997 | Syracusefan.com

RF2044

Living Legend
One of the things I've been paying attention to all season is Jim Boeheim's career win total [damn you, NCAA].

With 997 "official" wins, he needs 3 more to get back to the 1,000 mark, given how the NCAA robbed him of more than 100 wins due to NCAA penalties.

We have three games remaining in the regular season, and are guaranteed at least one more in the ACCT:

--Duke at home
--At UNC
--Miami at home
--ACCT game

What do people expect from the three remaining games?

I was hoping JB would get to 1,000 this year, but that seems a lot less likely than it did a few weeks ago. I'm also hoping that he can keep the team above .500, which also seems in jeopardy.

One of the things I've been paying attention to all season is Jim Boeheim's career win total [damn you, NCAA].

With 997 "official" wins, he needs 3 more to get back to the 1,000 mark, given how the NCAA robbed him of more than 100 wins due to NCAA penalties.

We have three games remaining in the regular season, and are guaranteed at least one more in the ACCT:

--Duke at home
--At UNC
--Miami at home
--ACCT game

I was hoping JB would get to 1,000 this year, but that seems a lot less likely than it did a few weeks ago. I'm also hoping that he can keep the team above .500, which also seems in jeopardy.
We need to get to the NIT.

--Duke at home
--At UNC
--Miami at home
--ACCT game

Duke would wildly surprise me if we won. Honestly, if we even keep it close it will surprise me. They are just a terrible matchup for us.

Maybe UNC. I think we get Miami.

If we need to get to 1,000 and we're on Duke's side of the bracket, probably going to be tough.

Ending the year against the top 4 in the conference isn't ideal.

Anything 997 thru 999 wouldn't surprise me. 1,000 this year would surprise me. And make me wonder if he drops the mic at the end.

Ending the year against the top 4 in the conference isn't ideal.

Anything 997 thru 999 wouldn't surprise me. 1,000 this year would surprise me. And make me wonder if he drops the mic at the end.
Its already been said he told recruits he's coaching next year. Honestly would stun me if he wasn't back at this point.

unless Duke just phone's it in, I expect a beatdown on Saturday. Depending on how amped the kids are for Duke, I could easily see a lack of focus/energy for UNC. Miami and our first round ACCT opponent are beatable. I'd say 2-3 to close, barely above .500 and an NIT berth.

unless Duke just phone's it in, I expect a beatdown on Saturday. Depending on how amped the kids are for Duke, I could easily see a lack of focus/energy for UNC. Miami and our first round ACCT opponent are beatable. I'd say 2-3 to close, barely above .500 and an NIT berth.
Isn’t Duke it in the Dome?

The formula is claw out one more regular season win, win our first ACCT matchup, win our first NIT game.

NIT would be especially nice if we can be the host site.

Boom, back to 1,000 wins.
I wouldn't say the NIT atmosphere in the dome is something the players would get excited about.

Its already been said he told recruits he's coaching next year. Honestly would stun me if he wasn't back at this point.
I think he hangs it up after next season. Probably a lot of others feel that way as well, although I am sure some would have liked to have seen this as his last season. Not sure if they announce a succession plan or not. I think Wildhack would want to leave his options open. Lots of inquiring minds want to know.

Maybe it's me, but I'm sure they'll restore all his wins at some point, so getting to 1,000 in the "official" count doesn't interest me much at all. Honestly, I don't really care about his over .500 streak either. I guess I'm just a big ball of 'meh' these days. Shrug.

I mentioned this weeks ago that it would be such an SU thing if we are 15-16 going into the ACCT and then finally make a run and get to the Final. Then when we all start believing that we have a chance at a trophy and making the NCAAT, we get our butts kicked in. So 18-17 and maybe an NIT.

Maybe it's me, but I'm sure they'll restore all his wins at some point, so getting to 1,000 in the "official" count doesn't interest me much at all. Honestly, I don't really care about his over .500 streak either. I guess I'm just a big ball of 'meh' these days. Shrug.
I think he cares about 1,000 and he's not making the best decisions because of it, and it'll be nice to just clear that hurdle and see what happens.

I think he cares about 1,000 and he's not making the best decisions because of it, and it'll be nice to just clear that hurdle and see what happens.
It would make me very sad if JB truly cares about getting to "1,000" wins, again.

But then again, I never thought he'd still be coaching in 2022, so clearly my assessment of him has been way off.

It would make me very sad if JB truly cares about getting to "1,000" wins, again.

But then again, I never thought he'd still be coaching in 2022, so clearly my assessment of him has been way off.

I think it "matters" to him, because there is no guarantee that the NCAA will ever restore his wins. I think it is logical to expect that this will be the eventual outcome... but when has the NCAA ever behaved logically in lieu of being capricious and arbitrary?

Right, wrong, or indifferent, it's a big milestone. Would suck if he hung 'em up after this season falling just short.

But I agree in principle with what you and orange79 are selling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom