ACC Network Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides having the broadcasters and support, part of Newhouse's $18 million renovations involved adding the ability to broadcast from each venue-with multiple cameras(fiber to studio). Its possible they may be the only school that has both the network infrastructure, as well as available broadcasters. They were also involved in the production of the ACCN extra, so there is also the experience. Kinda makes sense, til the other universities have the ability.

We can be the new Raycom! Newhouse rules!

Sorry. We aren't rid of the old Raycom yet.

Maybe so, but this might be something useful that they can actually do. Another company (Avid) is doing the integration ... so hopefully RC doesn't screw it up by overcharging. The one drawback is that their inventory is probably mostly tobacco-stained.

Surely old Big East games can get digitized too? Don't ya think the Tobacco Mafia fans would want to see old Cuse games versus Penn State and Georgetown? LOL

and there is no good way to flip between games on any of the apps.
The ESPN App on AppleTV lets you watch multiple ESPN streams concurrently (split screen). You can switch between them to select which gets the audio.

Surely old Big East games can get digitized too? Don't ya think the Tobacco Mafia fans would want to see old Cuse games versus Penn State and Georgetown? LOL

Syracuse vs. Georgetown, sure (I might even watch a couple).
Nobody wants to watch any team play Penn State in hoops.

Syracuse vs. Georgetown, sure (I might even watch a couple).
Nobody wants to watch any team play Penn State in hoops.
That would be in Football for Ped State...love the 1987 game

That would be in Football for Ped State...love the 1987 game
I would hope that all the games Syracuse played before they joined the BE for basketball, and later football should be fair game for the ACC archive. Same goes for Pitt, BC, VT and Miami.

Who owns content shown years ago? I would guess the network where it first aired?

In that case, ESPN/ABC would own almost all the old televised SU football and basketball games, when they were an independent, when they were in the Big East and now as a member of the ACC. CBS televised a couple of games a year for basketball when we were in the BE. And I think NBC used to televise a few basketball games in the 1970s and 1980s (Bucky Walters, Billy Packer and Marv Albert were involved).

I wonder if the ACC could buy those games back? I wonder if any of them still even exist in good condition?

Not sure if this is new or not but saw it on twitter.

D6oWf8LWAAA69Lg.jpg:large

I would hope that all the games Syracuse played before they joined the BE for basketball, and later football should be fair game for the ACC archive. Same goes for Pitt, BC, VT and Miami.

Who owns content shown years ago? I would guess the network where it first aired?

In that case, ESPN/ABC would own almost all the old televised SU football and basketball games, when they were an independent, when they were in the Big East and now as a member of the ACC. CBS televised a couple of games a year for basketball when we were in the BE. And I think NBC used to televise a few basketball games in the 1970s and 1980s (Bucky Walters, Billy Packer and Marv Albert were involved).

I wonder if the ACC could buy those games back? I wonder if any of them still even exist in good condition?
As there is no more BE football, I would assume that rights would have reverted to the Home teams of the games. The current BE should be very helpful in ACC attempts to gain rights to at least the old BE Home games of current ACC members. The BE might want to get back with ESPN and leave Fox behind.

No Syracuse games. Week 3 we're on ABC. Week 2, since we're playing on the road at MD, probably B1G NW. Week 1 would be Liberty. I checked their website and no TV is listed.
Liberty is an ACC property. I'm guessing either ESPNU or ESPN+. Maryland could be ESPN, Fox or BTN

More game times and networks will be announced over the next month or so

Any news on Spectrum or other cable providers picking up the ACC network?

Kind of disappointed they won't have coaches shows. Hard to understand, as they were very popular. And I also wonder how ACC Extra will work this time. Will it be frustrating blackouts and monthly fees again (on top of already sky-high cable charges) ... or will there be better access?
Yeah. It'd be nice if they had a football round up show. Games, highlights, etc. Another with 15 min coach interviews, etc... Hopefully, no coach shows just means no in studio break down of film, etc. But we still get some tidbits .

Yeah. It'd be nice if they had a football round up show. Games, highlights, etc. Another with 15 min coach interviews, etc... Hopefully, no coach shows just means no in studio break down of film, etc. But we still get some tidbits .
It's not like they don't have room for the content either ... the ACCN will be on 24/7. Hopefully they reconsider this, if it isn't already in the mix some time after launch .

This is great stuff. Fingers crossed that Spectrum gets on board. Thank you OE, and OL.

Update: Just found out from Spectrum that the ACCN is "coming". This is the second person from Spectrum reporting this. No launch date. But things are looking up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.