ACC expansion | Syracusefan.com

ACC expansion

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
What's the latest on additional programs adding men's lax in the ACC? BC, Va Tech and Louisville all have women's teams. N.C. State and Wake seem like naturals and the sport is exploding in Florida. Doesn't seem right that the best conference in the sport doesn't even have an automatic qualifier.

What's the latest on additional programs adding men's lax in the ACC? BC, Va Tech and Louisville all have women's teams. N.C. State and Wake seem like naturals and the sport is exploding in Florida. Doesn't seem right that the best conference in the sport doesn't even have an automatic qualifier.

Nothing imminent I'm afraid. BC amd Lville have title 9 concerns, VA tech has zero interest in lax that i have heard and FSU and Miami have title 9 and financial concerns plus little interest. Pitt is probably ur best option but even that is well under 50% probability in the next 5-10 years

Not adding Johns Hopkins as an associate member was really stupid.

Rigidity in thinking... "we only take full members." Quite a boon for the BIG 1G.

As a follow up...

I spoke to John Wildhack this evening. He's not aware of any other ACC schools that might be considering the addition of a men's lacrosse team.

As a follow up...

I spoke to John Wildhack this evening. He's not aware of any other ACC schools that might be considering the addition of a men's lacrosse team.
Of all the info about SU sports that you could have gotten out of the conversation, that's it?;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom