A Quiet Place | Syracusefan.com

A Quiet Place

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Saw the movie last night.

Not that scary but one of the more tense & emotional horror flicks I've ever seen.

I'd describe it as more of a sci-fi drama than horror. Movie is about 90 minutes and there's a 45 minute stretch that is about as "edge of your seat" as it gets, culminating in a scene that left half the theater in tears.

If you just want to see a scary movie. It's a 6/10. However if you're looking for quality... 9/10.

Saw it on Saturday. My son (13) was insisting he was old enough for scary movies. He spent half of it watching over his knees. To his credit he slept through the night.

For me it was fantastic. It hit home as a dad a lot like The Road did. I also love this sort of non-gore, horror that keeps you on the edge without trying to gross you out and revolt you.

All in all I would give it a 9/10.

it was really well done.. not sure what the family next to me was thinking bringing a 4 yr old though.

I grew up the town next to Little Falls where a portion of the movie was shot. Pretty awesome that this happened right in the Mohawk Valley.

Jim Halpert in a thriller? All in.
Why not? Dwight Shrute was in one (well horror flick anyway)
House_of_1000_Corpses_poster.JPG

Saw it as well. Really liked it. So weird being in a theater with no sound, not in the movie (for many parts of it) or in the theater (from those watching).

I didn't know til I saw online later that the actress who plays the daughter is actually deaf in real life.

The nail scene...ugh.