ACC, American to play in Military Bowl | Syracusefan.com

ACC, American to play in Military Bowl

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
The American Athletic Conference and ACC have agreed to a six-year deal with the Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman beginning in 2014, sources said.

The bowl will be played at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Md. The first five Military Bowls were played at RFK Stadium in Washington D.C. until the game was moved to Navy's home stadium in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tic-conference-acc-play-military-bowl-sources

Makes sense. Centrally located to all the ACC fanbases. Good destination for a 6-6 season.

And they get to Eat Bertha's Mussels...

I call dibs on the Lazy Boy inChip's TV room.

Actually a nice bowl for a 6-7 win ACC team.

Never thought about this...

"Bowls that decided not to renew with the American after this season: Russell Athletic (ACC vs. Big 12), Pinstripe (Big Ten vs. ACC) and Belk (SEC vs. ACC)."

The ACC has really feasted on the remains of the BE football conference.

Makes sense. Centrally located to all the ACC fanbases. Good destination for a 6-6 season.

And they get to Eat Bertha's Mussels...

Is Bertha one of the Butt sisters?

Never thought about this...

"Bowls that decided not to renew with the American after this season: Russell Athletic (ACC vs. Big 12), Pinstripe (Big Ten vs. ACC) and Belk (SEC vs. ACC)."

The ACC has really feasted on the remains of the BE football conference.
The ACC was already in the Russell Athletic and Belk bowls.

The American Athletic Conference and ACC have agreed to a six-year deal with the Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman beginning in 2014, sources said.

The bowl will be played at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Md. The first five Military Bowls were played at RFK Stadium in Washington D.C. until the game was moved to Navy's home stadium in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tic-conference-acc-play-military-bowl-sources

The B1G wanted in on this one, so on one hand, I am glad the ACC beat them out for a slot. But I would have preferred to be playing a B1G opponent to an ACCCCCCCKKKKKKKK team.

This doesn't say much for the popularity or power of Maryland, does it?

I am both embarrassed and pleased to say when I first read this I had no idea who the American Athletic Conference is. Took a few seconds for it to connect. And that there is and will be their problem.

The B1G wanted in on this one, so on one hand, I am glad the ACC beat them out for a slot. But I would have preferred to be playing a B1G opponent to an ACCCCCCCKKKKKKKK team.

This doesn't say much for the popularity or power of Maryland, does it?

In a few years, the ACC will be playing Navy every year.

I am both embarrassed and pleased to say when I first read this I had no idea who the American Athletic Conference is. Took a few seconds for it to connect. And that there is and will be their problem.

They are Conference USA 2.

Am I the only one that's annoyed by the AAC name? It's as if they've gone out of their way to get people to mistake them for the ACC. It invites confusion. It's like McDonald's vs. McDowell's. Why can't they be the BIG America Conference? Or the Atlantic to Pacific Conference (the APC-12)? I'd like to see Swofford challenge their name in court.

Am I the only one that's annoyed by the AAC name? It's as if they've gone out of their way to get people to mistake them for the ACC. All it takes is a careless, hurried reading or an erroneous keystroke or a not very sharp recruit. It's like McDonald's vs. McDowell's. Why can't they be the BIG America Conference? Or the Atlantic to Pacific Conference (the APC-10)? I'd like to see Swofford challenge their name in court.
There's already another AAC... let them sue.

The AAC prefers to go by "The American"... I doubt many are buying and will go with AAC.

I prefer the YAC (Yet Another Conference) or the MMC (Mid Major Conference).

Rematch with Tulane!

And since no one wants to buy my house (someone must have turned a blacklight on during the open house), I can just walk over and scream at the green machine with my very own throat!

I anticipate this will be something like ACC #9 vs. AAC #2.

i'd anticipate this bowl being ranked higher than the st pete bowl vs AAC in which we appear 3 times in 6 years.

1-playoff/orange bowl
2-capital one bowl(when bigten is in orange bowl) VS SEC
3-Russell Athletic Bowl VS B12
Group:
4-Gator Bowl/Music City Bowl VS SEC
5- Pinstripe Bowl VS BIG10
6-Sun Bowl VS PAC 12
7- Belk Bowl VS SEC

Bottom Group:
8- Independence Bowl
9- Military Bowl VS AAC
10- Detroit Bowl VS BIG10(shared tie in or not?)
11- ST Pete Bowl VS AAC(3 times in 6 years)

this is the expected lineup order between 8-11 haven't been confirmed