Paolo Banchero, Duke, 64
Trevor Keels, Duke, 5
Terquavion Smith, NC State, 3
Dontrez Styles, North Carolina, 3
Igor Milicic Jr., Virginia, 3
Wooga Poplar, Miami, 1
Benny Williams, Syracuse, 1
Cameron Hildreth, Wake Forest, 1

Riddle me this… Buddy overwhelmingly voted preseason first team all-ACC but third in preseason player of the year? :confused:

Caleb Love on the second team is a joke they just had to make sure a UNC guy got on there

I think this is the first Syracuse player since joining the league to be named on the preseason all-ACC first team? I doubt anyone would've ever anticipated/projected Buddy to make this list when he showed up at SU. Good for him! And, JB!

FWIW, it does makes me wonder (at least in part) is this a reflection of the ACC and its current state/talent level being considerably down from its accustomed standard? Duke is the only team ranked in the Top-10 of the preseason Top-25 at #9, and the other 3 teams ranked are in the bottom 3rd.

Last edited:
I think this is the first Syracuse player since joining the league to be named on the preseason all-ACC first team? I doubt anyone would've ever anticipated/projected Buddy to make this list when he showed up at SU. Good for him! And, JB!

FWIW, it does makes me wonder (at least in part) is this a reflection of the ACC and its current state/talent level being considerably down from its accustomed standard? Duke is the only team ranked in the Top-10 of the preseason Top-25 at #9, and the other 3 teams ranked are in the bottom 3rd.
Pretty sure CJ was preseason 1st team and might've even been preseason POY.

I miss the days in the Big East when I would be extremely familiar with every player on the preseason teams.

I absolutely have no idea who some of these people are.
It is a pretty weak group of players there. The ACC has work to do to re-establish itself as the toughest conference in the country.

I miss the days in the Big East when I would be extremely familiar with every player on the preseason teams.

I absolutely have no idea who some of these people are.
But do you think that's a BIg East thing or just the trend of guys leaving so early and the almost constant turnover on each team? Basically, do you think you'd still be as familiar with the Big East as you used to be?

But do you think that's a BIg East thing or just the trend of guys leaving so early and the almost constant turnover on each team? Basically, do you think you'd still be as familiar with the Big East as you used to be?
Probably more a turnover thing, I think. It just happened to coincide with our time in the Big East vs. the ACC. But I'm guessing the ACC almost certainly has more one-and-dones today than the Big East does.

There’s only a single one and done player on the first and second teams. The rest of the guys we saw last year.

Is Mark Williams on Duke a player that people are familiar with?

I can rattle off the Duke starting lineups from the 90s and 2000s with ease, but I guess he was on Duke last year and averaged 7 ppg?

There’s only a single one and done player on the first and second teams. The rest of the guys we saw last year.
That tells me the talent across college basketball isn’t what it used to be.

The ACC wasn’t great last year.
Florida State probably has the best team IMO.

The players aren’t great. It’s just the NBA talent leaves early.
College hoops across the board is way down.

Williams is a big kid. Was highly rated. K said he wasn’t ready so he did not play early. Came on late in the year: Good shot blocker, not sure if his O is anymore than dunks and put backs

Williams is a big kid. Was highly rated. K said he wasn’t ready so he did not play early. Came on late in the year: Good shot blocker, not sure if his O is anymore than dunks and put backs

wasnt ready?

wasnt ready?
Mark Williams was a top 30 recruit and was a 5 star.

If he wasn’t ready then it already confirms K isn’t good with player development like it’s been said.
He relies on talent it’s been said numerous times.

The kid wasn’t coached well.
If you want to say that fine. Saying he wasn’t ready is lazy spin.
Our fanbase is good at taking spin at face value because they want to believe it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom