72nd in nation | Syracusefan.com

72nd in nation

will6786

Scout Team
At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. ranks syracuse recruiting class 72nd in nation what a great job by hcss first class because thats 37 spots hire then doug marrone's first class

Those rankings are whack.

The real rankings should come out after their senior years of college.

That is a testament to who is a good recruiter.

EDIT: and yes, Bees, I would still say this same thing if we had a Top 25 "ranked" class. ;)

true frozen and true rocco because in 4 years we don't know what will happen..

Ranking 17-19 year old kids who have never played a down in college :crazy:

Ranking 17-19 year old kids who have never played a down in college :crazy:

RutgersFan says you are delusional...

Topping the recruiting rankings is all that matters (when you've never won anything...)

This class is definitely not 72nd in the nation. Give me a break. That's laughable. Not when BCS schools are trying to come in on your recruits. And in 3 years Syracuse is going to go out and beat Clemson BC Pitt and Louisville with this "72nd" ranked class. Unbelievable.

ranks syracuse recruiting class 72nd in nation what a great job by hcss first class because thats 37 spots hire then doug marrone's first class
That means the new staff roughly held serve on where it was ranked, right?

That's not bad.

The only scouting service ranking SU recruits this bad is Scout, ESPN and Rivals rank our individual players higher not by total rank. On scout we have 8-3Star, ESPN 15, and Rivals 11, quite a difference.

ranks syracuse recruiting class 72nd in nation what a great job by hcss first class because thats 37 spots hire then doug marrone's first class
On top of that,this is just the beginning.They are going after the top kids without the hat in hand attitude. I like these guys. The proof will begin in the spring practice regimen. Lets see how different this group is compared to the drone's approach. Energy inspires energy.A younger aggressive staff wanting to prove something fast in the ACC should be mre than interesting. It should also be interesting to see how the press is treated. By press I mean the paper and the teams on the pay sites.

EDIT: and yes, Bees, I would still say this same thing if we had a Top 25 "ranked" class. ;)
Marrone never believed in "rankings so in his mind if he searched hard enough he could find equal or superior talent that was ignored by the experts.+He was way beyond egotistical in that respect. You take the high star kid ,Ill take the coach up kind and beat you with him.The man would stake a claim on a field of iron pyrite.And then brag about it. Good luck in Buffalo.

Something tells me you're not an English major.

Apart from spelling, it is a tad early to be rating this class. We have the possibility of late additions (Fresno City juco safeties; the weekend visitors who have yet to decide) that will make a big difference.

But get ready to trot out all the usual arguments (hidden gems, white chips often better than blue chips, ratings aren't rocket science, our staff has a special talent, our two stars are better than their two stars) in case the ratings aren't what we'd like.

the first thing the sites need to do is actually rank all the kids. another problem is some rank kids based on positions they wont be playing in college.

Ranking AFTER four years may be a testament of quality coaching which once again tilts the showing. The schools whoare consistently ranked high in the results of their LOI day are the schools in the toptier of Div1 football. It isn't rocket surgery.:p

Apart from spelling, it is a tad early to be rating this class. We have the possibility of late additions (Fresno City juco safeties; the weekend visitors who have yet to decide) that will make a big difference.

But get ready to trot out all the usual arguments (hidden gems, white chips often better than blue chips, ratings aren't rocket science, our staff has a special talent, our two stars are better than their two stars) in case the ratings aren't what we'd like.

The ratings will stink like they usually do but if we close with the four left on the board it will be a nice class. The class offer sheets are pretty decent, the accolades, the films, the size, the needs etc. if we close with the four its a good class.

sorry all this was from scouts.com as for english major naaaaa was eithier sleeping in class or at the bar for beer and burger..

The ratings will stink like they usually do but if we close with the four left on the board it will be a nice class. The class offer sheets are pretty decent, the accolades, the films, the size, the needs etc. if we close with the four its a good class.

the rankings track pretty well with our success.

Bees,

Not sure I understand your post. Do you mean that you feel SU is the 72nd best BCS school? Please explain...

Bees,

Not sure I understand your post. Do you mean that you feel SU is the 72nd best BCS school? Please explain...

Recent history. We've has classes in the 50's or there abouts, and that's about what we have been on average. We don't get top 25 classes and play top 80 nor do we get classes in the 80's and finish top 25. That's looking over a 3-4 year period of Marrone but its not an exact science.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

sorry all this was from scouts.com as for english major naaaaa was eithier sleeping in class or at the bar for beer and burger..

choices and consequences...choices and consequences

I may be wrong, but aren't the rankings usually based on total stars/rating points/etc.? Such that schools that sign the full 25 player limit will have an innate advantage? If we have a class of 20 with an average of 3 stars, we'd be giving up 15 points to a similiar school that signed 25, probably more vs. schools that oversign (not sure how that's tracked). Then you have January enrollees that may or may not be included in the recruiting class. I'd guess the prior years rankings would be adjusted for players that end up counting against that limit, but no one looks back at that after signing day anyway. Same with changes for players that never make it to campus.

The rankings are a nice discussion point for comparison between schools with the same number of recruits, but otherwise you are comparing apples and oranges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom