ACC Relocating it's Headquarters to Charlotte | Syracusefan.com

ACC Relocating it's Headquarters to Charlotte

Stern

All American
Hey, we got an airport, an Amazon HUB, and Dino BBQ. Come on up to Syracuse! We can even have Wegmans replace Bojangles as a big TV sponsor on the ACC Network. Bring the ACC to Onondaga County (screw the aquarium)

I would think Charlotte or South Florida/Miami area has to be top of their list.

If the ACC is anything like the IOC they will take bribes from cities looking to win the bid for the headquarters. Syracuse needs to put together a bid that can be said no to. ;)

I hope for Washington DC. To get it out of Carolina. And i feel like it’s a very easy location, huge hub and in the middle of the eastern seaboard practically.

Second choice would be Charlotte.

I don’t like Atlanta. That’s SEC country, doesn’t make since. Obviously NYC is great, we are biased though. Not sure it makes the most sense for the conference. Florida is the same as NYC but for the southern teams. I think you stay Charlotte or DC, easy commute for all involved.

Have to believe it will be either Charlotte, NC or Washington, DC. Atlanta, GA and a couple of cities in FL meet the criteria but don't resonate as well as Charlotte or DC.

Agreed. Charlotte or DC. Both have a major hub. Easy access to all schools via air from both. DC is more diverse. If they really want to make a splash, though, move to NYC.

For Football Charlotte makes the most sense. Given weather and proximity to the majority of the football schools.

For Basketball DC makes the most sense. Easier to get to for most BBall fans.

I think DC is the bigger stage so maybe the ACC should move there and have the ACC CG at Fedex and ACC Tourney at Capital One.

Raleigh-Durham would be the most logical choice with a good size and growing metro and 3 teams in the Triangle but it will probably be Charlotte.
Which airport is bigger and more important? I haven't lived in NC in this century and so do not know. Charlotte is more important in most ways, such as banking.

For Football Charlotte makes the most sense. Given weather and proximity to the majority of the football schools.

For Basketball DC makes the most sense. Easier to get to for most BBall fans.

I think DC is the bigger stage so maybe the ACC should move there and have the ACC CG at Fedex and ACC Tourney at Capital One.
Not with Maryland in the Big Ten.

I hope for Washington DC. To get it out of Carolina. And i feel like it’s a very easy location, huge hub and in the middle of the eastern seaboard practically.

Second choice would be Charlotte.

I don’t like Atlanta. That’s SEC country, doesn’t make since. Obviously NYC is great, we are biased though. Not sure it makes the most sense for the conference. Florida is the same as NYC but for the southern teams. I think you stay Charlotte or DC, easy commute for all involved.
Atlanta is truly SEC country. NY is not, and never will be, ACC country, because in NY pro sports are about 20 times more important than college sports.

A college conference that puts its headquarters in a 100% pro sports town is signaling that it knows it can never be anything but 2nd or 3rd or 4th fiddle.