North Carolina at Duke, Noon, ESPN2
Liberty at Virginia Tech, Noon, ACC Network
Boston College at Syracuse, 2 p.m., RSN
Pitt at Florida State, 4 p.m., ACC Network
Clemson at Notre Dame, 7:30 p.m., NBC
Louisville at Virginia, 8 p.m., ACC Network [POSTPONED]

1604759815650.png

Last edited:
Crazy... I'm starting to ask myself is this all worth it?

Players are quiting halfway through the season and screwing over their team and fans.

Players are quiting halfway through the season and screwing over their team and fans.
Was listening to the ESPN college sports radio station driving home from work last night. Pack and his guest were talking about this topic and said this is just the beginning of a major storm of players who will be dropping out through the rest of the season.

A lot of the players do not feel loyalty to their coaches, their teammates, their school or the fans of their school. It is just how things are these days.

Expect it and you won't be so disappointed.

Was listening to the ESPN college sports radio station driving home from work last night. Pack and his guest were talking about this topic and said this is just the beginning of a major storm of players who will be dropping out through the rest of the season.

A lot of the players do not feel loyalty to their coaches, their teammates, their school or the fans of their school. It is just how things are these days.

Expect it and you won't be so disappointed.
Wait till the offseason with the new transfer rule. Will be crazy player movement all over the place. I don't think College Football will be the same

Wait till the offseason with the new transfer rule. Will be crazy player movement all over the place. I don't think College Football will be the same
Yes, I have loved college sports since I was a kid and followed it with a passion. Not sure I am still going to be on board with all the changes.

Happy for the players. Hope they enjoy it.

I know baseball was never the same for me once free agency hit and players started moving around all the time selling themselves to the highest bidder. Sad there are so few players any longer who play their whole career for one team.

Yes, I have loved college sports since I was a kid and followed it with a passion. Not sure I am still going to be on board with all the changes.

Happy for the players. Hope they enjoy it.

I know baseball was never the same for me once free agency hit and players started moving around all the time selling themselves to the highest bidder. Sad there are so few players any longer who play their whole career for one team.
Same with me with College Basketball after so many players started leaving after a year or two. I used to be mostly an SU Basketball fan and became more into the Football team for the past 15 years and I think a big part of it was players regularly being around for at least 3 and as many as 5 years.

Hopefully it is just a one year issue due to Covid. Next season would a kid really pull this? if I were a coach I wouldn't let you use my facilities if you quit mid season. This year you kind of have to because of Covid. So if you know you will lose training facilities and it will look bad to NFL teams that you quit, gotta think that kids won't even try.

Loyalty goes both ways. Players only doing what coaches and administrators have done for decades. This is balance at last.
We'll they don't have a draft for coaches and Administrators but I get it. Similar but not the same. One is a kid still developing as a player and adult hoping for a NFL career but getting the benefits of a 4 yr degree and even a Master's if it doesn't pan out. The other is in a career.

Hopefully it is just a one year issue due to Covid. Next season would a kid really pull this? if I were a coach I wouldn't let you use my facilities if you quit mid season. This year you kind of have to because of Covid. So if you know you will lose training facilities and it will look bad to NFL teams that you quit, gotta think that kids won't even try.

Without taking any sides (I don't have the energy), this thread is about to jump into a lot of things.

COVID, paying players, why do coaches make so much when they can just up and leave to something better but the players can't.

Grab some popcorn. It's a broken system. But still a fun game to watch. (when most of your favorite team isn't hurt).

This wouldn't happen in a non COVID year. This is all an anomaly.

You don't have to let them use the athletic facilities if they are no longer on any school teams. They can use the Barnes center and other facilities that are for the students.

Yes and no. But guys might transfer to not actually play if they think the grass is greener. And noone likes to transfer down in competition unless they have no chance of playing.

Passing up playing time that you earned has its risks.

I think what you are missing is how much that 'redshirt' transfer year helped guys and gave them a leg up on incoming freshmen when competiting for jobs. That is what will no longer exist.

But this can't really get worse at the high profile positions at the major schools look at all the recent Heisman winning QB transfers none of whom were recruited by their schools.

Sucks we can’t get flexed to the late ACCN slot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom