5 win teams | Syracusefan.com

5 win teams

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
Here's the list of teams looking to back up the bus into a bowl game this weekend. Some of them are head to head loser leaves town matchups.

Head to heads:

Florida - Florida State
Rutgers - Maryland
The Fighting Shafers - Fla Atlantic
Charlotte - Old Dominion

Others (underdogs)

Us, obviously
TCU (@ Iowa State)
Virginia Tech ( @ UVA)
LSU (vs Texas A&M)
San Jose State (vs Fresno State)
South Alabama (vs Coastal Carolina)
North Texas (vs UTSA)
Tulsa (@ SMU)

Others (favorites)

West Virginia ( @ Kansas)
Ball State (vs Buffalo)
Memphis (vs Tulane)

Others (weird)

USC vs BYU, has 4 wins, plays @ Cal the following week
Cal (@ UCLA) has 4 wins, plays USC the following week

If this isn't exciting, then I don't know what is!

(I don't know what is)

Anyone

Tomcat had said our APR isn't all that great. I don't really know where to find it. I found one site that had it by conference, but not overall.

It just depends on how many spots are open and who the 5 win teams are from above.

I know I should be more supportive, but I think a 5 win bowl team is ridiculous.

Tomcat had said our APR isn't all that great. I don't really know where to find it. I found one site that had it by conference, but not overall.

It just depends on how many spots are open and who the 5 win teams are from above.

I know I should be more supportive, but I think a 5 win bowl team is ridiculous.
It is, but I would still be glad to have a Christmas season SU game. (Selfishness)

there’s gotta be an article this week that breaks this down just at least for the amusement of it all, we beating Pitt tho anyways

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone
last place i checked we were about 4th on the 5-7 list but some 4 win teams could jump us with wins. It is also tough to know as pac 12 last year said no5-7bowling last year, is that still in play or no.

Just win Saturday and this is moot. We can win Saturday. I believe it, I think our guys will be super motivated and will put together a solid game and get the W.

Here's the list of teams looking to back up the bus into a bowl game this weekend. Some of them are head to head loser leaves town matchups.

Head to heads:

Florida - Florida State
Rutgers - Maryland
The Fighting Shafers - Fla Atlantic
Charlotte - Old Dominion

Others (underdogs)

Us, obviously
TCU (@ Iowa State)
Virginia Tech ( @ UVA)
LSU (vs Texas A&M)
San Jose State (vs Fresno State)
South Alabama (vs Coastal Carolina)
North Texas (vs UTSA)
Tulsa (@ SMU)

Others (favorites)

West Virginia ( @ Kansas)
Ball State (vs Buffalo)
Memphis (vs Tulane)

Others (weird)

USC vs BYU, has 4 wins, plays @ Cal the following week
Cal (@ UCLA) has 4 wins, plays USC the following week

If this isn't exciting, then I don't know what is!

(I don't know what is)
I know you have watched, with delight, our games this year. I have, but was wondering, along with all the other teams listed do you really think we and they with all our and their 5-6 records hoping to be 6-6 deserve to be in a "Bowl Game" this year? or ever?

I know the system set up says 6 W's and you're in but I guess I'm more old school thinking the best teams with the best records play each other. There are 8 ACC teams going into this weekend with 5-6, 6-6, and 6-5 records two are 9-2 two are 8-3, then there are GT and Duke at 3-8.

A jillion bowls for mediocre but, I guess for their fans, very exciting teams. Another it's all about the money scenario. Sure, I hope we beat Pitt, but not because we have a great team, but because I would get to see Sean Tucker up his record and beat the back at MI State!

They should have also been super motivated the last two weeks too and they came out flat both times..

So….
for some reason the teams plays better at home

last place i checked we were about 4th on the 5-7 list but some 4 win teams could jump us with wins. It is also tough to know as pac 12 last year said no5-7bowling last year, is that still in play or no.
Is it possible for the bowl to pick a 5-7 team with a lower APR if the team has a dynamic, First team All American Running Back?

Buffalo has 4 ball state has 5 who do we want to win this? If buff wins and both have 5 maybe we ahead of apr? Or we don’t want buff to win? Good talk

Some of those teams might turn it down. A place like lsu with a coaching change etc would pass, I believe. Could be a bunch in that boat

Ole Miss is #2. I will now officially discount whatever the APR is
It’s not just football APR that matters iirc. So places like that have smart kids on olympic teams to balance it out

correct, there likely won't be any slots open for a 5 win team, and if there is/are, a team who is 71st in APR isn't getting in
as of today we are in a slot to get a spot at 5 wins but winning would be better. Pending any backchannel talks between teams and there conference saying whether they would accept a bid at 5 wins or other backchannel talks

Assume before our kick we would know if we in any type of position to at least get a slot for this… prob gotta be in top 2 spots

The APR has likely been crushed by all these guys leaving mid-season. They aren't going to finish the semester with passing grades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom