ACC Meetings ... | Syracusefan.com

ACC Meetings ...

IMO any rivalry that has more games played than years the ACC has existed (69) should be preserved.

SU- Pitt
BC- None
Clemson- Wake, NC State, GA Tech
Duke- UNC, Wake, GA Tech, NC State, UVA
FSU- None
GA Tech- Duke, Clemson
Louisville- None
Miami- None
UNC- UVA, Wake, Duke, NC State
NC State- Wake, UNC, Clemson, Duke
Pitt- SU
UVA- UNC, VA Tech, Duke
VA Tech- UVA
Wake- NC State, UNC, Duke, Clemson

So that would mean 5 teams for everyone. You can fill in the rest with other rivalries like FSU-Miami. Then matchup whomever is left.

So with 5+ you would play everyone 3x over 8 years. Pretty close to home and away every 5 years.

Maybe to make it easier to knock out Duke-UVA. Make it a 75 game rule? With 4+ you play everyone 4x over 9 years. I would hate to see a 2+ or 3-5/5 as it is knocking out games played 75+ times.

Would adding a team, allow the ACC to renegotiate their ESPN deal?

Memphis:
Basketball pedigree - Check
Media market - Check
Contiguous state - Check
Easily available - Check
FedEx money - Bonus
Tail wagging the dog yet again. Barf.

Tail wagging the dog yet again. Barf.
I realize she's not the head cheerleader; but, Prom's getting close, and other options are swiftly being snatched up. I wouldn't mind pairing the Tigers with West Virginia, go to Sixteen and call it a day.

Are they trying to tell us something here with 2-6-6? 3-5-5 is the scheduling format for 14 teams, which the ACC has now. 2-6-6 is the format for 15 teams. Hmm.
Yeah, just coming to post this.

That math doesn't add up, Pete. At least with the current configuration of the ACC.

1652135130436.gif

I've been talking about 2-6-6 as a way to get around finding a 16th team if (when?) ...
Makes so much sense in lieu of a no brainer 16th team to take

Is there any team in the ACC with 3 MUST HAVE rivalry games? I feel like most only have 1 or 2 in conference

Makes so much sense in lieu of a no brainer 16th team to take

Is there any team in the ACC with 3 MUST HAVE rivalry games? I feel like most only have 1 or 2 in conference
No one really has 3 absolutely, positively must-have games. It's easy to pick 3rd teams for a bunch, but I think they'd have no problems dropping one.

UNC will get Duke, NC State, and UVa (I can already hear the howls of the Wolfpack when they get dropped under 2-6-6)
Duke will get UNC, Georgia Tech, and Wake (Duke will have to really think this one over. The reasons for Wake are obvious, but Duke has played Georgia Tech every year since 1937.)

Memphis:
Media market - Check
Contiguous state - Check
Easily available - Check
FedEx money - Bonus

Can't seem them even making it to the table. There is precedent of someone about to move to a conference and going elsewhere (TCU). If the ACC were going to 15 now, they should take UCF #1. The 2nd choice should be Cincinnati. I would take West Virginia next. Then Temple. Then Memphis. Then UConn.

No one really has 3 absolutely, positively must-have games. It's easy to pick 3rd teams for a bunch, but I think they'd have no problems dropping one.

UNC will get Duke, NC State, and UVa (I can already hear the howls of the Wolfpack when they get dropped under 2-6-6)
Duke will get UNC, Georgia Tech, and Wake (Duke will have to really think this one over. The reasons for Wake are obvious, but Duke has played Georgia Tech every year since 1937.)
64 billion dollar question(Adjusted for inflation) is who plays ND? Clemson, FSU, Miami, Pitt?

64 billion dollar question(Adjusted for inflation) is who plays ND? Clemson, FSU, Miami, Pitt?
If ND comes in, they would probably want 2 of Miami and Pitt (mostly likely pair), or Georgia Tech, the three ACC teams they played the most before they signed the agreement, Playing BC (who they like to call "Fredo") is also a possibility, but I think they'd be a bit disappointed about it.

If ND comes in, they would probably want 2 of Miami and Pitt (mostly likely pair), or Georgia Tech, the three ACC teams they played the most before they signed the agreement, Playing BC (who they like to call "Fredo") is also a possibility, but I think they'd be a bit disappointed about it.
We call them that, too.

Or at least I do.

Memphis:
Media market - Check
Contiguous state - Check
Easily available - Check
FedEx money - Bonus
WVU would be the best addition. They draw VG TV numbers and their fans travel. Also built in rivalries.

Are they trying to tell us something here with 2-6-6? 3-5-5 is the scheduling format for 14 teams, which the ACC has now. 2-6-6 is the format for 15 teams. Hmm.
Well, Thamel at times is an idiot, he reminds of a semi-high IQ girl who also is giddy and batty and gets easily confused.

Or maybe the ACC is adding somebody if that gets a decent contract adjustment.

Both FSU and Miami will oppose UCF, fiercely. WVU has the largest football and basketball fan bases we could get. Cincy has the best location in terms of its state and its local TV market, and Cincy is in the midwest. If Fox gets all BT games, ESPN is going to need Cincy in the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom