Aaron Servais | Syracusefan.com

Aaron Servais

Great to hear!! That would allow the log jam in the middle of the line to play out a little better to hopefully get our 5 best lineman on the field at the same time. Still hoping Mike Clark turns into something formidable to bridge the gap before Q White.

Best player on the field last night. WHAT A BEAST! Needs to stay at tackle. Cleared the right side of the field by himself last night in the run game.

That's great to hear love this kids motor, frame, and approach . Physical and cerebral with great feet. Think he has a future on Sundays given all of his skills AND thw fact he has shown the willingness and ability to play all 5 positions on the Oline! Love it.

I think Servais was the first recruit Babers and his staff picked up when he first took over.

Mentioned before, that Servais was vastly under rated, coming in. Kid was balling in high school. I think he took the center role, last year, based on strength, and that Mcgloster/experience was available @ RT.

If you check the big guys the staff is bringing in for OLine, it's mostly based on feet. I think Servais is the most athletic of the bunch. 4.97 40, 4.61 shuttle. 350 bench, 500 squat, all in high school. Beast.

Heckel has feet, too. 5.1 40, 4.53 shuttle. Only a 285 bench, and 455 squat coming in. (he's since destroyed the strength #'s) Think that's why we saw him at guard, last year. Needed more strength to take on the C role. His improved strength #'s should let him take on ACC nose guards this year, and I think he excels here, until they can utilize his speed more, at guard. He's quick, too damn quick for center.

Dakota Davis. 4.68 Shuttle, 5.2 40. 300 bench, 435 squat coming in. Needed strength, but once again, his left/right speed is ideal for a guard. I expect to see him taking meaningful snaps.

While the staff may have a more difficult time bringing in 4, or 5 star Oline, they are bringing guys in, that are naturally quicker than their higher ranked classmates. It's a great strategy. These kids could be better. If nothing else, I think the line will compete.

Servais routinely posted low grades last year at the C position... He was out of position, and couldn't use his combo of strength/quickness.. I think he kills it at RT this year, LT next. Frankly, I think he may be the highest Cuse draft pick in many years...

Not sure why you say Servais was underrated coming in. He was rated the #10 prospect in the state of Wisconsin in 2015, #3 OT in a state known for producing linemen; had ideal size for the position. Heckel was rated the #2 OG in Wisconsin. Both were recruited to SU by Sean Lewis, who had played for Wisconsin and had developed the relationships while recruiting that state for BGSU.

Not sure why you say Servais was underrated coming in. He was rated the #10 prospect in the state of Wisconsin in 2015, #3 OT in a state known for producing linemen; had ideal size for the position. Heckel was rated the #2 OG in Wisconsin. Both were recruited to SU by Sean Lewis, who had played for Wisconsin and had developed the relationships while recruiting that state for BGSU.
I think Heckel committed to Shafer's staff.

Going forward, we should exclusively recruit our olinemen from Wisconsin. That is some very fertile oline territory.

In regards to his recruit grade. 82 composite, barely a 3 star on one. I thought he was better than that, from the get go. Those #'s are partially bunk, and I think he's going to prove it.

He is known as the Rhino-Servais after all.

In regards to his recruit grade. 82 composite, barely a 3 star on one. I thought he was better than that, from the get go. Those #'s are partially bunk, and I think he's going to prove it.
Wasn't Pugh a 2 star?

My bad...Airon Servais. It will be household name soon.

Mentioned before, that Servais was vastly under rated, coming in. Kid was balling in high school. I think he took the center role, last year, based on strength, and that Mcgloster/experience was available @ RT.

If you check the big guys the staff is bringing in for OLine, it's mostly based on feet. I think Servais is the most athletic of the bunch. 4.97 40, 4.61 shuttle. 350 bench, 500 squat, all in high school. Beast.

Heckel has feet, too. 5.1 40, 4.53 shuttle. Only a 285 bench, and 455 squat coming in. (he's since destroyed the strength #'s) Think that's why we saw him at guard, last year. Needed more strength to take on the C role. His improved strength #'s should let him take on ACC nose guards this year, and I think he excels here, until they can utilize his speed more, at guard. He's quick, too damn quick for center.

Dakota Davis. 4.68 Shuttle, 5.2 40. 300 bench, 435 squat coming in. Needed strength, but once again, his left/right speed is ideal for a guard. I expect to see him taking meaningful snaps.

While the staff may have a more difficult time bringing in 4, or 5 star Oline, they are bringing guys in, that are naturally quicker than their higher ranked classmates. It's a great strategy. These kids could be better. If nothing else, I think the line will compete.

Servais routinely posted low grades last year at the C position... He was out of position, and couldn't use his combo of strength/quickness.. I think he kills it at RT this year, LT next. Frankly, I think he may be the highest Cuse draft pick in many years...

Terrific post. OL has long been an area of relative weakness for our program on the recruiting trail. While some teams routinely crank out quality OL, for whatever reason we've struggled to do so.

Love what the staff has done with the OL pipeline. During Babers's first [abbreviated time frame] recruiting class, he added tall guys who needed to add bulk, but who had quality athleticism. The next class, they added bigger guys [the Davis's] who were also athletic. Last year's class, they added high rated big guys with athleticism. Love the trend.

And I'm with you -- despite landing Sampson [regardless of how that turned out] and White, I'm not sure that we're ever going to bring in 4 or 5 star OL consistently. But if we can continue to recruit to this profile, OL is going to become an area of program strength moving forward. We're already seeing this strategy beginning to pay off.

I think Servais should have been a high 3* coming in. Had the ability, plus great measurables. Our gain.

While it may not be regular, the staff has already shown they can grab 4* oline w/ tsamp, white, on swagger, alone. Add some wins, and a nice roof, and that'll improve some chances.

However it goes, I like the current strategy. I know it was only a spring game, but I like the trajectory.

It's good to see servais at a more natural position.

I don't go by the composites, or the stars, and just stop there. If you see Servais as the #3 OT in the state of Wisconsin (per ESPN), and Heckel as first team all-state, that should tell you something. Then, as you see above, Servais was 6ft 6in, 280, and 5.1 in the 40. Draw your own conclusions.

We don't get many players, in any position, with those credentials.

Servais ran a 4.97, 40. ;-)

I think we both agree, recruiting #'s are full of it.

Watched a 5 star today. Great HS player. Slow as molasses. 5.7 40, 5.58 shuttle. I'm of the mindset that the technique can be taught, but you aren't getting much faster(Pugh).

Put a plate of food, where those guys are supposed to pull to, and Servais is going to eat. He'll be on seconds, when Mr. Sloth finishes carrying his 5 stars over. I like having guys that can eat. I think Servais is going to be a good one.

He didn’t even have a profile pic on the recruiting websites
FHCDM often said Pugh had the best feet he had seen in s college player. Of course, he then went out and slipped on the blocked FG run back for a TD in the Rutgers loss. Scarred for life!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom