ACC and recruiting | Syracusefan.com

ACC and recruiting

PhatOrange

Living Legend
2nd time this week I've read southern recruits mention Syracuse being attractive because of the ACC. Orlando lineman Shawn Curtis said it this week and Georgia hybrid DE/LB Rakim Peters also says it in the most recent Fizz article.

One thing Peter's says that I hadn't considered before is that this 2013 class will be Syracuse first ACC class. Don't know how important that is for recruits but it is kind of cool.

Peters says he'll officially visit Syracuse and lists a current top 5 of Syracuse, Clemson, Missouri, Kentucky and Miss State.

Curtis by the way - per the Fizz:

"Rivals indicates a top five of Iowa State, Mississippi State, Syracuse, South Florida, and North Carolina State, but Curtis says he hasn’t pinpointed a top set of schools yet. But Curtis may narrow down his list as soon as next week. He currently stands at 17 scholarship offers"

"Schools that have been dialing Shawn’s cell phone the most: Syracuse, Duke, and North Carolina"

north carolina would offer the easiet path to a degree;)

"Schools that have been dialing Shawn’s cell phone the most: Syracuse, Duke, and North Carolina"

With these three schools the most active, the real question is how effective is he in a 2-3 zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a football site, is it not? Any way you slice it, SU Recruiting doesn't stack up to anyone (FOOTBALL THAT IS) in the big conferences, including the ACC.

We are dead last in Big East (8th), we would be Dead Last in the SEC at 15th, 12th in the Big 10 just barley ahead of Minnesota, tied for 10th in the Big 12 with K State, 12th in the PAC 10 ahead of only Oregon State, and to our beloved new conference in the ACC, we are looking at 14th, dead last in the conference. We are 66th out of the 68 teams in power conferences. Call me a pessimist all you want, but I am far from optimistic from what I have seen do far. Alot of talk and redderick going on, but the season is almost here, practices aren't going very well, and the prime recruiting season before September is almost up, which means we have to recruit while we are trying to play one of the tuffest non-conf schedules in teh country, not to mention in Big East play where we haven't had any luck, except against WV, of late, and oh by the way we don't play any more. It is going to be one heck of a surprise to pull a good recruiting cvlass out of this year's upcoming class, and should we play terribly, the heat will be on Doug at the end of this year, mark my words. As much as I want us to get out of the ACC, I don't want us to be the new Duke to the ACC, bottom feeder of the ACC for years.

As much as I want us to get out of the ACC, I don't want us to be the new Duke to the ACC, bottom feeder of the ACC for years.
Get out of the Big East.....

This is a football site, is it not? Any way you slice it, SU Recruiting doesn't stack up to anyone (FOOTBALL THAT IS) in the big conferences, including the ACC.

We are dead last in Big East (8th), we would be Dead Last in the SEC at 15th, 12th in the Big 10 just barley ahead of Minnesota, tied for 10th in the Big 12 with K State, 12th in the PAC 10 ahead of only Oregon State, and to our beloved new conference in the ACC, we are looking at 14th, dead last in the conference. We are 66th out of the 68 teams in power conferences. Call me a pessimist all you want, but I am far from optimistic from what I have seen do far. Alot of talk and redderick going on, but the season is almost here, practices aren't going very well, and the prime recruiting season before September is almost up, which means we have to recruit while we are trying to play one of the tuffest non-conf schedules in teh country, not to mention in Big East play where we haven't had any luck, except against WV, of late, and oh by the way we don't play any more. It is going to be one heck of a surprise to pull a good recruiting cvlass out of this year's upcoming class, and should we play terribly, the heat will be on Doug at the end of this year, mark my words. As much as I want us to get out of the ACC, I don't want us to be the new Duke to the ACC, bottom feeder of the ACC for years.

:bat: :bang: :blah:

Tuffest? Really?

You do realize that SU average recruit ranking is higher than 66 out of 68? That quantity is heavily weighed early on, and the recruiting season is not over until February?

you still haven't figured it out yet that that rankings are based on the number of committments you have. With only 8 kids so far in the fold we're at the bottom of the rankings.

For example, Rivals says that South Florida's class is #45. They have 15 commitments; average star rating 2.53. Rutgers class is #48 likewise with 15 commitments and an average star rating of 2.64.

Or how about Pitt at #34 with 16 commits average star rating 2.63

Syracuse with 8 commitments is #77 but our average star rating is 2.71; higher than USF, Rutgers and Pitt.

Maryland at #23 has an average star rating of only 2.79. 19 commitments.

you still haven't figured it out yet that that rankings are based on the number of committments you have. With only 8 kids so far in the fold we're at the bottom of the rankings.

For example, Rivals says that South Florida's class is #45. They have 15 commitments; average star rating 2.53. Rutgers class is #48 likewise with 15 commitments and an average star rating of 2.64.

Syracuse with 8 commitments is #77 but our average star rating is 2.71; higher than USF, Rutgers and Pitt.

Why would he? Analyze something rather than just taking it for face value and spouting off? That's asking far too much of someone in the bleacher report days we live in today.

I thought star ratings meant nothing to most of you? I'm not talking star ratings, but needed positions being filled. It also depends on what system you are looking at where SU stands. I like 5 positions we have filled so far, but am very concerned we are not further along at this point. Rivals may have us rated with a 2.71, but you failed to mention at #77 in the country. USF may have a lower over all, but their top 10 of the class are well over 3.1. While we would be near the bottom in the ACC. How are these under the radar guys any different at these schools than ours? Like you say, these ratings are subjective, so use them or don't use them. But don't condemn me for using them then throw the numbers at me from the very same ratings. I am talking positions at this point with good players, we have a few, but that is the point. unless our class is at 15 for the year, no, I am concerned where are recruiting is at this point. But as long as we are throwing numbers around, here are a few other sources:
Rivals: 77th with a 2.71 star rating (8 total recruits)
247: 78th with an 80.78 rating with Charles Davis listed as a recruit!
Scout: 68th with a 2.50 star rating
ESPN: Score Card 90th, over all 77th

Guys, all I am saying is this is a huge year for DM in this area if we are going to compete in a much tuffer conference. Maybe Boise can get away with a great Coach with a huge win here and there with a very weak conference with a mediocre recruiting program. They will fade away in the Big East, albeit not great teams, but much higher caliber to what they have been playing. You won't see them undefeated unless they pick up in recruiting. Same goes for SU, unless we pick up in this area, it will be a struggle to compete on the field. Prime time recruiting days are almost over with school starting soon, and we have had only 1 recruit over the last 65 days. Those are real numbers. DM, make a fool out of me, cause in the end, we all want you to succeed and be our coach for many years to come.

More status quo from the english department...very good to see from the ole' faithful...I don't need Bleacher Reports to see we have alot of work to do, at least DM can admit it, and publically.

It's hard to take anyone seriously who types the word "redderick."
It took me a second or two to find that "redderick". I admit s funny but not a game changer. Rhetorically its just a glitch.and easy to dismiss as a mere fart in the wind.Standing or seated way up wind makes it a non happening.:p

More status quo from the english department...very good to see from the ole' faithful...I don't need Bleacher Reports to see we have alot of work to do, at least DM can admit it, and publically.

No...there's more than a fine line between subtle mistakes that anyone can make and going full with "redderick" and "tuffer."

No...there's more than a fine line between subtle mistakes that anyone can make and going full with "redderick" and "tuffer."

Bleacher Report needs to learn that you never go full . That almost ruined Tugg Speedman's acting career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom