blocking.. run blocking is a whole nother set of issues.

For me, the OL is the most important room in a football program.

If that room is deficient, the entire program is at peril.

So, yes, we need to get to work.

Agree, one just need look at FSU the last couple years. Loaded with 4 and 5 star athletes.

Disagree.

We'd be 6-1.

7-0 if the refs in College Park threw flags on early drives for obvious intentional grounding. (I can't prove this).

Agree 1000%.

The problem is: not sure that there is a quick fix, this year or next.

Not a quick fix this year, but it will absolutely be addressed this offseason and can prove beneficial next season. Dino can assure playing time and even starting to prospective grad transfers and those looking to go into the transfer portal.

Not a quick fix this year, but it will absolutely be addressed this offseason and can prove beneficial next season. Dino can assure playing time and even starting to prospective grad transfers and those looking to go into the transfer portal.

Thats fine but we can't continue to be K-State and be Juco U for Transfers.

At some point we have to kick recruiting into high gear, get solid recruiting classes and stop being in the basement of the ACC. Develop these kids we bring in.

The lack of solid recruiting is catching up, we have no depth at several positions and I don't want to hear any excuses about injuries every program has them.

download.jpg

I mean I think we all realize the OL is a major part of the problem. Now how do we wash it out?

Starts with coaching, next up training. Based on comments from the players and Dino a huge emphasis is placed and being able to run and get lined up quickly for the next play
Dino " we are only as fast as our slowest..." Well when your QB is on his Arse 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage are the guys taught to back peddle quickly?
Also how about having players focus on one position. I guess i can possibly see tackles cross training left and right same with guards but not really. The oline is the most difficult position group in football. Playing musical chairs doesn't work. Again coaching. Finally play downhill. Play with some physicality. Play with some passion. Dino needs call a large exoctic Animal Veterinarian.
The Elephants are sick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom