Saturday, January 14
Miami @ NC State RSN Noon
North Carolina @ Louisville ESPN 2 PM
Pitt @ Georgia Tech ACCN 3 PM
Virginia @ Florida State ESPN2 4 PM
Duke @ Clemson ACCN 5 PM
Notre Dame @ Syracuse ACCN 7 PM
Wake Forest @ Boston College ESPN2 8 PM

Some interesting games this weekend. Interesting that Miami plays at noon and SU at 7:00 pm and we have to travel to Miami for a Monday night game!

Honestly this is the year to be able to go win the ACCT.
Possible. Look at today. Only three ranked teams and two of them are on the road as underdogs. No real strength at the top of the conference. We could be tied for 2nd place after today.

Possible. Look at today. Only three ranked teams and two of them are on the road as underdogs. No real strength at the top of the conference. We could be tied for 2nd place after today.

Yep. The UVA road game is really the only one that going into it seemed an impossible task even with this group. Everyone else is massively flawed to the point it really is a free for all home or away. Clemson has the best record but honestly that means nothing in the sense of them being beatable or not.

Not closing out that Pitt comeback is going to bite us in the azz. Need to beat them on the road, too.

Things even out. Louisville's guard with a one point lead late in the game and facing zero ball pressure literally just handed/fumbled the ball over at half court for a gimme SU lay up that gave us the go ahead deuce which turned out being the one point margin of victory.

NC State 83, Miami 81 (OT)
UNC 80, Louisville 59
Pitt 71, Ga Tech 60

Virginia 67, FSU 58

Last edited:
Updated ACC:

1. Clemson 7-0
2. Pitt 5-2 (2-0 minigroup; 1-0 vs. GT)
3. Miami 5-2 (1-0; 0-1 vs. GT)
4. UVa 5-2 (1-2)
5/6. WF 5-2 (0-0) + Cuse 5-2 (0-2)
7. NCSU 4-3 (1-0 MG)
8. UNC 4-3 (0-0)
9. Duke 4-3 (0-1)
10. FSU 3-4
11. BC 2-5
12. VT 1-5
13. ND 1-6 (HTH)
14. GT 1-6
15. UL 0-7

UConn lost to St Johns at home today. A couple weeks ago I honestly thought they may be the best team in the country. Today there is a thread on the Boneyard asking if they're still a lock for the tourney. I'm 99% sure they still are, but it's still fun to read that.

UConn lost to St Johns at home today. A couple weeks ago I honestly thought they may be the best team in the country. Today there is a thread on the Boneyard asking if they're still a lock for the tourney. I'm 99% sure they still are, but it's still fun to read that.

Check the Hurley thread :)

11 ranked teams lost on Saturday!

two reactions -

1. talent is pretty evenly distributed in ncaabb

2. in this era of portal and one and dones - constant roster turnover - early season wins and losses are way overvalued, generally...across the sport, who the teams are in november isnt who they are in march in many cases...

the current rankings arent very representative imo

11 ranked teams lost on Saturday!

two reactions -

1. talent is pretty evenly distributed in ncaabb

2. in this era of portal and one and dones - constant roster turnover - early season wins and losses are way overvalued, generally...across the sport, who the teams are in november isnt who they are in march in many cases...

the current rankings arent very representative imo

I miss having a couple non conference games later in the season.

LMAO they really rushed the court for beating Duke. The ACC is putrid.
Duke is the gold standard for the rest of ACC teams. At least now. Let's see if it is still true in 2026. I think Duke has chose the wrong prodigy son. They should have hired that Pitt coach for the long haul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom