ACC Network Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can tell, he has no education background or experience in the field. At least they didn’t hire the other guy in that video, who looks and talks like he is NASCAR’s biggest fan.
I think he'll do a great job in this role.

1: my over/under on the amount of Newhouse grads added to the new ACC Network

you taking the under/over or push?
I’ll take the over. But mainly as a technicality (they will need competent producers and announcers for all the FH and soccer games they plan on airing...)

I’ll take the over. But mainly as a technicality (they will need competent producers and announcers for all the FH and soccer games they plan on airing...)
All the Olympic sports will probably have the same announcers they have now...students. ;)

I think he'll do a great job in this role.
He appears to speak well so he has that going for him...

Reactions: gbo
Here's how fiber Gig service works. You put 20 or so subscribers on a blade. That blade is only capable of 2.4Gig. it's not a problem, because no home owner will ever use that gig..

I've put in gigabit fiber rings, for enormous corporate backbones, to serve 3000 IT personnel and hundreds of sateliite offices. Server rooms a half acre. Guess what? They still don't use the whole Gig.

Know what you are paying for.

Sage advice. One caveat, my provider limits monthly data. Naturally, the slower speeds have very small data limits, as the speed increases, the data limit increases, as does the monthly bill.

Is A cable provider, not THE
It's the biggest cable provider in Onondaga County. And since most people can't get Verizon because of where they live and most people just don't want a dish nailed to their home, if Spectrum/Charter doesn't have the ACC Network a lot of fans are gonna be upset and in the dark.

You want to play semantics go for it, but my point was made very clear and everyone understood it.

It's the biggest cable provider in Onondaga County. And since most people can't get Verizon because of where they live and most people just don't want a dish nailed to their home, if Spectrum/Charter doesn't have the ACC Network a lot of fans are gonna be upset and in the dark.

You want to play semantics go for it, but my point was made very clear and everyone understood it.

Depending on line of site satellite dishes don't have to be mounted on your house.

If Charter/Spectrum does not carry the ACCN, they are going to lose a lot of customers to Verizon and DirectTV.

They might not care. There has been no interest in a relationship between SU and Charter/Spectrum since they took over from Time Warner, who was a great partner for the university.

I know if we get to late July and Charter/Spectrum has not announced plans to carry ACCN, I am switching to Verizon. Charter/Spectrum, you are on the clock...

If Charter/Spectrum does not carry the ACCN, they are going to lose a lot of customers to Verizon and DirectTV.

They might not care. There has been no interest in a relationship between SU and Charter/Spectrum since they took over from Time Warner, who was a great partner for the university.

I know if we get to late July and Charter/Spectrum has not announced plans to carry ACCN, I am switching to Verizon. Charter/Spectrum, you are on the clock...

Point being here though - if you live in the city you can't get Verizon. My fingers are still crossed for YouTubeTV

And with YTTV carrying the Big Ten and SEC Networks... I feel good about it coming to YTTV

It's not just with SU. The Time Warner local sports channel here in KC used to be really good. I hardly watch it now since Charter has taken over. They laid off many people and used to have a bunch of different shows and cut a lot of those.

And with YTTV carrying the Big Ten and SEC Networks... I feel good about it coming to YTTV
I think the cord cutter alternatives like YTTV are going to be the biggest beneficiaries if companies like Charter/Spectrum are dumb enough to not carry ACCN. Normally, I would think this would be a no-brainer given how Charter/Spectrum TV customers are largely concentrated in ACC areas. But I am not sure if the management at Charter/Spectrum have brains.

Have you tried sling?
I have an antenna for local sports, and I only get sling for ESPN/college football. Otherwise, I watch no Network television. Until I can just get ESPN/ACCN as a stand alone, it's my cheapest option. It was $20, they may have upped it to 25. I'm not going to watch commercials if it isn't for football.
If you are only doing it for espn, wouldnt their service be the better option for like $5 a month?

I think the cord cutter alternatives like YTTV are going to be the biggest beneficiaries if companies like Charter/Spectrum are dumb enough to not carry ACCN. Normally, I would think this would be a no-brainer given how Charter/Spectrum TV customers are largely concentrated in ACC areas. But I am not sure if the management at Charter/Spectrum have brains.

Will the new ACCN also be bundled into the the streaming offerings of espn+ , as the halfbaked ACCN currently is?

I get that now for $5 a month.

If not, hopefully Youtube tv adds it. That's my provider... Plus their lineup is sports-heavy and already has BTN.

Will the new ACCN also be bundled into the the streaming offerings of espn+ , as the halfbaked ACCN currently is?

If not, hopefully Youtube tv adds it. That's my provider... Plus their lineup is sports-heavy and already has BTN.
In looking at ESPN+ it says no Monday night football. No SEC network etc... Is that correct? If so I have to think ACCN won't be provided - to protect the partnerships they've made.

YTTV already carries the other conference networks. You can bet they will carry the ACCN too.

You will not get ACC Network Extra with just a subscription to ESPN+. Access to linear ESPN channels requires a paid TV subscription or a subscribing to a streaming alternative like YTTV.

YTTV already carries the other conference networks. You can bet they will carry the ACCN too.

You will not get ACC Network Extra with just a subscription to ESPN+. Access to linear ESPN channels requires a paid TV subscription or a subscribing to a streaming alternative like YTTV.

Hope you're right... YTTV just added HGTV, Food Network and Discovery, and are raising rates by $10/mo. next month.

It's not just with SU. The Time Warner local sports channel here in KC used to be really good. I hardly watch it now since Charter has taken over. They laid off many people and used to have a bunch of different shows and cut a lot of those.
I've posted on Charter before and will keep my rant brief. Suffice it to say its BOD is soulless. There's no sense of place. No responsibility or connection to any "community". It's just a cash register. That's why the NY PSC has fined them 10's of millions of dollars and tried to kick them out of the state. If they mess with SU/ACCN, I'll be happy to lead the torch parade.

Last edited:
I've posted on Charter before and will keep my rant brief. Suffice it to say its BOD is soulless. There's no sense of place. No responsibility or connection to any "community". It's just a cash register. That's why the NY PSC has fined them 10's of millions of dollars and tried to kick them out of the state. If they mess with SU/ACCN, I'll be happy to lead the torch parade.
Just join the 1 out of 3 households that get what they want, over the internet.

Reed, YoutubeTV is great. You will get your Rochester locals. If you travel or go to a lake house it travels with you (as long as you have WiFi or internet wired in.

Status
Not open for further replies.