A potential Jim Boeheim jacket toss is officially off the table this season | Syracusefan.com

A potential Jim Boeheim jacket toss is officially off the table this season

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Jim Boeheim will not wear a suit this season to coach his Syracuse basketball team. ACC coaches, he said, voted unanimously to continue wearing casual coaching attire on the college basketball sidelines.

Jim Boeheim will not wear a suit this season to coach his Syracuse basketball team. ACC coaches, he said, voted unanimously to continue wearing casual coaching attire on the college basketball sidelines.
I know this is a minority opinion, but I’m totally with Juli Boeheim on this. I’m not a fan of the casual sweatsuit and sneakers wardrobe for game day. Those outfits make the coaches look so dumpy and unprofessional. It’s fine for practice, but for game day, they could stand to look sharper and more professional. They’re paid an obscene amount of money to coach. The least they could do is look the part.

I know this is a minority opinion, but I’m totally with Juli Boeheim on this. I’m not a fan of the casual sweatsuit and sneakers wardrobe for game day. Those outfits make the coaches look so dumpy and unprofessional. It’s fine for practice, but for game day, they could stand to look sharper and more professional. They’re paid an obscene amount of money to coach. The least they could do is look the part.
I think they should wear uniforms like baseball coaches

I think they should wear uniforms like baseball coaches

New York Yankees What GIF by MLB

I don’t have a strong opinion either way. I feel like the shirt, jacket, and tie might be a tad much, but I’m not a fan of the sweatsuits either. How about something in the middle like a polo and khaki pants ? More casual and comfortable, yet not as cumbersome as the whole dress suit. Similar to what coaches wear, for example, in the Maui Invitational (correct me if I’m wrong there ).

A positive from Covid mayhaps? We are all lounge lizards now.

I'm all for the coaches wearing zip down pull-over shirts as long as the Nike Syracuse script version becomes available for sale to the public.