ACC Network gone again | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network gone again

upperdeck

Living Legend
Did i miss the talk in some other thread about Direct/ ATT Now and Uverse looking at not signing a new contract to keep ESPN by the end of the month?

I read that AT&T is renegotiating their contract with Disney/ESPN, since the original contract expires at the end of September. I’m on a legacy DirectvNOW account and I’m still holding out hope that they include the network before the end of the month. Don’t want to switch providers.

But don’t expect it on U-Verse. That platform is being sunset by AT&T, as they’re moving in the direction of 3 services only - DirecTV, AT&T TV NOW, and AT&T Live.

I moved into a new apt complex a few months ago and UVerse is the primary carrier that they advertise but you can still have Spectrum. I didn't even consider UVerse. My friends who had it were constantly losing the signal and when I go to the exercise room that has UVerse, the signal goes out literally every 5 minutes. Never seen anything like it. Just babbling - this doesn't really add anything to the conversation.

its a bigger issue though if the entire ESPN suite goes away and about 20 other disney channels and a ton of locals.

So I got DirecTV my understanding is Disney is demanding the ACCN be on the regular package just like the SECN.

That is causing a problem with negotiations. So the entire Disney platform will be gone off directv starting Friday.

I am okay with DirecTV as I know they will cave to Disney eventually. Either ACCN will become equal to SECN or every channel will be gone for a while.

So I got DirecTV my understanding is Disney is demanding the ACCN be on the regular package just like the SECN.

That is causing a problem with negotiations. So the entire Disney platform will be gone off directv starting Friday.

I am okay with DirecTV as I know they will cave to Disney eventually. Either ACCN will become equal to SECN or every channel will be gone for a while.
The ACCN is on the same sports package as the SECN and the BTN.

I guess I am as I'm in a state with four of them. :rolleyes:
I am fine as well.
My family up in RI doesn’t have ACCN but they have SECN.
These negotiations will take care of that. As directv and Disney will negotiate and settle in the middle most likely.

Here's my two cents - or $2 bill as the case may be - I think ESPN+ is a trial balloon from Disney for the purpose of working out kinks with a direct to consumer streaming platform and to measure subscriber response before going direct with their entire package. It won't be surprise me to see them tell content providers sooner rather than later to either pay their price or find out what it's like to compete.

Nice crowd its weird to see that stadium full.

But remember seeing the Heels to a Wake fan is like seeing the Canes in the Dome to us. I hate the crossover so much. Swap Miami and Lville and get rid of it.

Nice crowd its weird to see that stadium full.

But remember seeing the Heels to a Wake fan is like seeing the Canes in the Dome to us. I hate the crossover so much. Swap Miami and Lville and get rid of it.
What do you think of a 9 game conference schedule that allows you to play every cross division team at least every three years?

What do you think of a 9 game conference schedule that allows you to play every cross division team at least every three years?
Clemson and Florida State are why the ACC won’t go to 9 conference games unless the SEC does it as well.

Clemson and Florida State play SEC in-state rivals and Notre Dame every 3 years.
They can’t play 7 home games every year with this schedule and 9 conference games.

I think we do it as soon as the SEC does but not before. It means only 1 attractive OOC game though.

I'd rather just do away with the crossover. You guys probably love yours since you can close the gap on the alltime series with GT (which will take 2 decades.)

I wish our AD got us UVA when Maryland was leaving so sick of Pitt in both sports.

I totally agree about not doing it until the SEC does. I was just wondering what y'all... I mean you guys ... thought about it.

Seven home games is great for the athletic dept bank account but not so much for the fans who have to drive long distances to get to the games. Most of us ditch at least one FCS game each year and just hope we can get a decent price for our tickets. What a lot of people don't realize is that, at Clemson, we're required to donate about $115 per seat, per game each year to earn the privilege of buying a $350 season ticket to sit in that seat.

And the donation requirement is going up next year.

I totally agree about not doing it until the SEC does. I was just wondering what y'all... I mean you guys ... thought about it.

Seven home games is great for the athletic dept bank account but not so much for the fans who have to drive long distances to get to the games. Most of us ditch at least one FCS game each year and just hope we can get a decent price for our tickets. What a lot of people don't realize is that, at Clemson, we're required to donate about $115 per seat, per game each year to earn the privilege of buying a $350 season ticket to sit in that seat.

I would prefer the ACC scrap divisions and ACC adopt the 3+5+5 model. Where you play 3 teams every year as traditional rivals. Then rotate the 10 teams over 4 years 5 home/home years 1 and 2 and the other 5 home/home years 3 and 4.

Top 2 teams would then play in the conference title game regardless of divisions.

I am 100% in favor of any change that will result in more cross division games being played. It is ridiculous to be in the same conference as other schools and only see them play at them at the Dome once every 12 years.

We play ND more than 6 teams in the Coastal. We play Army more. Heck, we play Western Michigan more. That is crazy.

Update: Disney and AT&T agreed to a temporary extension to keep the Disney content on DirectTV.

Hoping they come to an agreement shortly and it includes adding ACCN to UVerse and giving ACCN the same national treatment afforded SECN and B1GN. Given the number of subscribers AT&T has, this is going to be huge in terms of revenue impact for ACC schools...

Update: Disney and AT&T agreed to a temporary extension to keep the Disney content on DirectTV.

Hoping they come to an agreement shortly and it includes adding ACCN to UVerse and giving ACCN the same national treatment afforded SECN and B1GN. Given the number of subscribers AT&T has, this is going to be huge in terms of revenue impact for ACC schools...
And here I rescanned my over the air channels last night...just in case ABC disappeared from my DirecTv lineup.;)

I am 100% in favor of any change that will result in more cross division games being played. It is ridiculous to be in the same conference as other schools and only see them play at them at the Dome once every 12 years.
Ditch divisions and go 3-5-5. Top 2 teams play for The championship.

Last edited:
I would prefer the ACC scrap divisions and ACC adopt the 3+5+5 model. Where you play 3 teams every year as traditional rivals. Then rotate the 10 teams over 4 years 5 home/home years 1 and 2 and the other 5 home/home years 3 and 4.

Top 2 teams would then play in the conference title game regardless of divisions.
Ditch divisionist and go 3-5-5. Top 2 teams play for The championship.
I totally agree that 3-5-5 is the way to go. However, we can't do it until D-1 changes the championship game rules. Right now we have to have divisions in order to have a championship game because we don't have an exemption like the Big XII. The SEC and B1G need to realize that A. the ACC is not going to implode, so ther will be no carcass to pick over and B. their teams would probably benefit more from having 3-5-5 than the ACC will. Ped State would only have to play one of Meeshigan and thatOSU each year. Wisconsin would play the eastern teams more often. Bama would only have to play one of the Mississippi teams each year. Georgia would play the western teams more often. Etc.

Looks like Disney has broken AT&T. Great news for the ACC. I bet this means the ACCN will be carried nationally on DirectTV (like inferior products like BTN and SECN), and will be added to UVerse.

Maybe, just maybe revenues for the ACCN per school will exceed $5 million. If we get on the national platform on DirectTV, I think revenues end up closer to $10 million than $5 million, even without Comcast coming on line until next year.