ACC breakdown - paint it Orange!!! (Long) | Syracusefan.com

ACC breakdown - paint it Orange!!! (Long)

O'Cafe

Walk On
Wished the Big East was still intact but since the page has been turned I now have to apply my years of scouting to the newbie's of the South. Alphabetical breakdown: feel free to chime in OrangeNation

-BC, my gawd they are awful. It's like reunion weekend where you run into the dorm slut after 15 years and wonder how you ever crossed paths with such a putrid person/program. Ummm good to see you again. Please don't mention that we crossed paths in a previous life. Thanks for the 2 wins though. Yezzzsh

-Clemson huge state school where no one cares about hoop. I dub thee Rutgers w/o the DB fans. Thanks for Jerami though and pass along good wishes to Mike Jones at the valet booth.

-Duke, elite program, run by a respected coach, tons of doucchee fans. Easy to dislike... Our new UConn.

-Florida St, another huge state school, football matters most, really Nice co-eds. Might be somewhat relevant in hoops occasionally... The new West Virginia excepthe girls or nice location.

-GT, good school, decent history, bought/stole the missing ingredient from our 90 team in Kenny Anderson so still bitter about that. You are St. John's and we will own you as we owned them.

-Maryland - good riddance. Under Armour will not protect you from the Big 10.

-UNC, another elite program run by a coach who we fair very well against even with "lesser" talent. Looking forward to many more years of Coleman over JR Reid. Sonny Spera over Joe Hale. Ronny over Chilcutt, we last owned you in the Garden a couple of years ago thanks to Andy & Wes. This is what you can expect going forward. Our new Nova.

-NC State, luckiest title ever with the exception of Kemba. Keep hanging onto that one moment as we are the new and improved Phi Slamma Jamma. Hahahaha Hodge... We get Holy Hakim!!!! Fans are irrational and believe glory is around the corner . You are Providence. Btw- we started out 18-0 or better in league play against PC in the BE, expect the same greeting.

-ND, who is your fat, slow, unathlectic buzz cut center this year? Does the mock turtle neck ever go out of style in South Bend? Why are you here and why were you in the BE? Billy Edelin punishing Chris Thomas, Hakim throwing down vicious dunks, including a stand still leap from the box leap over a 6'10" doorman- we treat you so cruedly yet you still hang around. I admit, we play with a strong pimp hand and you are one of our bee-otches! Thanks for the 2 wins, now go get us some $$$!!!

-Pitt, has your roster expanded to 32? The new rules will make your D irrelevant. You got us a few times in the BE but we won more. You hold onto those memories as we are moving ahead. You will become Cincinnati.

-Virginia you slow it down, disgrace our color and haven't been relevant since Ralph Sampson played. What do you bring to the conference? Dallas Comegy, Make Aguire & Terry Cummings welcome you as the new DePaul.

-VTech a foster child of the old BE. We brought you in to teach you how things are done, you failed to catch on and bolted. Have you learned anything since we last saw you? Shockingly no. Well at least that dim wit Greenberg is no longer your coach. The AAC could use you.

-Wake, you've had some talent come through your school but the big boys around you get who they want. There is a school in northern NJ that mirrors you... Seton Hall.

-Louisville looking forward to seeing you next year. We already hate (& kinda respect) you and that will not change. You will become Georgetown. Like JT and JT III we have already begun beating the Pitino family.

You make a very convincing argument for why the ACC blows and why most schools' football ambitions will ultimately prove the downfall of college athletics.

Jesus . The two posts in this thread have made me violent. You two are negative nancys. Tell me more about how much everything in the world suucks and how awesome disease and starvation are.

Wished the Big East was still intact but since the page has been turned I now have to apply my years of scouting to the newbie's of the South. Alphabetical breakdown: feel free to chime in OrangeNation

-BC, my gawd they are awful. It's like reunion weekend where you run into the dorm slut after 15 years and wonder how you ever crossed paths with such a putrid person/program. Ummm good to see you again. Please don't mention that we crossed paths in a previous life. Thanks for the 2 wins though. Yezzzsh

-Clemson huge state school where no one cares about hoop. I dub thee Rutgers w/o the DB fans. Thanks for Jerami though and pass along good wishes to Mike Jones at the valet booth.

-Duke, elite program, run by a respected coach, tons of doucchee fans. Easy to dislike... Our new UConn.

-Florida St, another huge state school, football matters most, really Nice co-eds. Might be somewhat relevant in hoops occasionally... The new West Virginia excepthe girls or nice location.

-GT, good school, decent history, bought/stole the missing ingredient from our 90 team in Kenny Anderson so still bitter about that. You are St. John's and we will own you as we owned them.

-Maryland - good riddance. Under Armour will not protect you from the Big 10.

-UNC, another elite program run by a coach who we fair very well against even with "lesser" talent. Looking forward to many more years of Coleman over JR Reid. Sonny Spera over Joe Hale. Ronny over Chilcutt, we last owned you in the Garden a couple of years ago thanks to Andy & Wes. This is what you can expect going forward. Our new Nova.

-NC State, luckiest title ever with the exception of Kemba. Keep hanging onto that one moment as we are the new and improved Phi Slamma Jamma. Hahahaha Hodge... We get Holy Hakim!!!! Fans are irrational and believe glory is around the corner . You are Providence. Btw- we started out 18-0 or better in league play against PC in the BE, expect the same greeting.

-ND, who is your fat, slow, unathlectic buzz cut center this year? Does the mock turtle neck ever go out of style in South Bend? Why are you here and why were you in the BE? Billy Edelin punishing Chris Thomas, Hakim throwing down vicious dunks, including a stand still leap from the box leap over a 6'10" doorman- we treat you so cruedly yet you still hang around. I admit, we play with a strong pimp hand and you are one of our bee-otches! Thanks for the 2 wins, now go get us some $$$!!!

-Pitt, has your roster expanded to 32? The new rules will make your D irrelevant. You got us a few times in the BE but we won more. You hold onto those memories as we are moving ahead. You will become Cincinnati.

-Virginia you slow it down, disgrace our color and haven't been relevant since Ralph Sampson played. What do you bring to the conference? Dallas Comegy, Make Aguire & Terry Cummings welcome you as the new DePaul.

-VTech a foster child of the old BE. We brought you in to teach you how things are done, you failed to catch on and bolted. Have you learned anything since we last saw you? Shockingly no. Well at least that dim wit Greenberg is no longer your coach. The AAC could use you.

-Wake, you've had some talent come through your school but the big boys around you get who they want. There is a school in northern NJ that mirrors you... Seton Hall.

-Louisville looking forward to seeing you next year. We already hate (& kinda respect) you and that will not change. You will become Georgetown. Like JT and JT III we have already begun beating the Pitino family.

First love the post, but have a few suggestions:

If Duke is our new UConn, then IMO, UNC is our new Georgetown.

Also, I see GA Tech more as our new Villanova than I do NC State as both schools are great academically, located in big cities, and surrounded by tons of elite recruits.

And I see NC State as our new St. John's as both are schools that SHOULD be way better than they are.

Finally, I think Wake is the new Providence... Schools that, IMO, deserve respect if only because they have good academics and try to compete with the big boys while having access to much less in the resources department.

O'Cafe - nice job. Very amusing.

Without the incoming and ex-BE teams, the ACC comes down to just the Big Two. As you say, we usually can handle UNC. Duke are a bit like UK. A bunch of carpetbaggers. They do not have a single player on their roster from the Carolinas.

Does Miami even have a basketball team or is that a handball team they are running out there this year?

Otto - Don't think we can break into the hatfield & mccoys rivalry that Duke and UNC have so going with familiar foe and storied program in L'ville .

Edowd - not intended to be negative, both leagues have good & bad tems, just pointing out who our new mates could be like.

Forgot Miami, my bad, see FSU

Go Cuse!

Why can't Pitt be Pitt and L'ville be l'ville? Ditto for VTech, BC, Miami and ND ...

One thing I did agree with you, seemed like there was an extra amount of disgust for the 'Dame. I agree completely.

Also, there can be no other Georgetown. There is only one and we officially closed that rivalry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom