AAC CG / ACC Divisions | Syracusefan.com

AAC CG / ACC Divisions

HRE Otto IV

All American
Why is the AAC allowed a championship game this year? The rule was you needed to play everyone in your division or everyone in conference. If they can have one then why does the ACC need divisions?

Why is the AAC allowed a championship game this year? The rule was you needed to play everyone in your division or everyone in conference. If they can have one then why does the ACC need divisions?
There was a specific carve-out for the Big XII when they went below 12, and the rule was waived just for 2020 because of COVID. Conferences with 12 teams have to have divisions. Swofford got played. The ACC voted in favor of the carve-out for the Big XII figuring they'd vote in favor of 3-5-5, but they didn't.

There was a specific carve-out for the Big XII when they went below 12, and the rule was waived just for 2020 because of COVID. Conferences with 12 teams have to have divisions. Swofford got played. The ACC voted in favor of the carve-out for the Big XII figuring they'd vote in favor of 3-5-5, but they didn't.
But the B12 was required to play the entire conference round robin to keep the CCG. Why does the 11 team AAC get away with 8 conference games (not even 9) AND still get a CCG?

Cincy doesn't play Houston or Memphis regular season.

But the B12 was required to play the entire conference round robin to keep the CCG. Why does the 11 team AAC get away with 8 conference games (not even 9) AND still get a CCG?

I think it’s because they don’t have 12 teams in their conference

but I’m not 100% sure on that

Wasn't (dare I mention their name?) UConn in that conference? If so, they may be on a waiver because they left without warning, not giving the conference a chance to find a replacement..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom