ACC Love | Syracusefan.com

ACC Love

T

tee1222

Who's with my thoughts on this? Sure, we lost a little tradition and rivalries even though some might be "rekindled" down the road time. But Big10 ACC challenge has been fun to watch and conference games already feel like there's excitement building up, looking forward to Duke, UNC, Miami and company.

So far so good in my opinion, and we seem to have gained momentum, looking better against stronger comps then the first few games. We really do play to our competition, but I think we've learn a few things and the defense has improved a ton.

More excitement en route to tourney I'm sure, and I think this team can pull off another April run.

Who's with my thoughts on this? Sure, we lost a little tradition and rivalries even though some might be "rekindled" down the road time. But Big10 ACC challenge has been fun to watch and conference games already feel like there's excitement building up, looking forward to Duke, UNC, Miami and company.

So far so good in my opinion, and we seem to have gained momentum, looking better against stronger comps then the first few games. We really do play to our competition, but I think we've learn a few things and the defense has improved a ton.

More excitement en route to tourney I'm sure, and I think this team can pull off another April run.
They had me at 2003

The ACC is stronger then its being given credit for - not an excess of duds.

Based on Ken Pom:
6 teams in top 31
9 teams in top 55
14 teams in top 94
Worst team is #105

Compare that to the 15 team ACC to the 15 team Big East last year:

6 teams in top 37 (although 4 in top 12, vs just 2 for ACC this year)
9 teams in top 47
Only 1 other team in top 100 (so 14 ACC vs 10 Big East)
5 teams below #100.

The Big East actually had more duds last year than the ACC has this year.

The ACC is stronger then its being given credit for - not an excess of duds.

Based on Ken Pom:
6 teams in top 31
9 teams in top 55
14 teams in top 94
Worst team is #105

Compare that to the 15 team ACC to the 15 team Big East last year:

6 teams in top 37 (although 4 in top 12, vs just 2 for ACC this year)
9 teams in top 47
Only 1 other team in top 100 (so 14 ACC vs 10 Big East)
5 teams below #100.

The Big East actually had more duds last year than the ACC has this year.
Last year's Big East did have more duds, but having a full 1/3 of the top 12 is sick, and I think it was actually a bit down last year when compared to a few previous years.

An aside: I will always miss the old Big East. I know it's been a long time since it existed, but a league with 8 teams that sends 3 to the final four at one point is awesome. The double round robin format made for great rivalries. G-town was the team we hated, but I was emotionally invested when we played everyone in the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom