Acc legends | Syracusefan.com

Acc legends

The guy has significantly reformed his life post prison. He’s been quite a stand up person post and is revered for his work in the animal community nowadays.

I guess you’re just a poster boy whom has never done anything wrong.

It wasn't just one dog or one incident it was multiple dogs over years of time. He got off easy and it's a shame cruelty to animals is not punished more harshly.

It wasn't just one dog or one incident it was multiple dogs over years of time. He got off easy and it's a shame cruelty to animals is not punished more harshly.

Two things can be simultaneously true:

1) The sentence he got was too lenient, and we don’t punish animal cruelty severely enough.

2) Vick appears to have come out a changed man who is doing a lot of good work in the animal community.

Exactly one of those things was in Vick’s control, yet some people (like you) want to hold the first against him for eternity. As a life tip, it is entirely possible to forgive and NOT forget - I don’t think you’ll struggle with the not forgetting part, so your focus should be on developing the forgiving part.

Caught mcnabb and Vick on the panel.

not Only a huge mcnabb fan, but graves was his idle when he was a kid.

that one decision started the slide. Imagine Vick and freeney on the same team

damn

The slide was likely inevitable due to the lack of resources being allocated to football - but Vick coming might have put football in a position where the politics of the first ACC expansion play out differently and Syracuse gets in. That would have changed the last two decades in an uncountable number of ways, good and bad.

The slide was likely inevitable due to the lack of resources being allocated to football - but Vick coming might have put football in a position where the politics of the first ACC expansion play out differently and Syracuse gets in. That would have changed the last two decades in an uncountable number of ways, good and bad.
Miami and BC got in on the first round of ACC expansion and they have both been rather forgettable most years since. SU had a tough mountain to climb regardless what conference they were in. The hole dug by the university mismanaging athletics was to big to be saved quickly at that point.

1) The sentence he got was too lenient, and we don’t punish animal cruelty severely enough.

2) Vick appears to have come out a changed man who is doing a lot of good work in the animal community.

Exactly one of those things was in Vick’s control, yet some people (like you) want to hold the first against him for eternity. As a life tip, it is entirely possible to forgive and NOT forget - I don’t think you’ll struggle with the not forgetting part, so your focus should be on developing the forgiving part.

Well bless your heart... Love how you twist things to make it look like I am the one with a problem not the guy who tortured, was cruel and made dogs fight and kill on a daily basis while under his care. Like I said it was one instance, you have to be one sick bastard to do it over and over again. There is no forgiveness for those kind of actions...

In order to not take this off topic I will not be responding again in this thread.

Caught mcnabb and Vick on the panel.

not Only a huge mcnabb fan, but graves was his idle when he was a kid.

that one decision started the slide. Imagine Vick and freeney on the same team

damn

yeah that would have been an unreal duo. Just two game changers on offense and defense that could dominate a game pretty much on their own. Was always amazed at how fast Vick was and how he could literally flick the ball 60 yards, was unreal

The guy has significantly reformed his life post prison. He’s been quite a stand up person post and is revered for his work in the animal community nowadays.

I guess you’re just a poster boy whom has never done anything wrong.
I am glad he is saying and doing the right things. I have limits. Systematic animal abuse is not something I can get beyond. I cannot think about or discuss Vick without acknowledging his atrocities. You win the forgiveness contest.

Two things can be true.

1) I can forgive MV.

2) I can be glad he didn’t come here, because even if he straightened up, his indiscretions would always be associated with my alma mater.

Imagine if OJ came to Syracuse. The juice/Orangeman/not a murderer.

Cmon with the Vick sliding doors. I guess we can assume anyone who was a scumbag, had he come to Syracuse, would remain clean and pious. Certainly didn't work for Marvin "the Godfather" Harrison.

Cmon with the Vick sliding doors. I guess we can assume anyone who was a scumbag, had he come to Syracuse, would remain clean and pious. Certainly didn't work for Marvin "the Godfather" Harrison.
Leave OJ alone. I guess you’re just a poster boy whom has never done anything wrong.

Nobody is assuming anything. People are saying the possibility exists. Are you suggesting that changing a sphere of influence has no chance of having an impact?

At the time of his recruitment we all wanted him. He would have at the very least delayed our slide.

I would have felt some shame had he come here and then been found to have done what he did. Probably no more shame, however, than having a former player kill his estranged wife.

It wasn't just one dog or one incident it was multiple dogs over years of time. He got off easy and it's a shame cruelty to animals is not
Leave OJ alone. I guess you’re just a poster boy whom has never done anything wrong.
Difference between people whom have done their time, returned to society and seemingly are trying to give back in repentance, versus, an OJ. Come on now.

I really like that 1999 team with Vick at QB.

I suspect we maul Michigan at the Dome that year.

I really like that 1999 team with Vick at QB.

I suspect we maul Michigan at the Dome that year.
That would have been wonderful, but I still feel after he graduated the total mis-management of the athletic programs, specifically football would have left us in a hole and years behind the steps our peers at the time had taken. We were doomed from the start with football facilities that were comparable to some good high school programs at the time. It would have been fun when it lasted though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom