A Heartfelt Goodbye from Niko Tamurian | Syracusefan.com

A Heartfelt Goodbye from Niko Tamurian

CNYCentralCuse

Walk On
Hi Everyone-

Longtime Reader, first time (in a while) poster. It was tough to come on here for so long, even for the great conversation, after Orangeyes passed. He's someone I'll carry in my heart forever. I still miss him every day and think about him every time I see "44" somewhere or hear the Express train whistle.

It's Niko Tamurian and I couldn't let my last few days on the air in Syracuse go by without thanking and saying goodbye to all of you!

To set the conversation straight:

Farah and I both have outstanding opportunities ahead in Seattle. Hers is of course public knowledge, mine isn't yet. TV stuff has unique contracts and such that I can't publicly talk specifically about what's next for me just yet but you can bet on two things:

1. It's obviously an incredibly exciting position ahead for me if I'm leaving my hometown along with the programs and teams that I love to cover to take it.
2. Orange XTreme will be all over it as soon as it's public. :)

Trust me on both of those fronts.

It goes without saying though, there's a huge heartbreak as well. Syracuse is everything to me. I've lived here all 36 years of my life. I've cried happy and sad tears in my life based on what happens with the Orange. To be able to get to know the Orange coaches so well was a dream come true for me, growing up they were larger than life and with this job they became friends. I will miss it here terribly.

One of my first "woah!" moments in the job was when one of MY stories made it here on the board, or the "hot sheets" as my brother and I used to call it (line from the Men in Black movie). This forum has been so fun for me over the years and I cannot thank you enough for your unwavering support.

What a thrill it was for me to talk SU Sports with fans everywhere. At Wegman's, the golf course even during root canals. I'm a fan of these teams just like you all, I was just blessed that I got paid to talk about the Orange. The last 15! years have been simply the best of my life.

As gut-wrenching as it is, our move was more out of necessity than opportunity. The reality is, Farah and I have a baby on the way and so many of you know how that changes things.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I felt compelled to write to you all before anyone else. I hope you'll understand further when I'm able to say more. Brian, Tomcat, Carlos Texan Mark and too many of you to fully list I will consider lifelong friends. If 'Cuse plays at Washington, I'm sure Mark will get the tailgate ready!

Thank you for letting a hometown Orange fan deliver the stories that matter on our teams for more almost half of my life! You never know what the future brings but I know that I'll always love my time at CNY Central. I'll always be thankful for all of you.

Niko.

Niko, wishing you and Farah the best of luck in your new opportunities in Seattle. Central New York's loss will be Seattle's big gain. I have known you a long time and it has been an absolute pleasure watching you grow in to a polished professional, loving husband and soon to be proud loving parent. My mom is losing a terrific neighbor. God bless the Tamurian's always. Orange Forever!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone-

Longtime Reader, first time (in a while) poster. It was tough to come on here for so long, even for the great conversation, after Orangeyes passed. He's someone I'll carry in my heart forever. I still miss him every day and think about him every time I see "44" somewhere or hear the Express train whistle.

It's Niko Tamurian and I couldn't let my last few days on the air in Syracuse go by without thanking and saying goodbye to all of you!

Farah and I both have outstanding opportunities ahead in Seattle. Hers is of course public knowledge, mine isn't yet. TV stuff has unique contracts and such that I can't publicly talk specifically about what's next for me just yet but you can bet on two things:

1. It's obviously an incredibly exciting position ahead for me if I'm leaving my hometown along with the programs and teams that I love to cover to take it.

It goes without saying though, there's a huge heartbreak as well. Syracuse is everything to me. I've lived here all 36 years of my life. I've cried happy and sad tears in my life based on what happens with the Orange. To be able to get to know the Orange coaches so well was a dream come true for me, growing up they were larger than life and with this job they became friends. I will miss it here terribly.

One of my first "woah!" moments in the job was when one of MY stories made it here on the board, or the "hot sheets" as my brother and I used to call it (line from the Men in Black movie). This forum has been so fun for me over the years and I cannot thank you enough for your unwavering support.

What a thrill it was for me to talk SU Sports with fans everywhere. At Wegman's, the golf course even during root canals. I'm a fan of these teams just like you all, I was just blessed that I got paid to talk about the Orange. The last 15! years have been simply the best of my life.

As gut-wrenching as it is, our move was more out of necessity than opportunity. The reality is, Farah and I have a baby on the way and so many of you know how that changes things.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I felt compelled to write to you all before anyone else. I hope you'll understand further when I'm able to say more. Brian, Tomcat, Carlos Texan Mark and too many of you to fully list I will consider lifelong friends. If 'Cuse plays at Washington, I'm sure Mark will get the tailgate ready!

Thank you for letting a hometown Orange fan deliver the stories that matter on our teams for more almost half of my life! You never know what the future brings but I know that I'll always love my time at CNY Central. I'll always be thankful for all of you.

Niko.

Sorry to see you go Niko, wish you could have been around for one last Football and Tailgate season but with most jobs the timing is unfortunately out of our hands.

Hope when you make it back in town during fball season you will stop by one of the tailgates and get a chance to enjoy the "full" experience save for those long TexanMark stories that we all hope to avoid. We will certainly miss seeing you and the crew on Fri night games. All the best to you guys and of course the dogs!

Hi Everyone-

Niko.

You’re one of the good ones Niko. You’ll be greatly missed. From one ESM Spartan to another….good luck to you and your wife in your future endeavors.

Hi Everyone-

Niko.
Very happy to see two great people move up in the world. Gonna miss you a lot Niko but I hope you and Farah kill it in the PNW (is that what you call it?). You guys are always welcome to the Fine Mess tailgate if you happen to visit during a football weekend.

Good luck in Seattle! I know Dan would be bursting with joy and pride for you if he were here as well.

Hi Everyone-

Niko.
Best of luck niko

Hi Everyone-

Niko.
Good luck in the Great Northwest Niko! We have enjoyed your work and your wonderful enthusiasm over the years!

Best wishes to you and Farah in Seattle. I hope that you come back for The Basket Ball next April!

Niko, you are one of the few people in the world I can say this about...I've never met you but I like you. I'm a fellow ESM alumn so I suppose it starts there. But you have a unique style as a reporter whereas you don't need to be negative or overly critical and can still accurately give an account of what happened on the field. Your style is infectious and I can see why the coaches of all the teams at the Cuse would choose you as the guy they would most like to speak with ( or at least not mind as much). I am as miserable a human being as there is after an Orange loss and, for whatever reason, I have recovered quicker after listening to your comments post game.

Keep that.

Best of luck to you, your wife and your family and remember..... You'll always be Orange!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom