ACC $$$ for FY20 | Syracusefan.com

ACC $$$ for FY20

Appears to be in the neighborhood of $29-30M for the Cuse. Down about $2.5M from projections.

The link isn’t working for me, but I assume you mean the 18-20 year and not the 20-21 year. If you mean the 19-20 year, then not bad ... a lot of sports weren’t played. If you mean the 20-21 year, then how could they possibly know? ACCN viewership, bowl games NCAAT credits, and so on are TBD.

The link isn’t working for me, but I assume you mean the 18-20 year and not the 20-21 year. If you mean the 19-20 year, then not bad ... a lot of sports weren’t played. If you mean the 20-21 year, then how could they possibly know? ACCN viewership, bowl games NCAAT credits, and so on are TBD.

Even if we were closer to even with the SEC the difference in donor support would still be massive anyway.
And they are have a TV contract come up for bid in a few years. We'll see if the ACC can keep up.

I think ESPN isn't stupid and understands the ACC could be picked apart if the the contracts get too far out of whack between the P5.

And they are have a TV contract come up for bid in a few years. We'll see if the ACC can keep up.

I think ESPN isn't stupid and understands the ACC could be picked apart if the the contracts get too far out of whack between the P5.

Obviously the SEC is just in a completely different "league" when it comes to money but I think the ACC $ is pretty good considering everything.

my understanding is that the penalties for leaving the conference are draconian.

my understanding is that the penalties for leaving the conference are draconian.
The ACC appears safe for now...but in 10-12 years? The GoR takes the ACC to the mid 30s. It was key it was extended from 2026-27 or the rumors would be there right now and the SEC and B1G would start to harvest a few top FB teams in a few years.

The ACC needs to keep league payouts somewhat close to keep everyone happy and competitive. It is eye-opening when Vanderbilt and eventually Rutgers will make more TV money than FSU and Clemson.

A small but very positive development happened the other day when FUBOTV signed on to add the ESPN family to include the ACC Network. They have the NFL Network along with the ESPN family so that might mean they can siphon some subs from YoutubeTV, Hulu, etc...

When Comcast signs it will be another nice bump for the ACC. When??? is the key

Last edited:
The ACC appears safe for now...but in 10-12 years? The GoR takes the ACC to the mid 30s. It was key it was extended from 2026-27 or the rumors would be there right now and the SEC and B1G would start to harvest a few top FB teams in a few years.

The ACC needs to keep league payouts somewhat close to keep everyone happy and competitive. It is eye-opening when Vanderbilt and eventually Rutgers will make more TV money than FSU and Clemson.

A small but very positive development happened the other day when FUBOTV signed on to add the ESPN family to include the ACC Network. They have the NFL Network along with the ESPN family so that might mean they can siphon some subs from YoutubeTV, Hulu, etc...

When Comcast signs it will be another nice bump for the ACC. When??? is the key

Next Commissioner, needs to get Notre Dame, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, and West Virginia, and then you have the best conference with the most viewers in all sports.

Next Commissioner, needs to get Notre Dame, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, and West Virginia, and then you have the best conference with the most viewers in all sports.
That would be huge...but I wonder if too huge?

That would be huge...but I wonder if too huge?
Then you go with either 5 pods of 4, or 4 pods of 5. Texas would come, and that would possibly entice Notre Dame. It would make the ACC the best conference. This would probably cause the others to expand ending with 4 conference's of 20 teams.

Then you go with either 5 pods of 4, or 4 pods of 5. Texas would come, and that would possibly entice Notre Dame. It would make the ACC the best conference. This would probably cause the others to expand ending with 4 conference's of 20 teams.
I do like the idea.

Texas
Baylor/TCU
Houston/Oklahoma St
Oklahoma
Note: OU probably has to bring their lil bro along but Houston is huge market. TCU>Baylor for recruiting and travel ease

BC
Cuse
Pitt
Miami or Notre Dame
Note: Truthfully I prefer Miami for recruiting

UNC
Duke
Clemson
Ga Tech
Note: Clemson likes playing Ga Tech

Notre Dame or Miami
FSU
Louisville
Wake Forest
Note: Notre Dame and FSU should be happy

UVA
VA Tech
NC St
WVU/UCF
Note: UCF looks more compelling to me for recruiting and bowl purposes

Basketball schedule would have to be massaged

Last edited:
I do like the idea.

Texas
Baylor/TCU
Houston/Oklahoma St
Oklahoma
Note: OU probably has to bring their lil bro along but Houston is huge market. TCU>Baylor for recruiting and travel ease

BC
Cuse
Pitt
Miami or Notre Dame
Note: Truthfully I prefer Miami for recruiting

UNC
Duke
Clemson
Ga Tech
Note: Clemson likes playing Ga Tech

Notre Dame or Miami
FSU
Louisville
Wake Forest
Note: Notre Dame and FSU should be happy

UVA
VA Tech
NC St
WVU/UCF
Note: UCF looks more compelling to me for recruiting and bowl purposes

Basketball schedule would have to be massaged
Having 4 conference's of 20 and breaking down in pods makes more sense for rivalries. It also allows you to see teams more often then we do now.

Expansion is dead unless Notre Dame wants in.

The SEC won’t take an ACC team from an SEC state.
Only North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Duke types would interest the SEC.
Then from the Big XII Oklahoma, Kansas would interest the SEC.

The Big Ten wanted UNC and UVA as well.

Florida State and Clemson need to be catered to in the ACC. If expansion takes place again it must include football first schools.

What ever happened to the “look ins” that are in the contract that are supposed to ensure the payments remain in line with the market. Every 5 years I thought. If SEC / B1G get big bumps I’d think that look in would kick in to minimize the gap.

What ever happened to the “look ins” that are in the contract that are supposed to ensure the payments remain in line with the market. Every 5 years I thought. If SEC / B1G get big bumps I’d think that look in would kick in to minimize the gap.
People shouldn’t complain when their cable bills go up because this is one of the reasons.

Expansion is dead unless Notre Dame wants in.

The SEC won’t take an ACC team from an SEC state.
Only North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Duke types would interest the SEC.
Then from the Big XII Oklahoma, Kansas would interest the SEC.

The Big Ten wanted UNC and UVA as well.

Florida State and Clemson need to be catered to in the ACC. If expansion takes place again it must include football first schools.
part of me thinks ND will be less interested in expansion more than ever. I would think their ability to market their television contract in this environment will be extraordinary with everyone paying up for live content.

the smart move for them is to re-up with highest bidder and keep the rest of the sports in the ACC. School can always pivot at a drop of the hat but i'm torn on what incentive they have to join a conference. The bowls will always want them, the playoff will always want them, so not sure where they will be levered into doing something they don't want

part of me thinks ND will be less interested in expansion more than ever. I would think their ability to market their television contract in this environment will be extraordinary with everyone paying up for live content.

the smart move for them is to re-up with highest bidder and keep the rest of the sports in the ACC. School can always pivot at a drop of the hat but i'm torn on what incentive they have to join a conference. The bowls will always want them, the playoff will always want them, so not sure where they will be levered into doing something they don't want
My ND grad Uncle is in his 60s.
When his generation dies then ND will consider a conference.
Just like the country is changing politically because of younger people.
Same thing will happen to ND football independence.
They are already pseudo-independent, 5 of their 12 games are scheduled for them.
This year it’s 6 ACC teams. They aren’t too far from joining a conference in football.

My ND grad Uncle is in his 60s.
When his generation dies then ND will consider a conference.
Just like the country is changing politically because of younger people.
Same thing will happen to ND football independence.
They are already pseudo-independent, 5 of their 12 games are scheduled for them.
This year it’s 6 ACC teams. They aren’t too far from joining a conference in football.

Not only 6 ACC teams, they've also started adding MAC cupcakes to the schedule and only have 3 annual games with an active streak.

Independence, as they once thought of it, is dying.

Their biggest question is which annual games stay and which go. Stanford dates back to 1988, not exactly forever. USC I would think is untouchable. Then what of Navy? If ACC can manage to stay at 8 games, do they keep only 2 spots open for flexibility?