A little inside info | Syracusefan.com

A little inside info

kcsu

Living Legend
Well you never know who you are going to sit to on a flight and today i had a chance to sit next to someone very in the know about the Orange football team.

First time meeting this person but very impressed. Spoke openly about lots of things. Coaches, QB battle, Lamson, basically every coach and player on the team who contributes.

Here a couple of tidbits some we know some maybe not.

Bleich is looking good and is expected to be a full go according to himself.
Lamson left because he didn't like the way things were going after the spring. Felt he deserved a shot at starting this year he did miss home but it was more about Playing time.
Carlos and Lamson are two completely different QBs. Lamson more controlled Carlos more freewheeling and athletic. Both have excellent arms and they got along well, and the team likes both of them so no locker room stuff at all.
The Frosh Perry is a Freak a specimen who I was told if he can harness it NFL raw talent.
DLine is the best in year. Deep and very talented
New punter is off the chart. Said that every so often during practice he will hit a ball and it sounds like a shot going off. Huge leg
The wr jones is looking very good. They expect big things from him. Pena as well as I guess he has upped his game.
No more Rhino ball. That look is done with.
Beck is very different from Dr Bob. More laid back not as gruff the kids like him. Nothing on Long
Farmer is the bomb according to this person. Super knowledgeable and has a way of simplifying everything so he seems to be an upgrade.
They all miss the kids that left for Ohio State and LSU
Allen is the real deal. I guess in practice he really shines.
Best all-around athletes are Justin B, the Frosh D kid and Alford who I understand is a crazy good bball player.
Green lakes is the spot for the team in the summer.
The kids all really like this staff and they especially like and respect Dino.

They are expecting a very good year. talked about the Army game being one the D is focused on and they want Clemson very badly.

Great conversation.

Clemson at home.

Payback would be sweet.

Thanks for passing this info along.
F them and their home cooking. Need that W so badly.

ya know I was all checked out after that rough ride there a month or so back. Now I’m as fired up as ever !

Well you never know who you are going to sit to on a flight and today i had a chance to sit next to someone very in the know about the Orange football team.

First time meeting this person but very impressed. Spoke openly about lots of things. Coaches, QB battle, Lamson, basically every coach and player on the team who contributes.

Here a couple of tidbits some we know some maybe not.

Bleich is looking good and is expected to be a full go according to himself.
Lamson left because he didn't like the way things were going after the spring. Felt he deserved a shot at starting this year he did miss home but it was more about Playing time.
Carlos and Lamson are two completely different QBs. Lamson more controlled Carlos more freewheeling and athletic. Both have excellent arms and they got along well, and the team likes both of them so no locker room stuff at all.
The Frosh Perry is a Freak a specimen who I was told if he can harness it NFL raw talent.
DLine is the best in year. Deep and very talented
New punter is off the chart. Said that every so often during practice he will hit a ball and it sounds like a shot going off. Huge leg
The wr jones is looking very good. They expect big things from him. Pena as well as I guess he has upped his game.
No more Rhino ball. That look is done with.
Beck is very different from Dr Bob. More laid back not as gruff the kids like him. Nothing on Long
Farmer is the bomb according to this person. Super knowledgeable and has a way of simplifying everything so he seems to be an upgrade.
They all miss the kids that left for Ohio State and LSU
Allen is the real deal. I guess in practice he really shines.
Best all-around athletes are Justin B, the Frosh D kid and Alford who I understand is a crazy good bball player.
Green lakes is the spot for the team in the summer.
The kids all really like this staff and they especially like and respect Dino.

They are expecting a very good year. talked about the Army game being one the D is focused on and they want Clemson very badly.

Great conversation.
Thanks for the information...much appreciated!

I always love pre-season optimism.
This optimism was provided by about as good a source as you can get. He did state that the key is keeping healthy. Talked about how beat up the team was for the second half of the season. Confirmed that Tucker was week to week and that so many guys were playing banged up. Said it was as bad as he had seen it. I asked about the nutrition stuff and overall conditioning and health staff, and he said top notch. basically, said it was a lot of bad luck. He did say that there is a bigger emphasis on warming up and stretching both pre and also post workouts. Really great conversation i learned a lot about the team and coaches and again the one thing i heard was that this person felt this was the best staff in a very long time.

Disappointed about the Lamson stuff. It's unrealistic for a guy to think he can unseat a starter who is a known leader and playmaker with more experience in the current system, unless he's Sunshine caliber. This was the perfect year for him to learn and then step into the starting role next year. Oh well. Good luck to him.

This optimism was provided by about as good a source as you can get. He did state that the key is keeping healthy. Talked about how beat up the team was for the second half of the season. Confirmed that Tucker was week to week and that so many guys were playing banged up. Said it was as bad as he had seen it. I asked about the nutrition stuff and overall conditioning and health staff, and he said top notch. basically, said it was a lot of bad luck. He did say that there is a bigger emphasis on warming up and stretching both pre and also post workouts. Really great conversation i learned a lot about the team and coaches and again the one thing i heard was that this person felt this was the best staff in a very long time.
looking forward to Perry playing.

Disappointed about the Lamson stuff. It's unrealistic for a guy to think he can unseat a starter who is a known leader and playmaker with more experience in the current system, unless he's Sunshine caliber. This was the perfect year for him to learn and then step into the starting role next year. Oh well. Good luck to him.
Good stuff. A former SU player told me the same thing about the reason for Lamson hitting the portal.

Similar to the Lamson comments, since I am a glutton for punishment, would be curious on how much the staff feels the program lost with Sellers flipping….lol I probably don’t want to know the answer to that question.

Not to mention he just missed an entire season with an ACL injury. The entire situation called for patience, and given Shrader's style of play, there likely would have been snaps available.

As you said, oh well.

Agreed. I was a little shocked by it. I didn't question it as I didn't want to offend the person, but he was adamant that was the primary reason he left. Not NIL Not homesick simply that he didn't feel he had a chance to start this fall

Thanks kcsu!

Fantastic news about Bleich. if he can be ready to go to start the season and with the addition of Reed I feel pretty good about the IOL. Also seems like Ellis is in better shape and I think that area of the OL will be an upgrade. We'll be a bit weaker at Tackles losing Bergeron but I think Cruz just needs another game or two and he can develop and be fairly solid. If he's solid then RT is the only spot where i'm unsure what were going to get. But if that is our only semi weak spot then Shrader can see that coming and avoid it more easily if were good at the other spots. If we can be adequate at RT then the offense should be solid this year.

I expect good things from Jones at WR as well. I'm betting he'll be number 2 in WR production.

DL should be very deep for sure. I completely expect Perry to be a beast and NFL player. We have so much depth on DL this year but with the loss of Geer I guess why wouldn't he play? He's completely ready physically to dominate. You have to play him while you have him on the roster.

Would be a great upgrade to have a solid punter.

CB is the position group we are thinnest on numbers and experience. With the solid DL and LB groups I think they can create Havoc with Long's orchestration and not have the CB's covering too long. But hopefully Travis Fisher is getting the young CB's coached up and ready to hold their own.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom