5 win bowl game | Syracusefan.com

5 win bowl game

upperdeck

Living Legend
so right now there are 61 teams that with 5 wins or more get in ahead of us for 17 spots.. leaves 20 ahead of us in APR that would get in first if they get to 5. Others need to get to 6 to get in over us like FSU/Maryland/UCLA. Root for some to eat there young. probably 4-5 others get in.. so that leaves 12 spots from here we need about 5 things to happen to have a shot beyond just big favorites winning

so 12 slots left

temple- UCF lose to Tulsa would help but they need to lose all 3 so better if they beat Cinci
Cinci - Lose to temple and one of ECU/UCONN
Uconn - lose to BC and UCF

PITT - need UNC to step up leaving VT/Miami
Duke - need to lose 3 army/GT/Wake it could happen
Texas - Kansas probably too much to ask

Air force
Florida - could come down to FSU
MIZZU
Tenn - 3 of these 4 probably in no matter what
Vandi
Ole Miss

Rutgers - root for indiana
Indiana - root for Ill
NEB - loss to Minn probab does them in
Purdue - Indian could ding them too
Minn - loss to Neb probably does them in

MTSU.. dang dont see them losing all 3

Miami O need to lose one of EMU or Ball
Buffalo - need to lose one of Ball or BGSU

This is a thread for the last week of the season and hopefully it isn't necessary then.

You aren't that guy at all. A team with a losing record going to a bowl game is the stupidest thing ever.

Indeed.

But - going to a bowl game is always better than not going to a bowl game.
Therefore, if we didn't qualify with 6 or more wins automatically, we're certainly not going to say no to a bowl invite with 5 wins, should we earn one.

Which, looks highly unlikely, given the current standings.
So - let's just go win at least 2 more, mkay? ;)

Yes, 5 or 6 wins doesn't deserve a bowl, but its about the $$$ and thats wh
at drives the bus. Even at 5-7, subjectively, we will be a very appealing team in a bowl given our style, stud qb, fun wrs, and Dino's personality. You know what fellas, the last few weeks were gut wrenching and we are all tired of moral victories; but geeez we are a fun team to watch and follow. Anything we do has some juice and style to it. :)

Let's face it. If you're not one of the 4 playing for the NC, bowls don't mean much except to fans of those teams. I have no problem whatsoever with a 6-6 team playing in a bowl game.
Especially a team that had our schedule. We are clearly better then a whole crap load of 7-5 and 6-6 teams that are headed for bowls.

i thought that there are less bowls this year? i personally would think it's ridiculous if we go to a bowl with 5 wins. I'm a traditionalist and remember seeing early 90s cuse teams with 7 wins not go to bowls. Our 93/94 teams were not bowl teams. Remember that when you are pining for a 5 win (in a 12 game season) being in a bowl.

My suggestion for Dino is to win 2 out of the next 3. We are in position to do it.

I don’t care if we deserve it or not. Extra practices for the team and more football for us to watch.
Especially a team that had our schedule. We are clearly better then a whole crap load of 7-5 and 6-6 teams that are headed for bowls.
These 2 posts right here.

I want another game to watch, especially over the holidays.

Not going or not watching and even not wanting a free bowl game because the Orange are 5-7, would be like not taking 3 free points before the half...completely stupid.

Wait...

We played a lot of great teams really well this year. I don't see us losing two, much less three. But, if we do, no 5-7 team has our schedule. A game is a game. It gives us another opportunity to yell at the screen.

One less bowl game this year as opposed to 2016...last year three 5-7 teams went. This year it is further complicated as any hurricane effected team at 5-6 will be ahead of any 5-7 team. BL: Don't waste any brain cells thinking about it...Cuse at 5-7 will not get a bowl game. It is 6 wins or bust.

Last edited:
i thought that there are less bowls this year? i personally would think it's ridiculous if we go to a bowl with 5 wins. I'm a traditionalist and remember seeing early 90s cuse teams with 7 wins not go to bowls. Our 93/94 teams were not bowl teams. Remember that when you are pining for a 5 win (in a 12 game season) being in a bowl.

My suggestion for Dino is to win 2 out of the next 3. We are in position to do it.
7 win teams not getting in was rare. There was only one 7 win team post Schwartzwalder that didn't go to a bowl, the other 5 all went. The last team prior to '94 was '65 when there were only 9 bowls, and in '64 we went with 7. The '93 team only won 6.

I agree with you, though. In an era of 12 game seasons 7 really should be the minimum to have any real meaning similar to the way 6 was minimum when we played 11.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom