ACC Network Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s absolutely ludicrous that Comcast carries the SEC, Big 10 and PAC 12 networks in the Northeast but can’t pull the trigger on the ACC.
Agreed. If history is on our side they will. It took them till two weeks before the season to pick up SEC.

Agreed. If history is on our side they will. It took them till two weeks before the season to pick up SEC.
I can't see it not happening. It just makes sense for everyone involved. Again, this is not an outlier- its how every other conference network has gotten carriage in the past.
Obviously, they'll always be the typical knee-jerk, chicken-little types to increase the angst, but that's just par-for-the-course.

[
Isn't it funny that no matter how limited a cable package you get, it includes about 20 QVC channels. It's almost like they get a cut of the sales or something.

Ya think???:)

The QVC channels were all right in the middle of the lineup when I trialed it.

A spectrum rep called me a few months ago asking if I wanted to try the app.

I diplomatically told her it sucked and when I got to the part about the 20 QVC channels that weren't advertised as part of the app but stuck in the middle of the channel lineup... She hung up on me...

Poor girl.

Last edited:
Courtesy of the Miami board. Request to add the ACC network. I live in Texas but was happy to submit on behalf of my dad who is up in the Cuse

—————

Found this link to request Spectrum add a channel, for those who either don't want to call or want to make this request in addition to calling.

Charter Spectrum

PS: You can submit the request through this link repeatedly

Courtesy of the Miami board. Request to add the ACC network. I live in Texas but was happy to submit on behalf of my dad who is up in the Cuse

—————

Found this link to request Spectrum add a channel, for those who either don't want to call or want to make this request in addition to calling.

Charter Spectrum

PS: You can submit the request through this link repeatedly
I just looked at my calendar for tomorrow to see how repetitively annoying I might be on this, and lo and behold

doesnt QVC have like an almost zero carry charge? of course they will carry them if they are given to them for free.

now will new visions ever get the installs done they are 18 months behind on doing..

For the football games that aren't aired live, what's the likelihood that they will be replayed on the ACC Network? What I'm really asking is should we expect a game like SU vs Liberty to ever air on ACCN?

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of Clemson football and storytelling features but should every ACC fan expect to see most of their team's football games either live or in replay?

I want Spectrum to work out a deal asap but if it's this is not going to significantly affect the amount of live Syracuse action and I'm still watching most of the games through ESPN3, then the whole impact of this is kind of diminished.

For the football games that aren't aired live, what's the likelihood that they will be replayed on the ACC Network? What I'm really asking is should we expect a game like SU vs Liberty to ever air on ACCN?

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of Clemson football and storytelling features but should every ACC fan expect to see most of their team's football games either live or in replay?

I want Spectrum to work out a deal asap but if it's this is not going to significantly affect the amount of live Syracuse action and I'm still watching most of the games through ESPN3, then the whole impact of this is kind of diminished.
I would expect at least a couple of football games to be on ACCN each year.

If you’re also into hoops then you will be impacted even more, including the UVA@Syracuse opener this year.

ACC teams will continue to enjoy unprecedented levels of exposure this fall with the launch of the ACC Network (ACCN), the new, 24/7 national platform launching on Thursday, Aug. 22. ACCN’s digital platform ACC Network Extra (ACCNX), will also air more than 400 ACC controlled live events this fall with over 800 hours of programming.

Additionally, beginning on August 22, upon launch of ACCN, ACCNX on the ESPN App will only be available to subscribers with access to ACCN through their pay TV providers.

A. For the football games that aren't aired live, what's the likelihood that they will be replayed on the ACC Network? What I'm really asking is should we expect a game like SU vs Liberty to ever air on ACCN?

A. The home team always owns the rights to the game. It's hard to say whether your Liberty game will be shown on replay since they are hosting SU. It may depend on how much $$$ ESPN offers them.

B. While there is no quota for how many times a team must be on, the ACCN adds a night game slot for an ACC team that wasn't there before. The 7:30 slot for the Pitt-UVa game on 8/31 wasn't there until the ACCN started up.

C. From what I've seen on some other boards, Spectrum seems likely to be the next system to sign on. All of these are going down to the last minute. The same thing happened with the SEC Network.

Last edited:
Could the thread title be named to list all the networks that are picking up the ACCN?

Reactions: gbo
Status
Not open for further replies.