ACC Network is really incompetent | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network is really incompetent

Crusty

Living Legend
After all this time ACCN is unavailable in SC. Clemson fans must be going nuts just like me. Ridiculous.

Depends on the network. You are close to NC right?

Depends on the network. You are close to NC right?
Yes, I’m near the border- Charlotte Metrolina area about 15 miles into SC. I have friends in Columbia and Charleston- they don’t seem to have any issues. Where are u & who’s your provider?

Spectrum North Myrtle Beach. Texas doesn't carry it either.

Spectrum North Myrtle Beach. Texas doesn't carry it either.

You have the Spectrum Silver package?

I pay for the ACC package via ESPN and they said that I am not authorized to see that game.

Yes, You are all right. Here's what I found as a Texas-Cuse.First your provider must be signed on,and that doesn't mean the same company in Rochester has it,you won't necessarily get ACCN. Second you have to be in the ACC footprint or its stuck in limbo and others get it but you don't and Third, They are listing the game in advance as available but it won't play at gametime in an attempt to get you angry enough to call you cable provider.Dallas-Ft. worth Frontier FIOS has a website statement saying ACCN is trying to force them to carry a very expensive piece of programming as a regular station.Fifth cuse.com shows it as a "live"broadcast with a graphic of the stadium but its has only live video of features not games with the game audio during the game(I checked).Sixth I tried the suggested streaming services and the free 5 day trial on Youtube TV works but Sling and Hulu are evasive as to whether they have the low-popularity games(WMI and HC) but You tube TV does.AppleTV with ESPN and Watch ESPN apps will not play it unless you are otherwise authorized. I hope this clears a little confusion,we'll have to see about the next two games after HC as they are ESPN games and not ACCN exclusives.

I pay for the ACC package via ESPN and they said that I am not authorized to see that game.
How does that make any sense? You're in Alaska and you're blacked out.

Yes, You are all right. Here's what I found as a Texas-Cuse.First your provider must be signed on,and that doesn't mean the same company in Rochester has it,you won't necessarily get ACCN. Second you have to be in the ACC footprint or its stuck in limbo and others get it but you don't and Third, They are listing the game in advance as available but it won't play at gametime in an attempt to get you angry enough to call you cable provider.Dallas-Ft. worth Frontier FIOS has a website statement saying ACCN is trying to force them to carry a very expensive piece of programming as a regular station.Fifth cuse.com shows it as a "live"broadcast with a graphic of the stadium but its has only live video of features not games with the game audio during the game(I checked).Sixth I tried the suggested streaming services and the free 5 day trial on Youtube TV works but Sling and Hulu are evasive as to whether they have the low-popularity games(WMI and HC) but You tube TV does.AppleTV with ESPN and Watch ESPN apps will not play it unless you are otherwise authorized. I hope this clears a little confusion,we'll have to see about the next two games after HC as they are ESPN games and not ACCN exclusives.
Thanks for the summary... as a Texas resident this is extremely helpful. I refuse to pay $30/month extra to get access to accn. Guess I’ll be watching a lot fewer Cuse sports.

We will see if I cave during hoops season which has typically been my true love. But then again Cuse hoops has been pretty unwatchable and I’ve found myself watching fewer games even when they are available.

Thanks for the summary... as a Texas resident this is extremely helpful. I refuse to pay $30/month extra to get access to accn. Guess I’ll be watching a lot fewer Cuse sports.

We will see if I cave during hoops season which has typically been my true love. But then again Cuse hoops has been pretty unwatchable and I’ve found myself watching fewer games even when they are available.
Isn’t Cuse/UVA on ACCN? If you can stay strong and not cave there, you might be ok ha.

Remember when Time Warner had all the SU games. Next will be feesnot for air time but air!

Isn’t Cuse/UVA on ACCN? If you can stay strong and not cave there, you might be ok ha.
That will be a tough one... actually it might not that hard given that generally UVA has owned us and the games are pretty ugly.

I’m looking into YouTube tv. I don’t watch much terrestrial tv any more and have long felt that too much of my money is going to Spectrum. I’ll call them to see about cutting the cord.

That will be a tough one... actually it might not that hard given that generally UVA has owned us and the games are pretty ugly.

I’m looking into YouTube tv. I don’t watch much terrestrial tv any more and have long felt that too much of my money is going to Spectrum. I’ll call them to see about cutting the cord.
Highly recommend YTTV. I switched from Sling when they were on the fence about ACCN, & haven’t looked back.

Same for me with Comcast. Im not changing my TV all around just for one channel.

It was odd remote - I couldn't get in through ESPN - had to log in through the ACC app, get redirected to ESPN - give my Verizon log in then I could watch. Odd.

Same for me with Comcast. Im not changing my TV all around just for one channel.
Just FYI, I just read an article noting that there could be as many as Syracuse 9 men’s basketball games on ACCN. Surprised by the loyalty some SU fans are showing to Comcast. Is it because they do a really good job? Is it because you just have no other real choice?

I know I was ready to switch from Spectrum to Verizon at the drop of a hat when it looked like they might not carry ACCN. It was bad enough dealing with all the downgrades and lost services once they took over from Time Warner but after they completely dropped support for SU sports, they became the walking dead for me.

I am lucky though that I live in a neighborhood that has Verizon Fios as a option.

For Sling TV, I have the "Orange" package ($25 per month) and had to add the "Sports" package for an extra $10 per month to get the ACCN and ACCN Extra. I don't know about Sling's "Blue" package. That's in addition to the $49.99 per month I pay for internet access.

Sling's "Sports" package also gives me access to all the ESPN channels (including Big Ten and SEC networks) with the exception of the Longhorn network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom