A referee finally had the balls to call the leg kick... | Syracusefan.com

A referee finally had the balls to call the leg kick...

Jake

Mod
The concept of a player trying to draw a foul with a leg kick is so outside the frame of the game that I’m surprised it’s taken so long for officials to start calling it.

It’s actually unsportsmanlike conduct.

Love the call. Would hate if any of our players tried to pull the same crap. It’s really an indication that the player has no confidence in his ability to shoot, that he would sacrifice form and balance just to draw a call.

It should have been called at least twice, maybe three times. They missed the leg kick earlier and gave Pitt three points they didn’t deserve. Made up for it with the second call. I think a Pitt player extended his leg on a corner three as well.

JB should send the league the game tape and tell officials to watch Pitt players going forward.

Jeff Capel in his press conference claimed to have no idea why the offensive foul was called and said he was given no explanation for the call. Really? Capel also went on and on how Pitt hasn’t gotten to the foul line their past 4 ACC games like the previous 4 games implying the refs are hurting them. He also said he called The ACC for an explanation but I couldn’t tell if he was questioning the offensive foul call (leg) or the lack of free throws lately. Said ACC had no answer. I guess he’s used to Duke refereeing.

I was utterly shocked that it was called, but it’s 100% the right call. I was shocked because I don’t think I’ve ever seen it called in the college game before.

And it’s such a dirty basketball play. Bruce Bowen was the worst. I think Kobe had a serious ankle injury once after Bowen did that to him and Kobe came down on Bowen’s foot.

Glad Howard wasn’t hurt because he landed right on the guy’s foot.

The concept of a player trying to draw a foul with a leg kick is so outside the frame of the game that I’m surprised it’s taken so long for officials to start calling it.

It’s actually unsportsmanlike conduct.

JB should send the league the game tape and tell officials to watch Pitt players going forward.

I agree with the unsportsmanlike conduct. I dont know if I agree with alerting officials about Pitt, because I'd like them to win as many games as possible to make our sweep more valuable in the metrics. ;)

All the talk of leg antics today reminded me of this guy:

sweep-the-leg-grayson-%F0%9F%98%A9%F0%9F%98%A9%F0%9F%98%82%F0%9F%98%82%F0%9F%98%82-its-still-dukenation-tho-%F0%9F%92%AA%F0%9F%8F%BE-9774306.png

I was utterly shocked that it was called, but it’s 100% the right call. I was shocked because I don’t think I’ve ever seen it called in the college game before.

And it’s such a dirty basketball play. Bruce Bowen was the worst. I think Kobe had a serious ankle injury once after Bowen did that to him and Kobe came down on Bowen’s foot.

Goes around comes around, Kobe used to do that s.hit all the time

Jeff Capel in his press conference claimed to have no idea why the offensive foul was called and said he was given no explanation for the call. Really? Capel also went on and on how Pitt hasn’t gotten to the foul line their past 4 ACC games like the previous 4 games implying the refs are hurting them. He also said he called The ACC for an explanation but I couldn’t tell if he was questioning the offensive foul call (leg) or the lack of free throws lately. Said ACC had no answer. I guess he’s used to Duke refereeing.

I read that too and it infuriated me. Hopefully they keep calling it on him and Jeff keeps playing dumb instead of actually coaching his team to do the right thing.

Here’s a screen shot of McGowan’s three that was called a foul on OB.

Such a dirty play. The leg out before he lands.
Surprisingly, the color guy pointed out that the shooter caused the contact on Oshae's play too. Glad the ref got one of them right, at least.

No class at Pitt...they play thug ball and hope the refs swallow the whistles. Capel is a POS for coaching that .

I was also utterly shocked that the announcers recognized it as the right call.

The announcers started to go there on the earlier foul called just after the half on Oshae. I thought it was actually more eggregious the first time. I like the call, but was absolutely shocked it was called in a situation where there was that little contact. I would have thought it would take a situation where the defender wasn't kicked in the head or there wasn't some other form of absolutely ridiculous contact for it to be called.

Would love to know how many other times it has been called this season?

I would also like to know the thought process on waving off the bucket? I thought the ball was out of his hands by the time the contact occurred. Do they still credit the hoop on a charge when the ball is released before contact or does that get waved off as well, I can't recall.

Here’s a screen shot of McGowan’s three that was called a foul on OB.

Such a dirty play. The leg out before he lands.

That was egregious for sure. At that point, it was 37-22 us, and Pitt struggling to score. That bogus foul on OB put McGowan to the line in which he made all 3. I believe, afterwards, Pitt went on a 9-0 or 11-0 run and got the game to be what it was the rest of the way.

No class at Pitt...they play thug ball and hope the refs swallow the whistles. Capel is a POS for coaching that .

Clear as day Capel is coaching that.. What a doosh.

He's perfect for them.

Capel is such a CRYBABY. "I've never seen that called in college." This is clear evidence that he's teaching it because he didn't think it would be called.

It's dirty, it's dangerous, and it's completely bush league.

Surprisingly, the color guy pointed out that the shooter caused the contact on Oshae's play too. Glad the ref got one of them right, at least.
He also speculated whether Boeheim pointed this out to the officials after the first call that went against SU.

Kobe used to do it all the time himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom