ACC Network Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those in the Cuse area, with traditional or online cable, how many Syracuse football games do you get a year?

I'm considering networking to traditional Syracuse cable, or an online cable, with a Cuse address (proxy if necessary).

Also, if those with KODI experience care to share their experience in regards to Cuse football, that'd be great. (last resort). Thanks

Will Spectrum be carring the ACC network? That’s my cable provider out here in Ohio.

If not will it be on direct TV? I want the ACC Network BAD...

Last edited:
For those in the Cuse area, with traditional or online cable, how many Syracuse football games do you get a year?

I'm considering networking to traditional Syracuse cable, or an online cable, with a Cuse address (proxy if necessary).

Also, if those with KODI experience care to share their experience in regards to Cuse football, that'd be great. (last resort). Thanks
I don’t remember the last Syracuse football game that was not shown live in Syracuse. These days, with the ACCN in place, the only possible issues would be with an out of conference game on the road.

I think we played a B1G team where the game was on the B1G network once or twice. Northwestern in 2013 comes to mind. Those games probably caused the biggest issues in recent years. And road games against schools like UConn and Western Michigan, that will be televised but probably shown on the CBS sports network.

Last edited:
Awesome! So piggy backing off of Cuse cable, seems like a solution.

Iirc, last year's wmu game was on CBS sports network. Was that provided local, or did it require an upgrade to the sports network?

Iirc, last year's wmu game was on CBS sports network. Was that provided local, or did it require an upgrade to the sports network?
Speaking only for myself, I have an el grande package that includes CBS Sports Network, NBC Sports, the B1G, SEC and yes, even the PAC12 networks. So I didn’t have to do anything to get it. I believe others changed their subscription for a day or two to get the game and then went back to normal.

Because we get literally every game via tv or accn, I’ve never tried kodi for Syracuse. I have a reasonably reliable kodi system. I am an orioles and buccaneers fan. I have no issue finding feeds. The question is whether or not those feed will work on a given day. Some days are better than others. Kodi is great for what it is. But reliability isn’t part of the equation. By the time you find a working one, you’re 7,8,9,15 minutes deep into the game.

Because we get literally every game via tv or accn, I’ve never tried kodi for Syracuse. I have a reasonably reliable kodi system. I am an orioles and buccaneers fan. I have no issue finding feeds. The question is whether or not those feed will work on a given day. Some days are better than others. Kodi is great for what it is. But reliability isn’t part of the equation. By the time you find a working one, you’re 7,8,9,15 minutes deep into the game.
Orioles + Bucks? How does that combination happen?

I think you might get a better deal with Youtube TV. They have all the ESPN channels, CBS Sports, NBS Sports, FS1 +2, etc...it appears they don't carry MSG if that matters. Not sure about YES

They carry most of the Syracuse locals. I expect the ACC Network to be added in August.

The Best Live TV Streaming Service in Syracuse, NY – The Streamable

Remember Spectrum will try and hook you with a bundle...but after the introductory pricing---watchout!

My wife and I have cell phones. I haven't had a landline in a decade...don't miss it. Not sure VOIP phone really does anything for me either. I can talk to my military kids overseas via Messenger

Last edited:
Along with the fact Kodi is questionable from a legal stand point.

do they really carry all the syracuse channels on youtube? i thought they carried 3-5-9-24-43-68 but the subs were national feeds so things on 3.2 and 5.2 etc are not on?

I know several people who switched to streaming and already switched back to cable, not worth the effort for the lower quality streams and DVR issues. let alone the price creep is already happening on hulu and youtube and probably gets worse the more people buy in.

do they really carry all the syracuse channels on youtube? i thought they carried 3-5-9-24-43-68 but the subs were national feeds so things on 3.2 and 5.2 etc are not on?

I know several people who switched to streaming and already switched back to cable, not worth the effort for the lower quality streams and DVR issues. let alone the price creep is already happening on hulu and youtube and probably gets worse the more people buy in.
No you only get the main OTA channels. If it is a really big deal to you can set up an antenna. Lower quality video streams IMHO are the issue of your Internet. Youtube TV isn't the answer for everyone...you need to do your own research. I enjoy saving $80 a month with minimal compromises for my viewing habits.

but that all depends on where you live.. if you are more than 15-20 miles south of syracuse you will not get OTA with an antenna to work in many areas especially if you live down 81.

but that all depends on where you live.. if you are more than 15-20 miles south of syracuse you will not get OTA with an antenna to work in many areas especially if you live down 81.
My camp is 80+ miles to the towers and I usually get all the Syracuse channels. All about the typography.

To be clear, I'd only be piggy backing Cuse cable, and networking it 400 miles away. Sounds like I'd still have to get CBS sports, etc.. but may grab more games. Free, (minus device)

Certain Kodi would work, but don't like the gray area.

Pretty simple to use a 7 day trial, for the channels I don't have.

As far as streaming quality. It's your internet, or setup. If it's not football, I find most network television a waste of time. Most of what I stream is 4 times the resolution of cable. Cable is blurry lego people. Watch enough 4k, then watch someone else's cable, and you'll say "what the heck is wrong with your TV".

**If your streaming is poor, you are not one of the 33 million people that have it set up properly.

Last edited:

Hulu had a Black Friday deal last year...$0.99 a month for the entire year. I jumped on it.

Will be interesting to see if they do that again.

YouTube TV gets me almost every Syracuse FB and BB game. I DVR all of them (no limit) and can rewatch them, whenever.

The issue that ACCN should help with is when the CW picks up a BB game locally resulting in a blackout on YouTube TV. VPN can help with that but can be a pain.

YouTube TV gets me almost every Syracuse FB and BB game. I DVR all of them (no limit) and can rewatch them, whenever.

The issue that ACCN should help with is when the CW picks up a BB game locally resulting in a blackout on YouTube TV. VPN can help with that but can be a pain.
Am I correct in saying that will never happen again with the Raycom thing ending in favor of accn?

Am I correct in saying that will never happen again with the Raycom thing ending in favor of accn?

If Raycom is no longer distributing games, then there won't be games on either Ch 3 or Ch 6 anymore.

That won't happen after August ... Raycom's out. Except for a few outliers that have already been distributed, there is no more "regional distribution" to CW, MSG, Fox and other Raycom pets. Incidentally, I think the blackouts occur when local/regional carriers acquired game rights ... so other carriers competing within that carrier's FCC broadcast area are blacked out. That's all going bye bye with the ACCN. It's now a discrete cable channel owned by ESPN and the conference, so games aren't going to be shopped around.

Last edited:
are we sure about this? the b10 has multiple channels on directv and even then not all the games are on the b10 network all the time. some are streaming and some were on the regionals for bball this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.