Assuming Louisville just slides into Maryland's spot:

BC
Clemson
Fl. St
Maryland Louisville
NC State
Wake
SU

Lousiville was a big upgrade Football wise. We play 5 out of the 6 division opponents each year so with --- FL. St, Clemson and Louisville on the schedule most years our schedule just got a whole lot tougher.

Warner Division
UNC
Duke
Wake F.
VT
Virginia
Pitt
GTech

Looks like the Atlantic Division is quite a bit tougher.

We play 5 out of the 6 division opponents each year so with

We do? I thought we played all six in our division each year. No?

We do? I thought we played all six in our division each year. No?

We are slated to play 8 conference games --- 5 of the 6 division opponents, 1 with our partner in the Coastal Division (PITT), and two rotating teams in the Coast Division.

Warner Division
UNC
Duke
Wake F.
VT
Virginia
Pitt
GTech

Looks like the Atlantic Division is quite a bit tougher.

You have Wake instead of Miami...slight difference.

i really hate these divisions

teams that I would like to play every year:
BC, Pitt, VT, UNC, Duke, UVA, Miami

Teams we get to play out of those - BC

I hate clemson, and they are a team that I hope loses every game every year, but I have 0 excitement about playing them or florida state - it just feels funny.

We are slated to play 8 conference games --- 5 of the 6 division opponents, 1 with our partner in the Coastal Division (PITT), and two rotating teams in the Coast Division.

Am I the only one who hadn't heard this until today? I think it's great if true. Do we have an annual in-division partner as well? (assuming BC)?

Am I the only one who hadn't heard this until today? I think it's great if true. Do we have an annual in-division partner as well? (assuming BC)?

No - all my info is from Wikipedia- so don't shoot me if its wrong.

I doubt UVA will want Louisville as the permanent cross over. So who will BC, SU,Louisville, and Pitt, UVA, and VPI paired up with?

per wikiepeida:

Divisions
In 2005, the ACC began divisional play in football. Division leaders compete in a playoff game to determine the ACC championship. The inaugural Championship Game was played on December 3, 2005, in Jacksonville, Florida, at the stadium then known as Alltel Stadium, in which Florida State defeated Virginia Tech to capture its 12th championship since it joined the league in 1992. The 2011 ACC Championship Game was played at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina with Clemson defeating Virginia Tech 38–10.
The ACC was the only NCAA Division I conference whose divisions were not divided geographically (North/South, East/West)[20] until the Big Ten announced its division names after the 2010 regular season.[21]
The existing division structure leads to each team playing the following games:
  • Five games within its division (one against each opponent)
  • One game against a designated permanent rival from the other division (not necessarily the school's closest traditional rival, even within the conference); this is similar to the SEC setup
  • Two rotating games (one home, one away) against teams in the other division
  • Four out-of-conference games.
On February 3, 2012, the ACC announced a new regular-season scheduling format which added Syracuse to the Atlantic division and Pittsburgh to the Coastal division. These new teams will be cross-divisional rivals. This change will take effect once Pitt and Syracuse officially enter the conference in July 2013. On October 3, 2012 it was announced that the extra in division game will result in one fewer cross-division game.[22]
In the table below, each column represents one division. Each team's designated permanent rival is listed in the same row in the opposing column.[23]

PS - I just changed the page to read Maryland Blows, under the divisions. It wouldnt let me write Maryland Sucks, but Maryland Blows was perfectly acceptable.

so its 6, 1-rival and 1 crossover now.

need to toss 1 of clemson, fsu or lville to the coastal too.

i think you throw ga tech into the atlantic, they cross over to virginia.

put ville v bc and clemson v vpi as the cross'

Yep, 6 in division now. Crap, thought there was a window there to get back to 2 more games against the other division. Wish they would drop to 5 division games, or eliminate the annual crossover (or make it optional). Add a little flexibility to the conference schedule.

Good idea here you are giving FSU another of their rivals each year. Put Louisville in the Coastal and Ga. Tech in the Atlantic.
Divisions
Atlantic
Florida St
Clemson
Ga. Tech
Boston College
Wake Forest
North Carolina State
Syracuse
Coastal
Miami
North Carolina
Duke
Louisville
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Pitt

Permanent Cross-overs
FSU-Miami
Wake-Duke
UNC-NC State
SU-Pitt
BC-Louisville
VPI-Clemson
Georgia Tech-Virginia

I think the divisions might change now. I can see them splitting FSU and Clemson.

Yep, 6 in division now. Crap, thought there was a window there to get back to 2 more games against the other division. Wish they would drop to 5 division games, or eliminate the annual crossover (or make it optional). Add a little flexibility to the conference schedule.
In one of the threads last week, someone said that if you have divisions, you have to play all of the opponents in it due to some NCAA requirement. If true, that will have to be rescinded as the conferences grow to 14-16 teams.

As an Atlanta resident - I couldn't agree with this more. SU needs to somehow end up in the same division as GT!

In one of the threads last week, someone said that if you have divisions, you have to play all of the opponents in it due to some NCAA requirement. If true, that will have to be rescinded as the conferences grow to 14-16 teams.

When it goes to 16, unless they do change to some pod system that the (for some reason) all powerful NCAA approves, you'd have to play all 7 division opponents, and then keep your crossover (because apparently no one can do without it). Which also means that outside of a Conference Championship, there are many schools in a conference who would never play each other at all.

I have to imagine this is on the minds of those expanding. Does Ohio State want to add UConn and some other stiff, and then never play Nebraska, Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota or Northwestern ever again?

They'd have to work out the pod system and the necessary approvals before going to 16. Not the other way around.

When it goes to 16, unless they do change to some pod system that the (for some reason) all powerful NCAA approves, you'd have to play all 7 division opponents, and then keep your crossover (because apparently no one can do without it). Which also means that outside of a Conference Championship, there are many schools in a conference who would never play each other at all.

I have to imagine this is on the minds of those expanding. Does Ohio State want to add UConn and some other stiff, and then never play Nebraska, Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota or Northwestern ever again?

They'd have to work out the pod system and the necessary approvals before going to 16. Not the other way around.

The pod system does not have to be approved by the NCAA. All the pods do is determine who is in each division every year. It actually makes you play teams more often than we do in a 14 team league.

This how I do it
Atlantic/Coastal
FSU-Miami
Wake-Duke
NC State-UNC
SU-BC
Louisville-Pitt
VTech-Virginia
Georgia Tech-Clemson

Why VPI and UVA would not be rivals is beyond me. Especially if this is the only school you play year in and year out. I know realignment is not run by quality competition, rivalries, or common sense but enough is enough.

Why VPI and UVA would not be rivals is beyond me. Especially if this is the only school you play year in and year out. I know realignment is not run by quality competition, rivalries, or common sense but enough is enough.
where are you getting that? theyre in the same division.

It seems like eveyone would now have a pretty natural rival if they were willing to adjust things a bit. Sounds like they're planning on just sliding LVille into UMd's spot though, which I think is a mistake.

This how I do it
Atlantic/Coastal
FSU-Miami
Wake-Duke
NC State-UNC
SU-BC
Louisville-Pitt
VTech-Virginia
Georgia Tech-Clemson

god I hope we don't get stuck with BC. F-That.