50 Shrades of Gamer | Syracusefan.com

50 Shrades of Gamer

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
Dungey-esque. Keeping plays alive, stiff-arms, knowing where the sticks are, long strides, lofting 50-50 balls giving the WRs a chance, summer-saulting, taking hits, fighting for extra yards, sliding & getting hit with no call, running backwards 10 yards-pirouetting-gaining 8, throwing a block on a reverse, a dropped pick-6, 2 dropped TDs, throws that make you scream both “YES!!” & “NO!!!”, &, finally, standing in, winning one for your team & then ending the interview with “yes, sir” before bear-hugging Tony White. He won them over today, I’m so ready to roll with him these next 2.5 years!!!

Last edited:
3rd & 13 w/ 13:47 left, we’re all out of sorts, the play clock is at 1, & Shrader just scraps the play, calls for the snap, & runs up the middle twisting & turning for 21 yards. Next play he goes 5 yds up the gut untouched for the TD. Took matters into his own hands with the chips down. Awareness. Gamer.

3rd & 13 w/ 13:47 left, we’re all out of sorts, the play clock is at 1, & Shrader just scraps the play, calls for the snap, & runs up the middle twisting & turning for 21 yards. Next play he goes 5 yds up the gut untouched for the TD. Took matters into his own hands with the chips down. Awareness. Gamer.
He should be calling the plays. Couldn’t do worse than the OC.

He should be calling the plays. Couldn’t do worse than the OC.
Eh, that’s harsh. I was pretty pleased with the play calls. We finally stretched the middle of the field. Also, that pump fake then hand off to Tucker on the 1st play of the 4Q caught VT completely off guard & might’ve been a TD if they didn’t botch the snap. I was pleased with Sterlin today & not just because we won. Gotta get the plays in much quicker though.

Guy is a gamer...definitely reminds me a lot of Dungey in that way (remember 2017 when we were on the cusp?). When the passing game starts to click a bit more...look out. We've been putting up over 500/yards per game in the ACC (I think?) without much passing game. Even with the losses, I love that this team always feels like they are in it.

I was just going to start a new thread about this specific play. Without question the play of the game in my book outside of the winning TD pass.

How he treated his shot to the ribs the same week Tommy cries to the media that he has PTSD from our oline says everything you need to know. Jumped up afterwards and pumped his fists. Our guys are gonna run through walls for this kid. Field general.

I’ve had back-to-back 84 hour work weeks & haven’t shaved in 12 days. I believe it to be my longest streak ever. My beard looks like hell, to the point where multiple people have assumed that I hunt (I don’t). I’m going to have to buy my first electric trimmer (well, 2nd, but the other is used strictly for, um, not my face lol). At this point, I might as well just let it grow & be fully invested, as I assume you’ll see students/fans wearing fake Shrader beards in The Dome going forward. I wear a ton of flannel in the winter but refuse to buy/use beard oil, that’s where I draw the line!

Last edited:
Oddly, I heard he learned all of that from a private coach. (wink emoji)

I hope someone points out today’s performance to Mike Leach. Syracuse University’s big gain. Dungey is smiling somewhere. Go Orange!!!!!

How did he run him down. I thought Schiano said he ran a 5.8.
Schiano thought the question was what is Schiano's football I.Q.? I mean, it's more believable than him meaning Duece' speed.

Was there an issue with the play calling? Not from where I sat, other than typical hindsight types of things.

Yeah, I keep seeing new plays that they continue to add for Shrader and Tucker as a team.

The thing that many people don't understand is that you don't practice every play in the playbook.

You practice certain basic plays and learn them. Then you learn variations off those plays.

Every team goes through this. Maybe less so in the pros, but even then, a new coach brings a new system, new nomenclature, and you start installing an offense from scratch.

We are seeing that they are coming up with more and more plays that suit this new offensive personnel. It's only natural.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom