ACC Announces Future Men's Basketball Tournament Sites | Syracusefan.com

ACC Announces Future Men's Basketball Tournament Sites

Awesome, there's so much to do in Greensboro in-between games. You have the Cracker Barrel, and... that's all I got. Someone help me out.
Golf

Awesome, there's so much to do in Greensboro in-between games. You have the Cracker Barrel, and... that's all I got. Someone help me out.

I can kill a few hours between Natty Greene’s brewpub then throwing a couple more back while playing some NBA Jam at Boxcar Arcade.

And that’s all I got.

Greensboro is a city of 300,000.

Obviously its not New York City, but there has to be some things there, right?. Is the issue that is generally far out of the core of the city and not near much?

Greensboro is a city of 300,000.

Obviously its not New York City, but there has to be some things there, right?. Is the issue that is generally far out of the core of the city and not near much?
Yes. The Coliseum is off in a corner of town all by it’s lonesome. It isn’t downtown.

Somebody has tied up MSG for a couple more years. Supposedly we're at the top of their list when that present contract ends.

That someone could play their tournament in Philly when the ACC uses MSG. That's the hope anyway.

Somebody has tied up MSG for a couple more years. Supposedly we're at the top of their list when that present contract ends.
That someone could play their tournament in Philly when the ACC uses MSG. That's the hope anyway.

That someone has a contract with MSG through the 2025-26 season.

That someone has a contract with MSG through the 2025-26 season.
The Catholic Nine Plus 1 gave up their claims to a lot of money to keep the Big East name, Big East record book, and the Big East Tournament in MSG.

The decision to play the ACC tournament regularly in NYC in a huge win for the Syracuse basketball program. The old guard in the ACC did not want to play up north and fought hard to keep it below the Mason-Dixon line. This is good for Syracuse and certainly good for the ACC.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Big East contract with MSG expires. Would the ACC commit to playing the tournament there long term? That would be a huge jump in terms of fan interest, talent and prestige for MSG and would restore MSG as the home of the best college basketball tournament in the country. The Big East could go to Brooklyn, Newark, Providence or some other, more appropriate place for that level of basketball.

Charlotte and the Spectrum Center is a great venue. And, so many great restaurants; Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Capital Grille, Flemings, Chima are all in Uptown...if you're into great steakhouses. There's Sullivan's too on the South end, in the Dillworth area, which has some excellent restaurants and craft brewery places. There are several cool pub type joints and sports bars in Uptown of course as well. Unfortunately, however, you won't find any Cracker Barrels. ;):)

Boeheim vs Greensboro Round 2
I just happened to turn on Raw in Greensboro last month. For WWE fans, I thought about JB when Elias said"it must take an unmatched strength and resiliense to wake up here everyday knowing that you are living in this pile of garbage known as Greensboro"

I just happened to turn on Raw in Greensboro last month. For WWE fans, I thought about JB when Elias said"it must take an unmatched strength and resiliense to wake up here everyday knowing that you are living in this pile of garbage known as Greensboro"
What does WWE stand for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom