A few first hand summer observations of the Syracuse basketball Orangepeoples | Syracusefan.com

A few first hand summer observations of the Syracuse basketball Orangepeoples

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Had an opportunity to watch some live summer scrimmaging today for a few minutes and here are my observations.

-All the new guys: Swider, jimmy, symir, and Benny all participated today

-Buddy will be an All American this year. Mark it down. Best player on the court today, and he'll be America's sweetheart by year end. Couldn't have been a nicer kid to my children and what's not to like about him. He'll end up being a Syracuse legend if he isn't already.

-Anyone who makes another Joe Girard fat joke can go pound sand. He looked skinny and light on his feet today. Covid no doubt messed with him and really hurt his growth this year. I expect a big leap from him in his Jr year.

-Benny looked solid today. Don't put Carmelo expectations on him but he most certainly belonged with everyone on the floor. I'll add that he was incredibly nice and introduced himself and seems to be a great kid.

-Don't count out Jimmy Jr. He'll win us a game or two this year doing something important. I see him as a glue guy type of player. The Marek comparisons are quite accurate.

-Frank A not only played but was very engaged. I hope to see a big leap for him this year and he'll get playing time.

-Swider can shoot. He'll help keep double teams off of Buddy.

-Didnt see anything "memorable" out of Symir but he no doubt has great chemistry with Buddy and Joe, that alone will be an improvement over last year. He'll be a serviceable 3rd guard. Josh Wright level talent comes to mind with him. Don't expect the world but he'll be a serviceable backup.

-I can't possibly emphasize enough how good the chemistry was with the team and how incredibly nice the team seems. They all seem like great guys and very easy to root for. I for one can not wait for November.

-Anyone who makes another Joe Girard fat joke can go pound sand.
tenor.gif

Awesome stuff and so glad you guys got to do that!!

Really great on Joe. If he makes a jump that is a big deal. The chemistry aspect, trust and knowing your teammates and where they will be is such a huge deal. Can't wait all the same.

Had an opportunity to watch some live summer scrimmaging today for a few minutes and here are my observations.

-Buddy will be an All American this year. Mark it down. Best player on the court today, and he'll be America's sweetheart by year end. Couldn't have been a nicer kid to my children and what's not to like about him. He'll end up being a Syracuse legend if he isn't already.

-Anyone who makes another Joe Girard fat joke can go pound sand. He looked skinny and light on his feet today. Covid no doubt messed with him and really hurt his growth this year. I expect a big leap from him in his Jr year.

-Benny looked solid today. Don't put Carmelo expectations on him but he most certainly belonged with everyone on the floor. I'll add that he was incredibly nice and introduced himself and seems to be a great kid.

-Don't count out Jimmy Jr. He'll win us a game or two this year doing something important. I see him as a glue guy type of player. The Marek comparisons are quite accurate.

-Frank A not only played but was very engaged. I hope to see a big leap for him this year and he'll get playing time.

-Didnt see anything "memorable" out of Symir but he no doubt has great chemistry with Buddy and Joe, that alone will be an improvement over last year. He'll be a serviceable 3rd guard. Josh Wright level talent comes to mind with him. Don't expect the world but he'll be a serviceable backup.

-I can't possibly emphasize enough how good the chemistry was with the team and how incredibly nice the team seems. They all seem like great guys and very easy to root for. I for one can not wait for November.
Thank you, love hearing the bits and pieces. I expect the same from Joe. Covid is an ass kicker to your endurance, I know. Even though my endurance isn't that much to begin with.

Nice report.

Glad you and your kids got into the Melo Center and even happier that you were given a chance to watch the team scrimmage a bit. Awesome.

Thanks for the insight. There is nothing better than early season practice reports, and those were high quality!

Can you do us a favor and check in on Edwards progress in the Netherlands? He's a really important piece to the puzzle. If you leave now we can have our report by the weekend.

Thanks for the insight. There is nothing better than early season practice reports, and those were high quality!

Can you do us a favor and check in on Edwards progress in the Netherlands? He's a really important piece to the puzzle. If you leave now we can have our report by the weekend.
Who is our foreign correspondent covering the Netherlands for the board this summer? Let's get that person on this ASAP.

There has to be at least a couple of people on the board based close to Jesse that can do this for us.

A video or at least a couple of nice stills would also be appreciated.

netherlands-flag.jpg

Any truth that Buddy was only offered a schollie because his mom was sleeping with the HOFHC? I guess that is working out pretty well.

Who is our foreign correspondent covering the Netherlands for the board this summer? Let's get that person on this ASAP.

There has to be at least a couple of people on the board based close to Jesse that can do this for us.

A video or at least a couple of nice stills would also be appreciated.

netherlands-flag.jpg

Who do we know posted at USAG Schinnen Army Base in Schinnen, Netherlands? It's got to be right around the corner, since the Netherlands is only 1.5 hours driving from end to end.

Thanks for the invite.

Great post.

Thanks for sharing

I can’t believe it’s 10 years since the last football practice I went to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom