A question for people that know SU lacrosse | Syracusefan.com

A question for people that know SU lacrosse

Actionthrill

Walk On
With this monster recruiting class SU is bringing in do you think SU will immediately become a top 5 program. And what true freshman do you see getting on the field and making a difference.

Not top 5, but gets them back to a tournament team. Top five impact players this year should be (in order) spallina, figueiras, Thomson,, dwan and Trujillo. I also think mccool will be a very good goalie when the transfer Mack is done.

If you don’t mind what positions do those players play? And will we be able to play with and maybe beat some of the top teams in the country? Last question is SU about to become a juggernaut program for years to come? Meaning easy trips to the tournament and maybe some national championships.

spallina - position Athlete
figueiras - position Athlete
thomson - position Athlete
dwan - position Athlete
trujillo - position Athlete

In humor of course. Where they play will not be clear until they are actually playing games - that's sometime in mid Feb 2023.

Syracuse Lacrosse has always been able to compete and defeat the top ranked teams. 2023 should be no different.

Juggernaut ? Spot in the NCAA Tournament - expected. Final 4 - not expected.

it's possible they may catch unc in a down year and get them twice. the rest of the acc should be good. cornell should be good. p'ton should be good. umd should be good. it's not an easy schedule and they were 4 and 10 last year.

they may have as many as 9 new starters from '22 not including the rope unit and faceoff. any kind of record is probably in play. only 1 acc made the tourney last year, so it's also possible they need their conference members to play better even if they show a lot of progress.

If you don’t mind what positions do those players play? And will we be able to play with and maybe beat some of the top teams in the country? Last question is SU about to become a juggernaut program for years to come? Meaning easy trips to the tournament and maybe some national championships.
attack, defense, attack or mid, defense and ssdm. based on the youth Syracuse will utilize this season there will be ups and downs. they will surprise some teams and mystify their fans at times. personally, I think easy trips to the tournament are gone for acc teams but hopefully we can get back to Memorial Day with this freshman group.

attack, defense, attack or mid, defense and ssdm. based on the youth Syracuse will utilize this season there will be ups and downs. they will surprise some teams and mystify their fans at times. personally, I think easy trips to the tournament are gone for acc teams but hopefully we can get back to Memorial Day with this freshman group.
How do we look for the future? Is it just this class and we have nothing to follow it up or are we looking at sustained good recruiting? Is coach Gait a really strong recruiter?

How do we look for the future? Is it just this class and we have nothing to follow it up or are we looking at sustained good recruiting? Is coach Gait a really strong recruiter?

SU loves March as a recruiter.

Coach Petro is a really strong recruiter.

A lot of your questions can be answered by puruising other threads on this board. There is a whole thread dedicated to toward recruiting and a thread specifically for the class of 2024 and 2023.

I am very optimistic about this class. I am most excited to see a healthy Owen Hiltz suit up in the spring.
I'm really excited to watch Hiltz to. I think he's gonna be a scoring machine this yr. An attack line of Simmons, Spallina and Hiltz can be top notch. I'm also excited to see what Jackson B does this yr. He can be a big time scoring threat to. This team has the talent to compete this yr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom