ACC Network Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oye. Every time I see another 'analyst' from Tobacco road ... I wonder when SU is going to start producing its own coaches shows. Very one-sided representation in the ACCN so far.
He went to FSU.

I grew up watching ESPN. I am relatively excited for the ACC Network, because I figure this is the best avenue for me to see more SU games and have our program (and the other 13-14 ACC schools) keep up financially.

All this said, I fell out of love with ESPN years ago. No more golf, no more Baseball Tonight, scaled back coverage of college basketball, no more NHL, severely reduced Barry Melrose segments (love that guy). People I respect let go (Jayson Stark, others) so that they can cover the NFL and the NBA incessantly.

Their dramatic NFL story of the week is about Duke Johnson, the Browns (now) third-string running back. Was he disrespected by the Browns off-season signings? How will he react? What does Baker think about it? How will their rookie head coach handle the locker room, etc. etc. etc. Or as I like to say, ... ad nauseam, ... ad nauseam, ... ad nauseam.

Anyhow, I went to CNN and ABC News this morning. At 10 a.m. ET to be precise. Top story: David Ortiz was shot last night in the Dominican. Big picture on the front page. The biggest pic. Front and center. Details are sketchy. The story is still being flushed out as it appears to have occurred later on a Sunday Night.

I flip over the ESPN.com.

Their top story: Is Kawai Leonard the Vince Vaughn of the NBA? (yes, there is a link for the Ortiz story, but come on).

You have got to be shipptting me, right? All this, after a decade+ of Big Papi this, Big Papi that, Yankees-Red Sox are the only MLB games we feel are worthy to show you.

So, it is now complete. ESPN has devolved to the point where its sole purpose is to be a propaganda machine for their primary (NFL, NBA, others need not apply) sports properties, as opposed to a network that covers sports.

I suppose I am disheartened that CNN and ABC News (which "owns" ESPN) know the biggest sports story and ESPN does not.

(as an aside, I am not a Red Sox person, nor a Yankees person. But I understand what Ortiz did for Boston both on the field and off. He's a historic figure in baseball the last 20 years)

I grew up watching ESPN. I am relatively excited for the ACC Network, because I figure this is the best avenue for me to see more SU games and have our program (and the other 13-14 ACC schools) keep up financially.

All this said, I fell out of love with ESPN years ago. No more golf, no more Baseball Tonight, scaled back coverage of college basketball, no more NHL, severely reduced Barry Melrose segments (love that guy). People I respect let go (Jayson Stark, others) so that they can cover the NFL and the NBA incessantly.

Their dramatic NFL story of the week is about Duke Johnson, the Browns (now) third-string running back. Was he disrespected by the Browns off-season signings? How will he react? What does Baker think about it? How will their rookie head coach handle the locker room, etc. etc. etc. Or as I like to say, ... ad nauseam, ... ad nauseam, ... ad nauseam.

Anyhow, I went to CNN and ABC News this morning. At 10 a.m. ET to be precise. Top story: David Ortiz was shot last night in the Dominican. Big picture on the front page. The biggest pic. Front and center. Details are sketchy. The story is still being flushed out as it appears to have occurred later on a Sunday Night.

Their top story: Is Kawai Leonard the Vince Vaughn of the NBA? (yes, there is a link for the Ortiz story, but come on).

You have got to be shipptting me, right? All this, after a decade+ of Big Papi this, Big Papi that, Yankees-Red Sox are the only MLB games we feel are worthy to show you.

So, it is now complete. ESPN has devolved to the point where its sole purpose is to be a propaganda machine for their primary (NFL, NBA, others need not apply) sports properties, as opposed to a network that covers sports.

I suppose I am disheartened that CNN and ABC News (which "owns" ESPN) know the biggest sports story and ESPN does not.

(as an aside, I am not a Red Sox person, nor a Yankees person. But I understand what Ortiz did for Boston both on the field and off. He's a historic figure in baseball the last 20 years)

Well said, well said

Not to mention their unnatural love for Duke (and Kentucky) basketball.

Bravo. Cheers. Could not have expressed this better myself. It's a rare day that I touch ESPN, and it's because of this nonsense

If Spectrum doesn’t carry the ACC Network then I’ll have no way of getting it :(

If Spectrum doesn’t carry the ACC Network then I’ll have no way of getting it :(

Why is that? Do you have internet? There are a lot of live tv options out there including PS Vue that will have the ACC network.

Can't get Hulu? I bet Spectrum picks it up, hope they do. But there is a back up plan... What a flop for Spectrum if they don't however, which would be right in their wheelhouse.

Can't get Hulu? I bet Spectrum picks it up, hope they do. But there is a back up plan... What a flop for Spectrum if they don't however, which would be right in their wheelhouse.
There is a HULU app on my smart TV - would that work?

There is a HULU app on my smart TV - would that work?

Connect your computer to your big screen TV.
That's what I do. I use Mac Mini's with the big TV as the monitor, and then toggle back and forth between Internet (for Netflix, ESPN games that are untelevised, etc.) and regular TV.

If this isn't fixed there will be a lot of old timers who won't have the technical know how or the technology to follow SU football and basketball.

Or, it’s time to ditch spectrum and go with a streamer.

I keep wanting to cut cable but I'm worried that I might miss out on some sports or programming I already have. Looked into it briefly before and it seems like a hassle to have multiple streamers to cover the content I already have. And it didn't even seem like it would save me that much when I packaged all the services together (including internet). I hate Spectrum but it seems they have me by the man area. Though no ACC network might be the kick in the butt I need to finally ditch them and their lousy service.

I keep wanting to cut cable but I'm worried that I might miss out on some sports or programming I already have. Looked into it briefly before and it seems like a hassle to have multiple streamers to cover the content I already have. And it didn't even seem like it would save me that much when I packaged all the services together (including internet). I hate Spectrum but it seems they have me by the man area. Though no ACC network might be the kick in the butt I need to finally ditch them and their lousy service.
Hulu has everything I was looking for in sports. Got a local antenna. It’s been great

Status
Not open for further replies.