6OT Game on MSG Network | Syracusefan.com

6OT Game on MSG Network

I watched it also this afternoon. I forgot that walkon Justin Thomas had to play the last 2 OTs due foul troubles. I always rooted for JT to get in blow out games as he and I are HS alumnus from Loyola HS in LA, although i graduated 19 yrs earlier. Very rare nowadays for LA ballers going to the Cuse. The program no longer recruits actively in SoCal. Tony Bland was the last LA recruit who got run here, then transferred.

I watched it as well. What an amazing collection of athletes we had. Arinze Onuaku & Rick Jackson?!? Flynn & Devendorf?!? Harris & Rautins?!?

Something I've been moaning about this year is how little we attack the rim. That 2009 team attacked the rim like Godzilla attacked Tokyo.

How did they ever lose any games? (note: I don't care to know the answer).

A walkon Justin Thomas plays a couple OTs and barely even touched the ball on O. They literally hid him on the opposite baseline and let Flynn take every shot. The UConn 11th man however comes in and hits a shot right away.

If Devendorf is open, he will make a shot. Hardly ever missed layups. Ran his mouth too much, I applaud any opposing player for not clocking him.

Kris Joseph as a Freshman was such a deer in the headlights.

AO shot 60-something percent from the field. Could you imagine if Xmas was doing that, we'd have 30 wins already.

AO shot 60-something percent from the field. Could you imagine if Xmas was doing that, we'd have 30 wins already.

Where's that "Not sure if serious" meme?

I DVR'd it and watched it last night. My how it's much easier to watch 5 years later. I thought I was going to have a heart attack that night.

That 2009 team attacked the rim like Godzilla attacked Tokyo.

It was nice to see multiple players taking it to the rim. All of them, including Andrius, was attacking off the bounce (and he had a really nice drive and dish to Jackson). That's one thing I really wish Cooney would do more of. He either shoots or gives it back to Ennis and runs another lap. If he could mix in some drives and pick up some assists, it would take a lot of the predictability out of this offense.

I DVR'd it and watched it last night. My how it's much easier to watch 5 years later. I thought I was going to have a heart attack that night.

That 2009 team attacked the rim like Godzilla attacked Tokyo.

It was nice to see multiple players taking it to the rim. All of them, including Andrius, was attacking off the bounce (and he had a really nice drive and dish to Jackson). That's one thing I really wish Cooney would do more of. He either shoots or gives it back to Ennis and runs another lap. If he could mix in some drives and pick up some assists, it would take a lot of the predictability out of this offense.

When we attack the rim like we believe they can't stop us, we also get the benefit of fouling out the other team's bigs. In that game, we fouled out Thabeet, Stanley Robinson, and Gavin Edwards.

Makes getting to the basket easier and easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom