OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
22_23_FBL_Kickoff_WebHeaderGraphic_2.jpg

Syracuse
Head Coach Dino Babers
Matthew Bergeron, OL, Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada
Mikel Jones, LB, Miami, Florida
Garrett Shrader, QB, Charlotte, North Carolina

Orange fans can catch the action on ACC Network all day long Wednesday, for the Atlantic Division's showcase. Coach Babers and the players will run the typical gauntlet of media, photo and video activities, but the majority of when you can catch 'Cuse on will come in the afternoon.

The Orange will hit radio row from 12:10-12:50, making appearances on local and national stations during the block. Then, Coach Babers and the players will be on SiriusXM after 1:30 p.m.

Their first television appearances will be the team's press conference at 2:30 p.m., which will be carried live on ACCNX. Immediately following, Coach Babers will be live on ACC Network (approximately 3:05 p.m.). Mikel Jones will do a live hit with members of the ACC Network show The Huddle at 3:35 p.m., and Matthew Bergeron and Garrett Shrader will be on the set at 4 p.m.

All times are subject to change.

The group will also have interview segments scheduled with ESPN.com, CBS, Bally Sports, ACCN Features, the ACC Digital Network and ESPN's College Gameday, in addition to photoshoots for various ACC marketing initiatives.

Last edited:
TimeSchoolCoachStudent Athletes
ATLANTIC Wed, July 20
9:30 - 10:30 am
WATCH HERE
Commissioner Jim Phillips
10:45 – 11:15 am
WATCH HERE
FSUMike NorvellFabien Lovett, DT
Jammie Robinson, DB
Jordan Travis, QB
11:30 – Noon
WATCH HERE
WakeDave ClawsonRondell Bothroyd, DL
Sam Hartman, QB
Michael Jurgens, OL
12:15 – 12:45 pm
WATCH HERE
LouisvilleScott SatterfieldYasir Abdullah, LB
Caleb Chandler, OG
Malik Cunningham, QB
1:00 – 1:30 pm
WATCH HERE
NC StateDave DoerenDevin Leary, QB
Isaiah Moore, LB
Drake Thomas, LB
1:45 – 2:15 pm
WATCH HERE
BCJeff HafleyJosh DeBerry, DB
Zay Flowers, WR
Phil Jurkovec, QB
2:30 – 3:00 pm
WATCH HERE
SyracuseDino BabersMatthew Bergeron, OL
Mikel Jones, LB
Garrett Shrader, QB
3:15 – 3:45 pm
WATCH HERE
ClemsonDabo SwinneyK.J. Henry, DE
Jordan McFadden, OT
DJ Uiagalelei, QB
COASTAL Thurs, July 21
9:45 – 10:15 am
WATCH HERE
MiamiMario CristobalJahfari Harvey, DE
Will Mallory, TE
Tyler Van Dyke, QB
10:30 – 11:00 am
WATCH HERE
UNCMack BrownBritish Brooks, RB
Josh Downs, WR
Cedric Gray, LB
11:15 – 11:45 am
WATCH HERE
PittPat NarduzziDeslin Alexandre, DL
SirVocea Dennis, LB
Carter Warren, OT
Noon - 12:30 pm
WATCH HERE
VirginiaTony ElliottBrennan Armstrong, QB
Nick Jackson, LB
Keytaon Thompson, WR
12:45 – 1:15 pm
WATCH HERE
DukeMike ElkoDeWayne Carter, DT
Shaka Heyward, LB
Jacob Monk, OL
1:30 – 2:00 pm
WATCH HERE
Ga TechGeoff CollinsDylan Leonard, TE
Dontae Smith, RB
Zamari Walton, DB
2:15 – 2:45 pm
WATCH HERE
Va TechBrent PrySilas Dzansi, OL
Dax Hollifield, LB
Kaleb Smith, WR

Last edited:
That is the best lineup of Cuse representatives in a long time. It's perfect. Kids who can play, carry themselves well, communicate, and are natural leaders on the team

Shrader is from Charlotte so he's giving QB1 a little homecoming. Probably gets to see some family too which is nice.

I'll bet Sean deferred to let another guy go, i.e. Berg or Schrade. He seems like that kind of guy. To give some other guys a chance to rep. Sean is one of the few SYR guys with national presence along with Mikel and Garrett. I think Wax and Thompson have a chance to be recognized nationally too if they have big years in 2022.

I don't put much stock into this after last year's TD and Taj debacle. However, it would be nice to have a Tucker marketing campaign going into the season. He just doesn't have that kind of presence to make it work.

Perhaps there is a recruiting angle to this too? Are we on solid footing in NJ, NY, PA, and MD? Are we doubling down on Canada, Florida, and offensive linemen? Along this line of thinking, I agree with everyone else that Schrader may be a "homecoming" thing, but is this also a signal to the ACC that we are a part of this conference and willing to dip into the Carolina crowd (so give us better air time)?

I don't put much stock into this after last year's TD and Taj debacle. However, it would be nice to have a Tucker marketing campaign going into the season. He just doesn't have that kind of presence to make it work.
TD didn’t go last year?

I agree sending Taj was unfortunate, and many predicted that ahead of time.

Perhaps there is a recruiting angle to this too? Are we on solid footing in NJ, NY, PA, and MD? Are we doubling down on Canada, Florida, and offensive linemen? Along this line of thinking, I agree with everyone else that Schrader may be a "homecoming" thing, but is this also a signal to the ACC that we are a part of this conference and willing to dip into the Carolina crowd (so give us better air time)?
More wins will = more air time!

Can the Canadian guys please for the love all things just stay here and let it all pan out for them !