ACC Championship game report | Syracusefan.com

ACC Championship game report

Alsacs

Living Legend
The atmosphere walking in with my Cuse hat was awesome, we got respect from ACC fans in my section when I sat down.During the pregame the ACC honored hall of famers from each team and next year Syracuse will get a player put into the ACC Hall of Fame. It was sad when the Maryland inductee was booed in my section because Maryland is leaving the conference. The loudest ovation this year was for NC State's Torry Holt At the game they had a tarps over both upper-decks behind the endzones and there wasn't more than 40k in that stadium. Ga. Tech had less fans there but were significantly louder than the Florida State fans. The FSU fans were totally arrogant and turned me off as I sat in there section and the Ga. Tech fans on the other side were loud and really wanted the game. BTW if anyone watched the game can they explain what the announcers said about Paul Johnson going for 2 down 21-15 I was going crazy when he did it and couldn't believe a man paid millions of dollars a year would make such a dumb decision to go for 2 and allow the other team to make it a 2 score game by kicking a FG, and also Paul Johnson's offense set the game back 50 years. The option offense from a team with BCS conference is totally unacceptable and made the game boring until the Ga. Tech played out of its mind in the second half and shut down the FSU offense. The game ended up being exciting and if Ga. Tech's offense wasn't predictable and shutdown by FSU's athletes Ga. Tech played better and deserved the game, but the FSU defense played well shutting down the option.

thanks for the report man. Love reading firsthand stuff like that.

The atmosphere walking in with my Cuse hat was awesome, we got respect from ACC fans in my section when I sat down.During the pregame the ACC honored hall of famers from each team and next year Syracuse will get a player put into the ACC Hall of Fame. It was sad when the Maryland inductee was booed in my section because Maryland is leaving the conference. The loudest ovation this year was for NC State's Torry Holt At the game they had a tarps over both upper-decks behind the endzones and there wasn't more than 40k in that stadium. Ga. Tech had less fans there but were significantly louder than the Florida State fans. The FSU fans were totally arrogant and turned me off as I sat in there section and the Ga. Tech fans on the other side were loud and really wanted the game. BTW if anyone watched the game can they explain what the announcers said about Paul Johnson going for 2 down 21-15 I was going crazy when he did it and couldn't believe a man paid millions of dollars a year would make such a dumb decision to go for 2 and allow the other team to make it a 2 score game by kicking a FG, and also Paul Johnson's offense set the game back 50 years. The option offense from a team with BCS conference is totally unacceptable and made the game boring until the Ga. Tech played out of its mind in the second half and shut down the FSU offense. The game ended up being exciting and if Ga. Tech's offense wasn't predictable and shutdown by FSU's athletes Ga. Tech played better and deserved the game, but the FSU defense played well shutting down the option.

Regarding Paul Johnson going for 2, Brent and Herbstreit didn't even question it. It made absolutely zero sense. If FSU goes down and kicks a FG there, Ga Tech is back down 9 (2 score game). Bonehead move.

Any pics? Love stadium pics

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

261508_2563572546225_1851160924_n.jpg

I have more I will post tomorrow off my phone.

Attachments

• gatechband.jpg
    gatechband.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 85

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online