ACC Football Kickoff: July 25-27 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Football Kickoff: July 25-27

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

With the elimination of divisions beginning this fall, the breakdown of schools will be as follows:

Tuesday, July 25
Commissioner Jim Phillips, Ph.D
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Syracuse

Wednesday, July 26
Duke
Florida State
Pitt
Virginia
Virginia Tech

Thursday, July 27
Boston College
Clemson
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forest

Jawhar Jordan will be there. Jurkovec and Armstrong also going with new ACC schools.

A full day of 'Cuse football coverage is on tap Tuesday on ACCN!

Head Coach Dino Babers, quarterback Garrett Shrader, linebacker Marlowe Wax and tight end Oronde Gadsden II will be representing the Orange from ACC Kickoff. The day will have numerous live spots on the network, a press conference, breakout sessions, radio row hits and a number of additional interview opportunities.

After ACCN carries ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips' forum live at 9:30, Wax will be the first 'Cuse player on TV. He'll join one of the ACCN sets at 10:50 a.m.

Immediately following, Orange fans should turn to ACC Network Extra if they want to catch Syracuse's press conference in its entirety from 11-11:30 a.m. Babers will then have his first of two live ACC Network sit downs at 11:30 a.m.

At 12:50 p.m. the explosive offensive duo of Shrader and Gadsden will join the ACCN set together.

The final live spot where fans can catch Coach Babers on TV will come at 3:15 p.m., as he hits a different ACCN set from the promenade within The Westin.

Finally, the group will have its last live spots from 3:20 to 4 p.m. on ACC Radio on Sirius XM.

Beyond the live interviews, the group will have sit down interviews with Andrea Adelson and David Hale of ESPN.com, breakout sessions with local media outlets from across the ACC footprint, and record content for the year with ESPN Gameday, ACC Network, CBS, Raycom, ACCN social, the ACC Digital Network, among others.

Pack saying "southern fried football" on the Kickoff presser regarding the ACC should tell you everything you need to know about why we complain about home cooking when we head south.

Pack saying "southern fried football" on the Kickoff presser regarding the ACC should tell you everything you need to know about why we complain about home cooking when we head south.
And you are a bit self-absorbed. CFB officiating now is very poor compared even to the year 2000. That is nationwide, not one league or one region. In fact, I think Pac officiating has been the worst for the past 30 years or more.

As for UNC, easily the worst we have gotten since the ACC added from the BE has been playing VT, whether in Blacksburg or Chapel Hill. A big part of it was Ron Cherry, who not only seemed to have a bad taste in his mouth about UNC but also seemed to adore Beamer and all that lunch pail stuff. My favorite of his crazy calls against UNC and for VT was Tyrod Taylor, VT QB, grabbing the facemark of UNC LB Quan Sturdivant and ripping off his helmet, with Cherry calling a personal foul on Sturdivant.

"The players are really motivated, and we're excited about what's been going on in the spring with Jason Beck's first opportunity with us." - Babers

"We've had a lot of turnover in the offensive line. As the big guys go, we go." - Babers on the run game

"We lost seven out of our 22 starters in the first six games. These are seven bonafide fantastic players. It was based on the competition and on the players that have left." - Babers on 2022

"The leadership group is extremely strong, and they are getting an opportunity to continue that legacy." - Babers

"I may not have ever brought a sophomore, I'm not sure. Oronde is different. He is older than his years and was well-tutored before he got to us with his dad." - Babers

"The older players teach the younger players here. We are a family." - Babers

"I'm a hybrid type of player. I don't have a position. The thing I worked on the most was my weight. I came in about 190 [pounds] and now I'm about 225 or 230. I'm still working on blocking though." - Gadsden

"I'm usually a lead-by-example type of guy." - Gadsden

"I want to be able to play in-line tight end, the slot, and outside." - Gadsden

"I don't think you have to [win an ACC Championship] to call it a successful season. It's what every team strives to do." - Gadsden

"He's not very strict...he just wants you to go out and make plays." - Shrader on Jason Beck

"I know we will be more explosive. We will score more points this year. We are a deeper offense." - Shrader

"I love Lequint [Allen]. I love Sean [Tucker] too and wish him the best. Sean has a different skillset, but Lequint is a hard worker. Lequint is just as good with the ball as he is without it." - Shrader

"The Mob Podcast will be back in 2023. Caleb [Okechukwu] will make sure it happens again." - Wax

"I give a lot of thanks to Mikel Jones for teaching me to be vocal. He taught me how to lead the young guys." - Wax

"Coach White is more of a people person, while Coach Long is a defensive guru. I can't wait to play for Coach Long this season." - Wax

Last edited:
Definitely a bigger crowd at Dino’s presser, it isn’t the Tortora show, not a peep from him yet

Pretty much hearing what I expected. Dino’s tie, meh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom