A few recruiting nuggets | Syracusefan.com

A few recruiting nuggets

Is there any sense of when Ennis will make his decision?

Gbinije, wow types of highlights. Kid looked silky smooth inside & out. Showed a little bit of seeing the floor in transition & also the ability to take contact & finish. He would be a great get.

Thanks for the update Francis, and from what I've seen of wainwright he seems like a similar player to gbinjie, would he fit in better as a sg or sf here?

Is there any sense of when Ennis will make his decision?
Nope, but SU is sitting in a good position right now. We'll see how it plays out moving along.

Thanks for the update Francis, and from what I've seen of wainwright he seems like a similar player to gbinjie, would he fit in better as a sg or sf here?
I think Wainright is an interesting player. He's kind of similar to Paul Harris in that do-it-all mode. He's not really a SG because his range isn't that great, but he might not be tall enough as a wing for the SU zone. What makes him intriguing is that he's very strong, can handle the rock like a point, and just find ways to get things done. I can't wait to get some official measurements on some of these guys lol.

Hey Francis...great work as always, man. How do YOU like Ennis? Is his athleticism pretty deceptive since he is a pretty smooth player and in control it seems?

Wow, this Gbinjie looks like he would be great at the 2. He can handle the ball pretty well too. What happened to him at Duke? That ball hog Rivers arriving as well?

Wow, this Gbinjie looks like he would be great at the 2. He can handle the ball pretty well too. What happened to him at Duke? That ball hog Rivers arriving as well?

Gbinjie didn't get but 5.8 minutes a game, but while he was in the game he shot very well. He shot 55% from the field; 40% from 3-pt range and was also 7 for 7 from the FT line on the year. IMO he would do great in Syracuse's system. Lets hope Coach K doesn't put the block on SU. In everything I am reading we have a great chance if K doesn't block.

mg's minutes distribution likely points to his role as much more of a guard than a forward. duke was not as deep at forward( plumlees, kelly) but they were guard heavy with rivers,curry,dawkins, thornton, cook. mg probably would have been a good rs candidate much like cooney for us. it would be a great get and a kid who is much better than his freshmen numbers. most important of all is that he is a guy who seems to relish contact which is a recurring theme with our guards and a successful one at that.

I've heard mixed things about Iverson; he refuses to play D or rebound and is very me-first at this point; but on the other hand you gotta love the upside of a 6'8 F who can handle the rock like a G and score. I would think if he came here he could very well get PT at the 2 depending on who's around, which would be amazing.

Thoughts Francis?

Francis, my question to you. I was impressed with that tape. You indicate that he is a guard and he does appear to have great size and skills for that position. However, Cooney would be just one year ahead of him and they play the same position. Do you think they are looking at him as a SF candidate?

Gbinjie is the tallest guy on the court for that entire highlight video it appears. Great size at 6'6 for a college 2G. Him at MCW at the top of the zone spells trouble for the opposing offense.

What's the word on Gbinije's ballhandling now? Scout had that listed as a weakness, which makes me wonder just how effective he'd really be as a 2G. Speaking of Scout, his pic on there makes him look a bit like Blackwell.

I seriously thought I was the only one who was wondering what was up with D. Notice.

It felt somewhat as if he disappeared off the planet.

Not sure if Jimmy B. offers another 6' 6" swingman if Duke transfer, Gbinije, comes our way... but glad to know 'Cuse will get ample opportunity to evaluate him while he teams with Ennis.

Gbinjie didn't get but 5.8 minutes a game, but while he was in the game he shot very well. He shot 55% from the field; 40% from 3-pt range and was also 7 for 7 from the FT line on the year. IMO he would do great in Syracuse's system. Lets hope Coach K doesn't put the block on SU. In everything I am reading we have a great chance if K doesn't block.
It's difficult to believe that Coach K is going to block. He and JB know each other very well. I don't think JB would be wasting his time recruiting Gbinjie if he thought that K would block him from coming to Syracuse.

I really want Gbinjie after that tape. Looks like a monster in transition, good size for the zone, and can shoot better than I thought.

I really want Gbinjie after that tape. Looks like a monster in transition, good size for the zone, and can shoot better than I thought.
I agree BK. I was drooling over the highlights. Kid is very smoothe. I really like he has that pull up, fadeaway mid range jumper. That is something Dion had this year that was a really big asset. Its also something I hope MCW can develop to keep defenses honest once he steps into the lane. I also hope Triche continues to become a force getting into the lane with that pull up jumper. Its uncanny how many of those he makes as that is such a tough shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom