ACC Opener 2020 - SU @ Clemson | Syracusefan.com

ACC Opener 2020 - SU @ Clemson

I like it. We should have a team with some experience (though there will be some sizable holes , ex. DT) on both sides of the ball. With a little luck and some early season errors maybe we can sneak out a win, and if not its no big deal because no one will be expecting it.

Additionally, if we can salvage this year and some how produce 8 win regular season then we can use this game as a nice recruiting tool through out the off season. I think there are more positives than negatives with this set up.

I like it. We should have a team with some experience (though there will be some sizable holes , ex. DT) on both sides of the ball. With a little luck and some early season errors maybe we can sneak out a win, and if not its no big deal because no one will be expecting it.

Additionally, if we can salvage this year and some how produce 8 win regular season then we can use this game as a nice recruiting tool through out the off season. I think there are more positives than negatives with this set up.
I always want Clemson early or very late.

Not a fan of this.
Clemson will be healthy and focused.
Don’t want them week 1 but it is what it is.
We will likely play on ACCN though.

Not a fan of this.
Clemson will be healthy and focused.
Don’t want them week 1 but it is what it is.
We will likely play on ACCN though.

Will we not be?

I’d rather see Clemson in September than November.
Not a fan of starting the season with a likely loss. At all.
I'd rather be overhyped and have those dreams come crushing down at the end of the season. I'd at least get to enjoy the fantasy for a few weeks before the bubble gets popped. Put it this way - we all had concerns about the team after Liberty, but there was still optimism. The mood was MUCH different after getting exposed by MD. I'd rather be "somewhat concerned" for as long as we can ride that train instead of "completely demoralized" before the leaves even change color.

Will we not be?
Syracuse doesn’t have the talent Clemson does.
We can be perfectly healthy and we won’t have close to the talent Clemson does.
Clemson/Alabama/Ohio State/Georgia have a gigantic talent gap over every other team in the nation.

Syracuse doesn’t have the talent Clemson does.
We can be perfectly healthy and we won’t have close to the talent Clemson does.
Clemson/Alabama/Ohio State/Georgia have a gigantic talent gap over every other team in the nation.

...well we still have to play them. What does week 1 versus week 12 matter other than greater chance for injury?

...well we still have to play them. What does week 1 versus week 12 matter other than greater chance for injury?
I would rather not let them have an entire training camp preparing for our offense.
When we were 4-0 going down there last year our team had more confidence.
Don’t want the toughest game in week 1.
Would prefer a cupcake as the biggest improvements happen as the season progresses.

"Of Syracuse’s 4 ACC road opponents in 2020, the only team with an opening wk 1 is Clemson."

Odd assumption if that is the only data point. We could certainly open on the road against a non-conference team.

"Of Syracuse’s 4 ACC road opponents in 2020, the only team with an opening wk 1 is Clemson."

Odd assumption if that is the only data point. We could certainly open on the road against a non-conference team.
We already announced the dates of the nonconference games for 2020.
September 12th at Rutgers
September 19th Colgate
September 26th at Western Michigan
October 17th Liberty

Week 1 is a conference game as a result.

unless something changes, the Angry Clemson Fan is right, here is next year's non conference schedule:

• 09/12 - at Rutgers
  • 09/19 - Colgate
  • 09/26 - at Western Michigan
  • 10/17 - Liberty
at least we get two patsies after Clemson. the first one easier than the second.

unless something changes, the Angry Clemson Fan is right, here is next year's non conference schedule:

• 09/12 - at Rutgers
  • 09/19 - Colgate
  • 09/26 - at Western Michigan
  • 10/17 - Liberty
at least we get two patsies after Clemson. the first one easier than the second.

Well that makes it clearer! Thanks.

so basically everyone scheduled something week 1 so they couldnt play an ACC game? doesnt mean none of those week 2 teams dont play someone with a week 1 opening and move a week 2 game up though.

I'm not a fan of conference games in week 1.
With the millions of dollars paid to all the members of the ACC through our new network it is the new normal.

Syracuse is losing very little from this team. They should be very good next season. I think it is likely they will be ranked and in the top 25. It would be really weird to have one of the most awaited and important conference games of the season played so early in the season two years in a row,

The ACC has moved games around routinely in recent years to make the schedule make sense for the league and for TV. I don’t think this is a done deal by any means, especially if Syracuse has the solid season this year we all hope and expect.

I think it likely we will open on the road against an ACC school. Jut don’t think it will be Clemson. A lot depends on how we play from here on in. Along with schools like Wake Forest...

If this is true, who’s in for a Road Trip!?

Death Valley, week one. “Somebody needs to go back and get a shitload of dimes!”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom