ACC Network Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep wanting to cut cable but I'm worried that I might miss out on some sports or programming I already have. Looked into it briefly before and it seems like a hassle to have multiple streamers to cover the content I already have. And it didn't even seem like it would save me that much when I packaged all the services together (including internet). I hate Spectrum but it seems they have me by the man area. Though no ACC network might be the kick in the butt I need to finally ditch them and their lousy service.

What channels would you be missing with say Youtube TV or PS Vue that you have with Spectrum and need? Everyone's viewing preferences are different but Youtube TV or PS Vue or something similar have all the sports and a ton of channels for way less.

I keep wanting to cut cable but I'm worried that I might miss out on some sports or programming I already have. Looked into it briefly before and it seems like a hassle to have multiple streamers to cover the content I already have. And it didn't even seem like it would save me that much when I packaged all the services together (including internet). I hate Spectrum but it seems they have me by the man area. Though no ACC network might be the kick in the butt I need to finally ditch them and their lousy service.
Well if you feel like keeping cable, you could just switch to Fios, which will have the accn.

Well if you feel like keeping cable, you could just switch to Fios, which will have the accn.

I can't get FiOS where I'm at. Might give Direct TV a shot. We'll see.

if you get a good clean install you will have just some limited weather outages. it usually takes a pretty nasty downpour and even then 30Min is about as long an outage as you will get. In NY you also have occasional snow issues but make sure they install it low enough that a simple wipe off of the snow will handle.. for the most part they dont want to mount very high anymore so thats usually not an issue.

I would say I have lost a signal maybe 3-4 this spring and if you are getting 1-2 inches of rain that fast you probably shouldn't be surprised with signal issues.. I lose my DSL to weather more than my directv.

Directv also has the streaming service now too if you want to go that direction.

if you get a good clean install you will have just some limited weather outages. it usually takes a pretty nasty downpour and even then 30Min is about as long an outage as you will get. In NY you also have occasional snow issues but make sure they install it low enough that a simple wipe off of the snow will handle.. for the most part they dont want to mount very high anymore so thats usually not an issue.

I would say I have lost a signal maybe 3-4 this spring and if you are getting 1-2 inches of rain that fast you probably shouldn't be surprised with signal issues.. I lose my DSL to weather more than my directv.

Directv also has the streaming service now too if you want to go that direction.

What scares me isn't necessarily the outages but the outages at the wrong time. FG to decide the Superbowl, Cuse about to take a 3 for the Final Four kinda stuff.

Ever have any issues with direct TV and the weather?
Don’t get my wife started in that... a bit of rain and depending on the channel it can lead to mega frustration.

I believe our dish may need to be re-aimed.

it happens.. but cable and internet issues happen all the time too.. i havent had phone service at home for 3 weeks.. not that thats a bad thing

no power monday at home for 6-7 hrs. it happens

What channels would you be missing with say Youtube TV or PS Vue that you have with Spectrum and need? Everyone's viewing preferences are different but Youtube TV or PS Vue or something similar have all the sports and a ton of channels for way less.

I saw a great article about this topic about a year ago. It was a venn diagram (you know, the overlapping circles ...) of which programming you get with which streaming option. You could visualize what programming you watch, and thus which combination of services is right for you. I'll see if I can find something like that for you.,

i have little doubt spectrum will add acc network at launch. Its more of a question of how much will they add to the bill and which tier will it slot in(select,silver or gold)

What about blackouts, that’s my biggest concern with dropping cable. I would check out streaming service at times last year and there were multiple games blacked out for my area (great capital district). With cable the blacked out streaming game would always end up on SNY or something.

Don’t get my wife started in that... a bit of rain and depending on the channel it can lead to mega frustration.

I believe our dish may need to be re-aimed.

You may have a tree that is interfering with the satellite line of site. If we are going to have a massive downpour or hail the satellite will go off before the storm even starts as it can detect it in the atmosphere. My problem is when we get a heavy wet snow or ice. I have to hang out window with a long handled dust thing to clean off the dish. Taking my life in my hands. ;)

Reactions: gbo
Ok, so gonna cut the cord and drop my DirecTV.

Is there a service that will ensure I get both Cuse sports/ACC stuff and NBA league pass?

YoutubeTV

Unless I missed it, I don't believe YoutubeTV currently has an agreement to carry ACCN. The only 2 streaming apps that currently have agreed that I see are HuluLive and Playstation Vue.

To the OP, I have PSVue and highly recommend if you're looking to cut the cord. What I would suggest though when you're ready to cut the cord is to try all of the streaming apps and see which one you like best. All of them offer either 5 or 7 day free trials so you can go through all of them and see which ones best fit your viewing habits.

YoutubeTV
Unless I missed it, I don't believe YoutubeTV currently has an agreement to carry ACCN. The only 2 streaming apps that currently have agreed that I see are HuluLive and Playstation Vue.

To the OP, I have PSVue and highly recommend if you're looking to cut the cord. What I would suggest though when you're ready to cut the cord is to try all of the streaming apps and see which one you like best. All of them offer either 5 or 7 day free trials so you can go through all of them and see which ones best fit your viewing habits.
Yeah, I didn't think YoutubeTV had the ACC stuff yet.

I bought a PS4 back when they had that cheap Spiderman bundle. Played the game for like 2 hours and haven't touched it since, but it might become my top streaming option.

Yeah, I didn't think YoutubeTV had the ACC stuff yet.

I bought a PS4 back when they had that cheap Spiderman bundle. Played the game for like 2 hours and haven't touched it since, but it might become my top streaming option.

You also don't need a PlayStation to get PSVue. You just need to download the App on your smartTV, or get via Roku, Amazon Firestick, AppleTV etc.

You also don't need a PlayStation to get PSVue. You just need to download the App on your smartTV, or get via Roku, Amazon Firestick, AppleTV etc.
Oh really? Didn't realize that.

it took me about 5 min of watching youtube TV at my oldest kids house to realize why I hope Directv never stops using Sats even though i Know its gonna happen someday.. Saving money to dumb down the experience just isnt worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.